Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 0:24:02

I notice a lot of quiet on this topic..

Just an outside observer..

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 0:26:24

No need to beat on a dead horse, it is my right to bare arms, suck it :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 21st 2020, 0:40:53

Also what prompted this thread?

iScode Game profile

Jul 21st 2020, 0:47:09

Americans and guns. Like a retarded kid with cake....

Well I guess what I am trying to say is that Americans are retarded...
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 1:00:31

Is bug trying to fan the flames? Russian bot?

#notMyEEdev

Nate Game profile

Jul 21st 2020, 1:05:51

Originally posted by iScode:
Americans and guns. Like a retarded kid with cake....

Well I guess what I am trying to say is that Americans are retarded...

Not sure if I can agree with this more on a macro level

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 1:15:14

not really flaming, I just hate to see peaceful persons anywhere being hurt bashed and taken away in un-marked cars.

I mean its also the main reason why people want to have guns to protect themselves..

Edited By: Bug on Jul 21st 2020, 1:18:23
See Original Post

BROmanceNZ

Jul 21st 2020, 1:27:16

I don’t know if anyone knows where the line is when it comes to protecting yourself with your gun when your target is a police officer.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 21st 2020, 1:29:50

What does that have to do with guns tho? This is days old news more regarding govt overreach, trumps handling of the unrest etc. I have either missed some news item or this is a stretch. I mean I'm with you, the second amendment is 100+ years past its due date, but I don't see what specifically you are talking about here.

I mean every time we have a shooting the pro-gun ppl all say; "now is the time to grieve, not the time for a gun debate." and then it all cools down, then the next big shooting happens and the same thing. I have noted the same pattern at least a dozen times and I actively ignore americans dying to friendly fire, since they want it that way, but still this has reached me, repeatedly.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 21st 2020, 1:37:42

Originally posted by BROmanceNZ:
I don’t know if anyone knows where the line is when it comes to protecting yourself with your gun when your target is a police officer.

Good point. I would rather live in a country where I can trust the police not to act like that... and heck, I do, lol.

https://www.thelocal.se/...rs-praised-by-new-yorkers

We think this is a pretty mundane act tho, its the level of professionalism we expect, not something we give medals for:

https://nypost.com/...dish-cops-subway-heroics/

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 1:41:05

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Good point. I would rather live in a country where I can trust the police not to act like that... and heck, I do, lol.

We think this is a pretty mundane act tho, its the level of professionalism we expect, not something we give medals for:

Agreed with both.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 2:32:55

Yeah i think that is the whole point, I'm confusing the gun topic with the current stuff, because i always thought the reason for the argument against changing any gun rules was "what if someone invades our democracy".

I live in a country where a horrible act happened and within months the government had made it so restricted that people now feel safe without guns, but people still get to enjoy things like hunting and shooting for sport, they just do not have the ability to use high powered, semi-automatic or pistols without having a VERY hard to get license for them.

As for the other points you made, yes i couldn't agree more. Police violence is out of hand and it makes me feel uncomfortable for my friends that live and work in America every day. The video of the Navy Vet being bashed has been on all of our news in Australia and all I can think about is where the hell is this line gone..

BROmanceNZ

Jul 21st 2020, 2:38:10

https://nypost.com/...=618&h=410&crop=1

They look like they're a Eurovision band. Haha.

BROmanceNZ

Jul 21st 2020, 2:55:38

Originally posted by Bug:
Yeah i think that is the whole point, I'm confusing the gun topic with the current stuff, because i always thought the reason for the argument against changing any gun rules was "what if someone invades our democracy".

I live in a country where a horrible act happened and within months the government had made it so restricted that people now feel safe without guns, but people still get to enjoy things like hunting and shooting for sport, they just do not have the ability to use high powered, semi-automatic or pistols without having a VERY hard to get license for them.

As for the other points you made, yes i couldn't agree more. Police violence is out of hand and it makes me feel uncomfortable for my friends that live and work in America every day. The video of the Navy Vet being bashed has been on all of our news in Australia and all I can think about is where the hell is this line gone..

Are you talking about this: https://apnews.com/...6d47c25d76d18000a3ea04511 ?

I've seen in here in Hong Kong too. Officers in groups - protected by numbers, equipment and the law - getting caught up in the moment and making decisions that lead to actions that realistically should be outside of what police and the public should expect.

