Verified:

Popcom Game profile

May 13th 2010, 16:02:14

so, cheating and FFA...they go hand in hand. there has always been clans cheating, and there always will be. Every game on earth has people trying to be "better" then everyone else by unfair means.
so how about this for an idea to level the field of play..

Limit clan size to say, 375 tagged countrys.
Even if its a temporary rule while more word/advertising w/e, gets more and more players here.

This would still allow for a fairly large member base. Also, 375 is a decent # for a war, (375 vs 375) so it wouldn't kill the fun of warring.

Obviously the cheaters will still try to cheat. but at least things would be on a more level playing field when x doW y, scenarios come up.

Chosen clans, or rest of the server in general could police wars to make sure multies don't play to big a part, and just let clans duke it out.

Also this would encourage players to come over from other servers to play more then 1 country, without feeling like them and there few friends are sitting ducks with clans sitting at 800 countrys just farm them to death.

Probably a lot of flaws in this idea, but it may get the ball rolling on something that works well for FFA.

flame on :)

1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

snawdog Game profile

May 13th 2010, 16:07:12

This idea is good and not unprecedented,many games have a max cap on clan members..
ICQ 364553524
msn

NukEvil Game profile

May 13th 2010, 16:10:07

I only see one problem right off the top of my head.

What's to stop players from making two or more different clan tags, and then having each tag protect the other? Kinda like what's happening on Team server on a massive scale...

Edited By: NukEvil on May 13th 2010, 16:10:32
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Thunder Game profile

May 13th 2010, 16:14:40

Why not make it 450 countries with 30 members.?

Yep, we have 3 tags that will protect each other for kill runs. But, for retaling, each tag is on thier own :) Lords 1, 2, and 3

Edited By: Thunder on May 13th 2010, 16:15:59
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Popcom Game profile

May 13th 2010, 16:19:01

Originally posted by Popcom:

Chosen clans, or rest of the server in general could police wars to make sure multies don't play to big a part, and just let clans duke it out.

This is kind of what i meant to address from his part.

lets say for example, LaE has 3 tags. lae1 lae2 lae3. but another clan wants to war. lets say AoDT.

so AoDT DOW on LaE1. 375 vs 375

so lae 2 and lae 3 step in and start hitting aodt.
then, other clans "police" the war. so you then have say, NBK, FoCuS, IMP, ect, kill off LaE2.

kind of like old FFA days when the community in general would more or less keep order in war times

1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

snawdog Game profile

May 13th 2010, 16:24:10

This is kind of what i meant to address from his part.

lets say for example, LaE has 3 tags. lae1 lae2 lae3. but another clan wants to war. lets say AoDT.

so AoDT DOW on LaE1. 375 vs 375

so lae 2 and lae 3 step in and start hitting aodt.
then, other clans "police" the war. so you then have say, NBK, FoCuS, IMP, ect, kill off LaE2.

kind of like old FFA days when the community in general would more or less keep order in war times

/me likes the idea and it could be policed well enuff i think.
ICQ 364553524
msn

raz Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2010, 16:27:04

Morons like the ones in Team server will ruin it, its funny how its always the same idiots...ironic aint it?!?

Lifer's will always find ways to manipulate this game, just a bunch of geeks and there keyboards you just need to learn to play with them
Originally posted by The_Hawk:
You win this round. I concede.

NukEvil Game profile

May 13th 2010, 16:52:45

Nah, kinda doubt that other players will want to police to keep clans from using multiple tags to gang up on another alliance...if that does happen, then whoever polices would get hammered by those who are being policed.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

NOW3P Game profile

May 13th 2010, 17:00:28

I think if the mods get into telling people where they can and can't play based on an arbitrary capacity number, you'll see much fewer people interested in FFA.

Netters like protection from getting harassed so they can do their thing in peace. I doubt they'll take much interest in a clan server that doesn't offer that for them if they're devout netters.

My other thought on that would be that now that the multies have been deleted in LaE, the big clans are relatively the same sizes. LaE is still a bit bigger, but not out of reach of the others - I think that alone will even the server quite a bit next set.

Walding Game profile

May 13th 2010, 17:50:09

That is not a way to stop cheating. If the cheater wanted, he would run his tag and tag all others in other clans. Then no need for extra tags plus he limits other clans because some of their 350 are not really part of their 350.

Desperado Game profile

May 13th 2010, 23:24:55

well, as far as the sub tag idea goes, that wouldn't really work as far as policing goes because they are considered the same group, so if aodt declared on lae1, they would be foolish to think lae2, 3 and 4 wouldn't get involved.

Also, as far as what went on in the ffa community as far as keep wars fair, never really happened. in fact... ever hear of tc?

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler