Verified:

llaar Game profile

May 6th 2010, 16:11:23

is nothing going to be done about the hacker that logged into my account?

you're going to sit and protect his identity?

isn't it illegal to hack into someone's account?

you fluffing moderators are encouraging hacking by listening to ANYTHING a hacker has to say to you, and doing the insane injustice of protecting the hackers identity!

anyone remember this recent case:

"Here in the U.S., in March of this year, David Kernell, 21, the son of a Democrat politician, was charged with accessing Governor Sarah Palin's account without authorisation, fraud, unlawful electronic transmission of material and trying to conceal records to impede investigation.

If found guilty, he faces up to 20 years in prison, a $250,000 fine and five years supervised probation."

i personally feel violated and betrayed by the game staff here

is this really the way you are going to run things around here?

Some Guy

May 6th 2010, 16:15:09

You cheated. Cheaters have no rights in a text-based online game.

It looks like you have the opportunity to come clean. As an alliance leader in both servers I suggest you do the right thing before things get really bad.

llaar Game profile

May 6th 2010, 16:18:04

I DID NOT CHEAT

i have played 100% fluffing legit in Earth Empires in every single server!

go fluff yourself

this thread is about someone hacking, and the mods doing nothing about it

Billyjoe of UCF Game profile

May 6th 2010, 16:19:03

llaar please pull this off FFAT send an email chase it down from there.

The mods are attempting to help in anyway they can and are still in the midst of researching it as far as I know.

Thanks,
Billyjoe

Rico Game profile

May 6th 2010, 16:23:33

Would DM have access to your passwords? Maybe that is the fist place you should start looking.

NOW3P Game profile

May 6th 2010, 16:24:14

Brilliant some guy - I think you've done something wrong, therefore you have no right to defend yourself or ask for rational judgment.

I know llaar's past, and I have known him for quite a while. Personally, I trust him enough to know that if he says something is not right about the situation, there's still probably questions to be answered. He's one of the more intelligent people I've met playing this game, and despite folks' personal opinions of him, has done an awful lot to further this game and the community surrounding it.

It also solves nothing to ignore those questions or withhold relevant information to them. If there is cheating going on in LaE (which I am not convinced of either way yet, but will entirely agree that it is possible), then answering those questions will only accomplish the further incrimination of those involved, and improve the game. If LaE is not cheating, then the answering of the questions posed will exonerate them fairly, and improve accountability of both mods and the community.

I do agree with BillyJoe though, that FFAT is not the best place for this - although I also know that Llaar has not been left with many other options.

Edited By: NOW3P on May 6th 2010, 16:26:00

Some Guy

May 6th 2010, 16:30:57

I'm not sure why anyone thinks the admins owe LaE or the public anything.

They found enough evidence to delete. Its their game.

Deal with it or leave.

For so many to get deleted and for DM to lose his access I'd say you got caught red-handed.

Do you think Mehul Patel would have answered your questions and provided you with blueprints, powerpoints and diagrams worth of proof why he deleted something? What about Jolt?

The fact remains that the admins said they will release limited info to 1) protect their intel 2) protect everyone else from using the same methods to cheat.

Good job admins. You're doing a great job so far.

Edited By: Some Guy on May 6th 2010, 16:36:31

spawn Game profile

May 6th 2010, 16:33:10

i dont see your countries deleted, unless you use a different username other than "llaar"
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Dark Morbid

May 6th 2010, 16:35:31

The point of this thread was not to point out we were deleted, we are aware of that already. If you would like to talk about that topic still, their are other threads pertaining to that discussion.

If you read the topic title and content of the message body, you will see a different subject being addressed here.

K.Thx.Bye.
Originally posted by kemo:
they day you make it pay to play the player base will drop like a vanilla ice album

NOW3P Game profile

May 6th 2010, 16:35:38

you just keep getting better, too! "Think my way, or GIT OOOUUUTT!" lol!

Yes, Mehul (usually through mods) was happy to work with clan leaders to help them out cheaters, and regularly privately provided things like IP information to clan leaders to help them in that process. JOLT did the same. I have personally seen people be exonerated from cheating accusations by both.

I agree that the admins are doing an excellent job - I don't agree with not working with LaE heads to determine the exact nature of the problem though.

Don't hate DM - he really can't help it. That's why they make them guys wear helmets in the first place.