But the danger of harm is what the police leadership use to dismiss any notion of wrong doing by its officers. When people, politicians and reporters point out the hypocrisy of it, they're accused of trying to destroy police morale. The heads of the Hong Kong Police Force have done such a ridiculous job of trying to paint to its own police force an "Us vs Them" mentality that fuels their perspective on the general public all being potential threats.

Hong Kong Police officers, individually, used to be fairly calm and reasonable people. Last year, it took an officer trying to run protesters over with his police bike before the public saw any accountability being shown for errors of judgment in officers.

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 3:24:37

Oh of course what is happening in Hong Kong is similar but a different kettle of fish, HK has always had the issue with China and their involvement or lack there of.

Those police in Portland (if they are police or just thugs) came out to inflict pain, not to disperse a crowd of protestors.

iScode Game profile

Jul 21st 2020, 3:35:12

Are you talking about this: https://apnews.com/...6d47c25d76d18000a3ea04511 ?

I've seen in here in Hong Kong too. Officers in groups - protected by numbers, equipment and the law - getting caught up in the moment and making decisions that lead to actions that realistically should be outside of what police and the public should expect.

But the danger of harm is what the police leadership use to dismiss any notion of wrong doing by its officers. When people, politicians and reporters point out the hypocrisy of it, they're accused of trying to destroy police morale. The heads of the Hong Kong Police Force have done such a ridiculous job of trying to paint to its own police force an "Us vs Them" mentality that fuels their perspective on the general public all being potential threats.

Hong Kong Police officers, individually, used to be fairly calm and reasonable people. Last year, it took an officer trying to run protesters over with his police bike before the public saw any accountability being shown for errors of judgment in officers.

Complete segway (sorry bug feel free to delete) What's your thoughts on kiwis living overseas having to pay for their own quarantine if they currently want to return home to our beautiful country? Seems to be a lot of push back from expats.

My thoughts are if you deserted your country to pay a foreign govt tax you should expect to have to pay for the right to return. In saying that I cant understand why anyone would to leave this country in the first place (not aimed at you, and no offence meant, just a personal opinion.)
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

archaic Game profile

Jul 21st 2020, 3:45:33

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...RFLB2F37ZSM.jpg&w=691

This out of 120M gun owners, and we don't have another country's queen on our money either. I sleep much better at night knowing that my elected leaders are a little bit afraid of their constituents - as was intended.

The fact that that racist misogynistic Kiwi kunt icode hates America actually makes it even more worthwhile.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 3:47:21

Originally posted by archaic:

This out of 120M gun owners, and we don't have another country's queen on our money either. I sleep much better at night knowing that my elected leaders are a little bit afraid of their constituents - as was intended.

The fact that that racist misogynistic Kiwi kunt icode hates America actually makes it even more worthwhile.

10/10
(•_•)

iScode Game profile

Jul 21st 2020, 4:23:43

America's not a race. And I don't hate you really. Tbh I pity you...
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 4:29:01

well my post has been hijacked now so yay!

Also returning Citizens should be paying for hotel quarantine.. NZ and Aus gave them what since March to return? if you return now you should be liable for expences to keep you safe/protect the public..

Stupid idiot security guarding ours in Victoria slept with a sex worker turned out to be positive, now we are back in lockdown.. YAY..

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 5:02:35

well my post has been hijacked now so yay!

Also returning Citizens should be paying for hotel quarantine.. NZ and Aus gave them what since March to return? if you return now you should be liable for expences to keep you safe/protect the public..

Stupid idiot security guarding ours in Victoria slept with a sex worker turned out to be positive, now we are back in lockdown.. YAY..

What did you really expect?, Did you not realize this is AT??

:P
(•_•)

iScode Game profile

Jul 21st 2020, 5:45:27

I dI'd say he could deleye it. But I do apologise.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 5:46:15

Sal Goodman
(•_•)

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 5:57:58

Na, i don't care that it was hijacked lol :P

BROmanceNZ

Jul 21st 2020, 5:59:51

Complete segway (sorry bug feel free to delete) What's your thoughts on kiwis living overseas having to pay for their own quarantine if they currently want to return home to our beautiful country? Seems to be a lot of push back from expats.

My thoughts are if you deserted your country to pay a foreign govt tax you should expect to have to pay for the right to return. In saying that I cant understand why anyone would to leave this country in the first place (not aimed at you, and no offence meant, just a personal opinion.)

