Verified:

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 15th 2023, 16:49:41

Yes, it's hard for mods to know the history of particular players, which is why the community shares some additional insight, but the previous statement from galleri was to not jump into other people's wars. In this case, no war was started when Here for a Good Time attacked Blackhole. There's no consistency here - how are players to adhere to that?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 15th 2023, 17:00:04

If you discuss here what is in your topic I will allow it. We will NOT debate if players should be purple or not, you do NOT have the information needed to make such a call, and mods will not post such information either because it will just be used to fine tune gray area behavior or to circumvent the rules entirely.

Mrredmanbhs Game profile

Jan 15th 2023, 17:46:27

Yes, I agree and is the reason Country names carry on. If one is looking to avoid payback, starting a new name and in C bracket is the only way to do it. If one truly want to win game A, they must use diplomacy through the ladder.
-MrRedManbhs

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 15th 2023, 18:41:03

It is hard to moderate because the intent has to be inferred by a person who does not have the necessary context to make such judgments. I don’t love cross-server grudges, but moderating that is very hard. People who use the same name on every server open themselves up to such grievances, in a way, bear some responsibility.

In the end, we have to trust the moderator to be unbiased. I think any purple should instantly be flowed up with the reason via direct message to the affected player. Not detailed info but the broad reason for such action. That alone would go a long way to avoiding complaints.

If anyone feels wrongly treated by a mod, you should escalate it to Prime for a second look.

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 15th 2023, 19:29:47

Well my stance is that we have a beef she carry over anywhere that I can find you with the exception of 1a.

If you gonna wreck me in primary or team you bet your ass I’ll try to find you in tourney or express.

This is the way

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 15th 2023, 19:36:20

Based on the purple that I received this weekend my new understanding is that if I am going to AB / war any country here they better have not attacked anyone else prior to my attack or it may or may not be deemed that I am retaling / helping / interfering with another “war”.

In my instance my understanding is that black hole double tapped Andrewmoose and it was inferenced that I was white knighting Andrew. Which was not the case.

However, the same thing happened to me last time that I hit Gerdler. It was assumed that I was interfering in whatever land grabs or issue he had going on and that was also not the case. I was just out for blood against my friend / nemesis. Lol

So my take home point is that if I am going to battle someone I have to ensure that I check country news and I gotta be sure that I am the first defend / attack against my target or face death by the delete key

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 15th 2023, 19:37:32

But even outside of that, this is setting the precedent that if a country attacks or is attacked by anyone else, you can't FS them. That bar seems too low and is untenable.

Edit just to add that SF said basically the same thing before I saw it.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 15th 2023, 19:44:14

Stop making the same mistake, SuperFly, hit BEFORE that country gets involved in a scuffle with someone else!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 15th 2023, 19:44:15

Well this could be exploited in many ways and is somewhat crazy but here is what I am thinking:

I see that #1 just farmed #4. Now I and everyone else can’t hit #1 with ABs or farm him cuz it might look we are helping #4.

Now if #4 got farmed by #1 and I want to now farm #4 cuz he is weakened (what happens in primary every round) will I be opened to being purpled cuz now I am ganging up on #4 and also helping out #1 even though I am only doing it for my personal gain?

Or is the deleteable action anything accept land grabs? So if I would have farmed the crap out of black hole then I wouldn’t have been deleted?

Either way KoH is on the right track. Hit first not 2nd. So maybe next set I’ll farm the easiest break and he is automatically my exclusive farm / war partner for the entire round and anyone who touches me will be reported as aiding my victim and hopefully he gets delayed asap like I have been twice now

Edited By: SuperFly on Jan 15th 2023, 19:50:21

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 15th 2023, 19:46:22

Yes, you messed up bro, twice and twice purpled, take notes. but farming is different from special attacks, don't twist things.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 15th 2023, 19:53:57

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Yes, you messed up bro, twice and twice purpled, take notes. but farming is different from special attacks, don't twist things.

Right so as long as I have the necessary jets I can farm #1 who has farmed #4. My attacks have now weakened #1 so now #4 has been helped out indirectly by me and he can attack #1 and break him.

It’s a tangled mess but I’ll have to put it to the test when I encounter Wilma and Fred, black hole or zachelvania again. Those are the 3 guys who were sharing my spy op with black hole and threatening action against me btw as we are at war in teams lol

Edited By: SuperFly on Jan 15th 2023, 19:56:04

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 15th 2023, 19:55:43

I recommend you wait for DR to zero out 👍
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 15th 2023, 20:05:12

Originally posted by SuperFly:

It’s a tangled mess but I’ll have to put it to the test when I encounter Wilma and Fred, black hole or zachelvania again.

You are planning to take the mods time by testing the limits of the rules in the future. Noted.

This thread failed but at least we got that. For next time.