Edited By: NOW3P on May 6th 2010, 16:36:13

Some Guy

May 6th 2010, 16:39:10

Originally posted by Dark Morbid:
The point of this thread was not to point out we were deleted, we are aware of that already. If you would like to talk about that topic still, their are other threads pertaining to that discussion.

If you read the topic title and content of the message body, you will see a different subject being addressed here.

K.Thx.Bye.

Smoke and mirrors.

All of this translates to:

to self - "oh fluff, we fked up and people know it now..."

"LOOK OVER HERE!!!!"

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

"Yes officer, I was speeding...but but but why you didn't catch the car that was speeding in front of me?" (I think the hacking story is total BS by the way)

Thread fail.

Edited By: Some Guy on May 6th 2010, 16:42:03

mrford Game profile

May 6th 2010, 16:59:18

the hacking story is not BS. and the hacking did not stem from the EE site

untill the admins take this point seriously, there is no point arguing this on FFAT
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Dark Morbid

May 6th 2010, 17:00:17

Originally posted by mrford:
the hacking story is not BS. and the hacking did not stem from the EE site

untill the admins take this point seriously, there is no point arguing this on FFAT

</end>
they day you make it pay to play the player base will drop like a vanilla ice album

Some Guy

May 6th 2010, 17:02:54

How wonderful. Take your deletions and learn from it. -> Cheaters lose.

Best thing I've read today

Edited By: Some Guy on May 6th 2010, 17:03:19

May 6th 2010, 17:07:40

Kinda like IMP did.. notice when IMP who had a membership of like 4 real people lost like 60 countries of there 100 some or what ever noone from IMP said boo.. that is the way to take deletions... when you are guilty...

the fact you are hearing about LAE tells me either all or some of the deleted folks aren't guilty.

Just saying.

Edited By: Billyjoe of UCF on May 6th 2010, 17:07:57

llaar Game profile

May 6th 2010, 17:09:10

you think the hacking story is BS? there are logs of IP's logging into my account on legendsatearth.com that are not me

one of the IPs traces back to a CGI web proxy on a domain owned by Venture Fox Ltd who got their hosting from HostGator. The server used to access my account is at a datacenter operated by The Planet, located in Houston, Texas.

do not tell me that i do not know what i'm talking about.

Edited By: llaar on May 6th 2010, 17:19:32

May 6th 2010, 17:13:17

Originally posted by llaar:
you think the hacking story is BS? there are logs of IP's logging into my account on legendsatearth.com that are not me

one of the IPs traces back to a CGI web proxy on a domain owned by SPOT DOMAIN LLC who got their hosting from HostGator. The server used to access my account is at a datacenter operated by The Planet, located in Houston, Texas.

do not tell me that i do not know what i'm talking about.

OMG llaar how do you know so much about it!.. BECAUSE ITS YOUR PROXY (sarcasm go!)

Dark Morbid

May 6th 2010, 17:14:23

Well, according to the other 13 threads, it's mine BJ, get your facts straight there buddy! :P

Some Guy

May 6th 2010, 17:15:14

So lets get it straight before it gets twisted again.

Primmey, or someone else?, hacked LaE site, accessed your account by (hacking again I guess) potentially by also hacking your boxcar site, somehow managed to get all of your ingame passwords and logged into them himself.

How did he get the passwords, we ask? He looked up your LaE passwords and randomly tried all of your logins ingame on the offchance that they matched up.

And even though the admins say this didn't happen and they have other evidence that multiple logins were used at similar IPs, they are lying and you are right.

Just trying to understand the whole thing here.

Was the Loch Ness monster involved in anyway? Did you forget to pay him $3.50 and he's angry at you?

Edited By: Some Guy on May 6th 2010, 17:17:15

llaar Game profile

May 6th 2010, 17:22:50

I have only stated that someone hacked into my account

my account

that is what this thread is about

the admins have been approached by whoever did hack my account, and have not banned this person or let us know who is was

i cannot believe the moderators of this game are condoning hacking

i'm sure if this hacker got into pangea's account, something much different would have happened to the hacker. and that is not right.

this shouldn't even be a discussion, its appalling

NukEvil Game profile

May 6th 2010, 17:23:18

If hacking did actually take place, whoever did it wouldn't have been able to get any passwords from the BoxCar site, without those passwords being posted in plain-text somewhere (i.e., a file or a message board). Because I'm pretty sure BoxCar encrypts passwords of user accounts in their db with a 1-way hash algorithm. Which means that even if someone were to gain access to the backend, that someone would only see a bunch of gobbledygook in the password column for each account.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

llaar Game profile

May 6th 2010, 17:27:01

ummm i said nothing about boxcar

Edited By: llaar on May 6th 2010, 17:31:46

May 6th 2010, 17:27:03

Basically one of the issues that muddy this up is to set up peoples access DM asked people to send him an insite (BC) message with their desired user/pass because the application process wasn't complete.