Nah, no offence at all mate.

I don't have any problem with being charged to return. The Government can't afford to continue funding the quarantine for every returning Kiwi and, considering how well the country is doing with COVID, it's unsurprising that a huge number of expats are trying to return.

But I can afford it. I left NZ for the sort of salary where I can comfortably afford to pay $3,000 as an unexpected cost. I'm unsure how I feel about the cost being demanded of people who can't afford it, though. Not all of those people will be voluntarily moving home - some will have found themselves without jobs or without income for such a sustained period of time, and will find themselves ineligible for the sort of welfare support that their host countries might offer to their own citizens/residents.

We don't have to look far to know that, before COVID, Kiwi's who lost their jobs in Australia were not eligible for any financial support - regardless of the years they've spent paying taxes.

Because I have the money and I have a family that I have to pay for, I would like the option to either choose the level of accommodation I'm expected to spend two weeks in, or at least have the option to choose an AirBnB to rent for the period. I'll happily abide by all quarantine and isolation requirements, including check ups by the relevant authorities. Though I get that ballbags have fluffed that up by lying to health authorities, trying to escape and generally just being a bunch of fluffs, so I'm not super hopeful that'll happen.

But, yeah. I'm not mad. The Government needs to draw a line in the sand and decide when they're not longer financially responsible for returning Kiwis, and people need to recognise that it doesn't help to return home and instantly be a drain on the public purse.

I'll be home in December, if everything works out okay. Hopefully quarantine restrictions will have ended by then because I'd hate to spend Christmas locked in a hotel room. Though, if I get come home.. Well, that's the main thing.

Suicidal Game profile

Jul 21st 2020, 12:21:01

idiots

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 14:28:08

America's not a race. And I don't hate you really. Tbh I pity you...

It's like an ant pitying an elephant. I'm sure you're saying something, but too small to bother with.....I don't even pity you. I don't think of you "tbh".

Not like it matters, but you could still be a racist and hate America. Archaic didn't say you were racist because you hate America. So, just a little reading comprehension there for you.

But ya. No offense.

P.S: This in no way reflects my thoughts on NZ. But I did work for a Kiwi for 7 years and he was a jizz tard.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 14:33:00

Also, now that we have the entire population of NZ posting.

He always told me that the north end of NZ was a lawless murdering region where you needed to be native to survive. Like people from the southern parts don't even go there.

Unbiased response please. If scode wasn't such a chode, i'd be willing to talk about our issues. Keep in mind that some of us love this place.

Soviet Game profile

Jul 21st 2020, 14:47:16

Explaining what it's like to live in a country full of guns is like a Norwegian explaining to me what free healthcare and education is like when they spend 1/300th the amount on national defense. That is to say, If Norway gets invaded by Russia or China, America will save you. If America gets invaded by Russia or China, is Norway going to save me? Probably not.

My guns will or I'll die trying.
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

Soviet Game profile

Jul 21st 2020, 14:49:00

And not picking on Norway, most socialized countries tout free this and that but neglect to admit my tax dollar defends them basically for free.
Imaginary Numbers

BROmanceNZ

Jul 21st 2020, 15:00:45

Originally posted by ZEN:

He always told me that the north end of NZ was a lawless murdering region where you needed to be native to survive. Like people from the southern parts don't even go there.

Unbiased response please. If scode wasn't such a chode, i'd be willing to talk about our issues. Keep in mind that some of us love this place.

The guy was talking out his arse. Northland is fine as far as people go, and it has some of the most beautiful countryside up those ways too. Small towns, though, but not dissimilar in size and “Sweet fluff all happening” as the majority of the South Island.

People from the South don’t usually venture up to Northland too often because it’s far too expensive. Or they’re racists and don’t like that Northland is full of brown people. Ask any Kiwi if they were surprised that, of all the places for a mosque to be shot up, it was in Christchurch.

That flips for Northland people going down South too. Why go down to “Honkeyville” just to freeze your arse off and wonder why the only breakfast option they have is plain toast?

Literally, NZ is like maybe four towns dressed up as cities, and everything in between is farm farm farm church pub farm farm pub church farm farm farm beach overpriced tourist cafe pub church farm farm farm - with a lot of it populated by small town farmers, Church goers and surfers/fishermen who are friendly enough but won’t be able to get through five consecutive sentences without saying something racist or bigoted.

tl;dr - NZ isn’t murderous but we’re pretty good racists.

Source: I grew up in the South and my wife is from the north of the North. We’re equally racist to our mixed race baby.

Edited By: BROmanceNZ on Jul 21st 2020, 15:04:39
See Original Post

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 21st 2020, 15:19:16

Originally posted by Slagpit:
I don't like having to waste my time moderating the forums, so knock it off Bug.

:P
(couldn't resist posting this here when I found it.)

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 15:20:38

Originally posted by ZEN:

The guy was talking out his arse. Northland is fine as far as people go, and it has some of the most beautiful countryside up those ways too. Small towns, though, but not dissimilar in size and “Sweet fluff all happening” as the majority of the South Island.

People from the South don’t usually venture up to Northland too often because it’s far too expensive. Or they’re racists and don’t like that Northland is full of brown people. Ask any Kiwi if they were surprised that, of all the places for a mosque to be shot up, it was in Christchurch.

That flips for Northland people going down South too. Why go down to “Honkeyville” just to freeze your arse off and wonder why the only breakfast option they have is plain toast?

Literally, NZ is like maybe four towns dressed up as cities, and everything in between is farm farm farm church pub farm farm pub church farm farm farm beach overpriced tourist cafe pub church farm farm farm - with a lot of it populated by small town farmers, Church goers and surfers/fishermen who are friendly enough but won’t be able to get through five consecutive sentences without saying something racist or bigoted.

tl;dr - NZ isn’t murderous but we’re pretty good racists.

Source: I grew up in the South and my wife is from the north of the North. We’re equally racist to our mixed race baby.

Well. Looks like I am now a fan. Actually sounds like a good place to be. Especially the part with the pub. And the farm. And the tourist cafe. After I finish that, maybe the church. Unless the pub is the church. Then before and after. Just to be safe.

Sounds about right. He was a fluff head. Though he did leave his NZ wife and 3 children to marry an awful Mexican woman who hated my guts. Probably because I explained to her one time that my ancestors came to her country and raped the natives to create her. Mind you, it was before I knew she was plowing the boss. So probably not 100% racist, just pac-islander racist.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 21st 2020, 15:49:09

Originally posted by Soviet:
And not picking on Norway, most socialized countries tout free this and that but neglect to admit my tax dollar defends them basically for free.
Explaining what it's like to live in a country full of guns is like a Norwegian explaining to me what free healthcare and education is like when they spend 1/300th the amount on national defense. That is to say, If Norway gets invaded by Russia or China, America will save you. If America gets invaded by Russia or China, is Norway going to save me? Probably not.

Would be a reasonable arguement if it wasnt for the fact that USA is the only NATO country that ever invoked article 5 lol

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 16:01:09

Would be a reasonable arguement if it wasnt for the fact that USA is the only NATO country that ever invoked article 5 lol

To be fair, we didn't invoke anything. When 9/11 happened, NATO invoked article 5. A country doesn't have that power. Unless you would like to confirm that NATO is just an American extension and you all should be a part of our glorious nation?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 21st 2020, 16:06:53

Also Norway spends more like 1% of what you spend on its military budget, keep in mind that Norway is 1.6% of US pop. So while Norway like ~15 other NATO countries do spend less than 2% of GDP they actually spend more in absolute numbers than about 23-24 other nato members, per capita.

Further, while US defence spendng is through the roof, its payments to the operations of Nato are actually quite low per capita, only accounting for about 22% of Natos annual running costs, which is about 50% more than Germany's contribution, a country of about 1/4 your population:
https://www.nato.int/...ublications/sgar19-en.pdf

That means Germany pays 2.5 times more per capita to the running cost of NATO than you do. And in fact no one forces you to run 3.5% of your GDP on defence speding. It's your own choice.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 16:24:54

Until we work together with other countries around the world, the human race will always be held back. The fact that countries need a military ready to kill people to defend themselves or protect others says a lot about the human condition. If we would quit with this self-inflicted condition, maybe we could make progress.

Not an easy feat considering we've been fighting each other since the beginning, our ape brains need to evolve a bit more.