I'm pretty sure although DM deleted the requests he recieved the sender didn't delete their sent message. So when someone got into the boxcar site they were able to see all the sent mails one way or another. then logged into them one after another etc.

I was ok because (A) i don't use the same login/pw for game and site and (B) i set my account up with DM via aim... So I think alot of people that did nothing wrong but had a weak user/password. just got cut out of this set...

If this thing stays at a stalemate until the end of the set which I'm assuming it will. I hope that they return and I guess set up a brandnew account or what ever so next set the admins don't go through last sets detail and ban them again for the same thing.

llaar Game profile

May 6th 2010, 17:30:09

i have no idea how the person hacked in.

the fact is that someone did.

and the mods seem to be protecting that person!

tell us who did it

and

blacklist that person from the game

NukEvil Game profile

May 6th 2010, 17:32:16

quote]

ummm i said nothing about boxcar

I know. But people kept throwing around BoxCar as being hacked, so I figured I'd mention the fact that getting account info (specifically, passwords) from BC would be impossible.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

May 6th 2010, 17:34:20

If you read my post it will show you how some users/pw would be obtained...

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 6th 2010, 17:35:05

If someone anonymously sends us information, that person is probably either a whistleblower or a hacker. It is impossible for us to tell which.

If there is proof that a hacker did this and the hacker has an ingame or forum account, then the admins will look into ways of punishing the user. If you'd like to see something done about this, send us an email with the evidence that you have. Posting on FFAT will accomplish nothing.

May 6th 2010, 17:36:43

I was told all of this stuff has been emailed to mods or discussed via aim, ip's and all. I'm guessing that isn't the case?

NukEvil Game profile

May 6th 2010, 17:37:41

Originally posted by Billyjoe of UCF:
Basically one of the issues that muddy this up is to set up peoples access DM asked people to send him an insite (BC) message with their desired user/pass because the application process wasn't complete.

I'm pretty sure although DM deleted the requests he recieved the sender didn't delete their sent message. So when someone got into the boxcar site they were able to see all the sent mails one way or another. then logged into them one after another etc.

Before I go any further, I need to tell everyone that I am NOT an admin for BoxCar, nor have I ever been an admin for BoxCar, nor have I seen BoxCar's database. I just know that BoxCar's basic setup is very similar to qzGT, of which I am an admin. Now:

If someone got into the BC site, he/she would have only been able to see sent e-mails from the account he/she supposedly hacked into--the hacker wouldn't have been able to see everyone's sent insite messages.

Edited By: NukEvil on May 6th 2010, 17:38:35

Rico Game profile

May 6th 2010, 17:39:38

Originally posted by Billyjoe of UCF:

What I'm seeing is people willingly giving their in-game passwords to a guy being accused of using proxies to log into multiple accounts. And there is in game evidence DM has logged into multiple accounts.

mrford Game profile

May 6th 2010, 17:41:34

WHAT evidence? everything you have posted in that other thread is purely circumstantial, and has no factual basis
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

May 6th 2010, 17:42:23

Yeah Once he got an admin log-in that was for our new account. I believe the user/pws may of been gotten from there.

So illar = top leader old site and new.. guessing same password.

boxcar Illar = hacked into.
Sent folder = user pass for new site.

Log into new site = database or list or what ever of members user/pw (probably due to the site not being completely done and polished)

From there take said list and go try each user/pw in EE if it works in like flynn if not then so be it.

to my knowledge this is how it may of panned out I could be off a detail or two. Illar + DM could probably tell more.

llaar Game profile

May 6th 2010, 17:43:11

well i gave it a day of no posting to see what would come of this stuff, cause i was pretty pissed yesterday, so this is me calmer.

this is the first i've read that you were anonymously sent information

so you have no idea where you got your information from?

just some random email was sent?