I don't like threads like this, thanks Bug, because it's a never-ending circle of opinions that don't matter. One of the worst parts of the internet is people think their opinion matters just because they can type on a keyboard (not directed at any one person if you feel offended.)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 21st 2020, 16:35:56

Im just here to troll americans who think their contribution to the human race is so much bigger(or so much more equal, hah) than the rest of us. Like Scode, but I do it in a more sophisticated manner. :)

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 16:48:42

Im just here to troll americans who think their contribution to the human race is so much bigger(or so much more equal, hah) than the rest of us. Like Scode, but I do it in a more sophisticated manner. :)

Debatable.

Soviet Game profile

Jul 21st 2020, 16:58:47

The fact that Norway or any other NATO country has over 20 aircraft carriers fully stocked with the latest fighters plus something like 70 submarines on call...

Again, no one forces us to have 750billion defense budget, except the fact that we have to defend everyone.
Imaginary Numbers

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 21st 2020, 17:12:51

Again, everyone defends you and you've defended no one since WW2.

braden Game profile

Jul 21st 2020, 17:14:53

Sweden put a man on the moon, or its equivalency?

I think yall helped in the thirty years war. Killing people a.d invading countries over difference of religion? Everything you've ever done is now less because you're an empire building religious fanatical people.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 17:18:05

Originally posted by braden:

I think yall helped in the thirty years war. Killing people a.d invading countries over difference of religion? Everything you've ever done is now less because you're an empire building religious fanatical people.

They are Vikings that raped and pillaged the world high on mushrooms prior to settling down, aye?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 21st 2020, 17:30:03

It's fine. Im not defending Sweden or swedes, or anyone else. Say anything you want about us. Yeah we raped and pillaged as vikings, and then we expanded our empire in wars covered up with religious motives, yeah we sold iron to the nazis, yeah we helped create the migration wave that resulted in thousands of migrants drowning in the mediterranean and untold misery beyond that, yeah we funded the State Institute for Racial Biology where we measured skulls and fluff. Just dont claim you are better lol. Because you are not.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jul 21st 2020, 17:34:44

Originally posted by Requiem:
Originally posted by braden:

They are Vikings that raped and pillaged the world high on mushrooms prior to settling down, aye?

https://youtu.be/mw0pylT0Tg0

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jul 21st 2020, 17:35:38

chances are if someone showed up to shove me in a vehicle they would get shot in the face. Then again you won't catch me at any of these protests. someone send derrick this link since he has been going to them, maybe he can chime in lol
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jul 21st 2020, 17:39:53

Zen once was standing in his front yard. Low and behold a vehicle pulled up and they jumped out and pushed him in. Turns out it was Shammy, Trife, Ravi et all. Zen can't tell the rest of the story because he has no memory. Told me he would do it over again in a heartbeat.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 17:43:22

It's fine. Im not defending Sweden or swedes, or anyone else. Say anything you want about us. Yeah we raped and pillaged as vikings, and then we expanded our empire in wars covered up with religious motives, yeah we sold iron to the nazis, yeah we helped create the migration wave that resulted in thousands of migrants drowning in the mediterranean and untold misery beyond that, yeah we funded the State Institute for Racial Biology where we measured skulls and fluff. Just dont claim you are better lol. Because you are not.

I actually agree with you. We have more in common than not.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 18:05:10

Originally posted by Requiem:

I actually agree with you. We have more in common than not.

Well I don't agree with you. Not because I think I am better than you, but because your "trolling" is contradictory and biased. You start the ignorant statements like this "I have noted the same pattern at least a dozen times and I actively ignore americans dying to friendly fire, since they want it that way, but still this has reached me, repeatedly".

We SO want to kill each other. Nailed it.

Then you brag about your country while simultaneously stating bashing our country and implying that decent courtesy in time of complete turmoil in our country is just a staple in your piece of fluff country (no offense, but fluff you).

"Good point. I would rather live in a country where I can trust the police not to act like that... and heck, I do, lol.

https://nypost.com/...cops-subway-heroics/";

Obviously hoping for a response involving any American patriotism so you can, what, try to berate people with statistics that mean nothing?

So ignorance is countered with defensive stance, countered with bigotry, countered with high road stance? Nah dude. You have the issues here.

If you are offended by me stating the facts, dont worry. I'm just trolling Europeans who think they matter to anyone but themselves.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2020, 18:12:29

I think we should circle around to the real issue here. Bug breaking all of the forum rules and creating an inflammatory post.

Fsck that guy! (computer nerd humor)