May 6th 2010, 17:44:07

Rico wrong again my dimwitted friend... They aren't ingame log ins...

They were new site log ins (which because the person sucks at secruity) they just happened to be the same as their ingame log in.

If there is no application process how else does the admin create member accounts?

llaar Game profile

May 6th 2010, 17:45:52

no it wasn't the same password. my passwords to every single clan, and game and email etc etc are ALL UNIQUE

and its LLAAR. i dont know why people keep typing i's in my nickname..

llaar Game profile

May 6th 2010, 17:46:45

if someone had access to messages in boxcar though, i most likely have a message of my legendsatearth login

Rico Game profile

May 6th 2010, 17:53:31

dimwitted? Nice dude. Classy.

Anyway, the admins do have more evidence that DM was using proxies to log into multiple accounts but I don't believe they want this evidence to be known. But he was caught red handed.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 6th 2010, 17:57:51

"I was told all of this stuff has been emailed to mods or discussed via aim, ip's and all. I'm guessing that isn't the case? "

All I know is that no emails have been sent and I haven't been told anything personally.

May 6th 2010, 17:59:33

Just curious if the mods don't want to release evidence how do you and IMP seem to know so much about it?

And yes you are constantly acting stupid. Why would I announce sharing of ingame log ins... or mailing of them even if thats what was going down... It just makes sense I was obviously talking about insite log ins. Which to my knowledge while not smart isn't a problem.

thanks!

joe2 Game profile

May 6th 2010, 17:59:39

if they dont want it to be known how would you know it?

mrford Game profile

May 6th 2010, 18:00:35

we know that llaars account was hacked, and we know its the same IP that logged into all the countries that were deleted

now why the mods havnt mentioned this, i dont know. ither than maybe hes a informant or something. either way, you are doing more to hurt the reputation of LaE and the game by not telling the entire story as you know it, than you are by keeping it secret

just post everything you know already, and this can be cleared up in a respectable debate
Swagger of a Chupacabra

May 6th 2010, 18:06:13

We need to email what we know... please to

thanks!

NukEvil Game profile

May 6th 2010, 18:07:07

Why e-mail it when it's already all posted here?

May 6th 2010, 18:08:22

because you guys have said you don't care whats posted here (sarcasm)

mrford Game profile

May 6th 2010, 18:09:54

i want everything YOU know admins, not this "we cant give that information out" bullfluff

i have my theory on what happened, and id really like to know what "really" happened

and i know it didnt involve account sharing
Swagger of a Chupacabra

raz Game profile

EE Patron

May 6th 2010, 18:15:25

I find it hard to believe the admins the ones that created and growing the game are protecting a hacker someone that could hurt the growth, i think some (not all) players have been caught and exposed and these players are embarrassed bc they had a certain status and are being percieved as cheaters (probably how they got that status).

I see no benefit for admins to protect any hackers.
Originally posted by The_Hawk:
You win this round. I concede.

raz Game profile

EE Patron

May 6th 2010, 18:16:44

what is the motive? none

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 6th 2010, 18:20:23

I don't necessarily care about things that are posted here because everything said here is for political reasons. I also don't read every single post on FFAT.

The admins discussed the issue of what information to release in detail. We determined that our responsibilities are to delete cheaters and to protect the integrity of the game. We are willing to work with lae leaders to investigate the hacking issue fully. That falls under the umbrella of protecting the integrity of the game. However, we are very hesitant to release information of what went on in players accounts, except to the players who own those accounts. So far, we have only received one email from a player, and he didn't use the correct email or state his username so we've been unable to help him.

I could post the complete set of evidence that led to the deletions in ffa and alliance. However, what would be the point of this? It would cause political damage to certain alliances and could quite possibly limit the ways we have of catching cheaters. It's not our job to make political attacks against other alliances. As far as I can tell, we'd be doing a lot more damage than good.

I will offer you guys this: if the president of LaE asks me to post the information we have on this board, I will. I don't actually know who that is offhand, so someone will have to verify his identity.

raz Game profile

EE Patron

May 6th 2010, 18:23:43

interesting...

May 6th 2010, 18:26:41

It's iceman and if you are willing to post it here why does it seem you aren't willing to give him or anyone else the information in private or what ever.

You claim if he tells you to post it you will but I believe he or DM have asked for it repeatly and haven't gotten anything.

And this isn't about FFAT politics?