my bet is on SOL:)

Junky Game profile

Oct 16th 2010, 21:48:33

sol is ranked too high
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 16th 2010, 22:33:47

before mods wipe off whole sof-tag? :P
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

SolidSnake Game profile

Oct 16th 2010, 22:41:52

people give sol too much credit for last set, they still suck meh

Junky Game profile

Oct 16th 2010, 22:42:28

Marshal is Ranked too high

anubis0079 Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 8:26:14

same old song " sol only won 1 set blah blah blah" we win some we lose some but saying we suck is just blowing smoke. Why do we suck, what is your reasoning? Can you prove said suckage on a flow chart? Is it really relevant what your opinion is? If we suck then why are you hating? Because everyone knows that a hater is just jealous of what they cannot be. So in that regard thanks for the compliment SolidSnake. Hate on us, that way we know we are doing things right. :P

SoL Rules. No matter what the opinion of the masses may be.

SoLer for Life
"All Hail The Maki!"
Have a heart.....they are really fresh.

ponderer Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 12:09:36

my bet would be on whoever gets the fs.
m0m0rific

Angel1 Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 12:32:10

Confirmed, SoL does not suck. SoL vs SoF would be fun to watch.
-Angel1

crazyserb Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 15:56:02

yup the numbers are so even im sure it would be a nice war
and im gonna say that SOL and SoF are th 2 best fighting alliances out there right now

mrford Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 16:29:07

Make it interesting and fs eachother at the same time.

Even out the FS advantage. I know this has been tried many tes before and usually one alliance goes pissy and hits a few hours early, but if it worked it would be really fun to watch
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Ivan Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 17:01:21

afaik only 1 alliance has ever gone early and they still lost

Murf Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 17:33:12

yea but not before they killed my beautiful country while I was out getting drunk

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 17th 2010, 17:36:00

SoL will FS LaF again, maybe someone else too

SoL is killing this server. I don't know what to do anymore -- there is no obvious political solution, since none of the fighters will fight eachother.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

ponderer Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 17:46:09

Pang: SOL can't FS LaF if LaF FS's them first. Beyond that, a few pacts with netting alliances should protect you against fighting alliances attacking you for the hell of it - no one is going to start a war where they're out numbered 3:1 unless they are mightily provoked.

As an outside observer, I don't see SOL having much reason to seek a war of revenge against LaF, unless LaF does something stupid like trying to enforce their retal policy on an alliance that killed them the previous reset.

I'm new to earth empires, but in my experience playing earth 2025, I never had more than two consecutive netting resets (and that includes time spent netting alliances).
m0m0rific

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 17th 2010, 17:52:58

I expect SoL will hit some other alliances to make it "even numbers"

you talk about not netting more than 2 sets in a row -- when was the last time SoL fought a fighting alliance?
I don't think it was on EE

like I said numerous times, until the fighting alliances fight other fighting alliances, this server will continue to suck and we'll continue to hemmorage members

SOL can't even be considered a top alliance until they start doing more than picking on netting clans set after set

Edited By: Pang on Oct 17th 2010, 17:58:47
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

ponderer Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 18:01:10

Defensive pact up a few alliances - say LaF, EvO, Omega, LCN, and the New Monsters. Set a threshold for provocation - maybe retal policy disputes aren't enough to trigger the DP, but anything beyond that is. You would have about 200 countries, which would deterrent for the SOLs of the server from hitting you without reason. One of two things would happen - SOL would hit the other mid-ranked alliance, a few at a time, or build a coalition out of them. If they make a coalition, then we'd be back to the days of server wars, with a clear good guy and bad guy side to make things fun.

Since this is only my second reset playing EE, and I hadn't played 2025 since 2003, I'm not able to answer your question. But I remember SOL being in the thick of the various coalition wars, not ambushing netgainers.

Edited By: ponderer on Oct 17th 2010, 18:03:35
See Original Post
m0m0rific

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 17th 2010, 18:30:33

SoL has been ambushing netters since EE started -- there was a coalition against made against SoL and SoF after the wars started and it was obvious they were going to keep attacking the netters, and all the netters lost members by being tied up in perpetual war

in the end, evo was forced to just stop fighting back and say "you win" to get the wars to stop so they could net.

one war isn't really a big deal, that happens all the time, but when it turns into a pattern that goes on for such a long time (since around 2008) it becomes an issue. I think the last time SoL fought a 'major' fighting alliance, it was the set that IX, SoF and SoL wanted to kill the whole server. Before that, I can't even remember :p

that's not healthy for the community, the server, or the game.

it shouldn't be "well, either we need to build a coalition, since we are unable to net or we need to disband"
it should be fighters leading two sides of coalitions, and bringing netters into the fold to help with the wars...

I am thinking that the change I put in to make war undeclarable on dead countries was a bad idea for the continued viability of the server :(
I really liked it though

Edited By: Pang on Oct 17th 2010, 18:45:44
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Junky Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 18:47:48

Pang, With our Size... there is no even numbers after a FS... even with clans our own size... so be angry... and upset that SoL is ruining this game... if we leave it'll be the next biggest that is Ruining the game.. and if they leave it'll be the next biggest...

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 17th 2010, 18:57:39

What are you talking about junky?

SoF is almost exact same number of members SoL is.
Both are fighting alliances.
Start there, perhaps?
SoL is DP'ed to all the fighting alliances. That is unnatural and hurting the server. That is also my core argument -- that all the fighters being unwilling to fight eachother is hurting the server, and it has a super easy solution which the fighting alliances seem to be unwilling to consider. They just want easy wars where they know there will be no long term consequences.

Also, I never said SoL should leave the game -- just consider their role in this game and community, and understand that the way they play when making their pact/direction decisions.

Edited By: Pang on Oct 17th 2010, 19:01:59
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Marshal Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 19:10:13

top 3 alliances (memberwise) have nearly same amount of members and 4th ain't that far nor 5th.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

anubis0079 Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 19:50:18

I like how we win one war and all of the sudden instead of us getting props like we would give, with the exception of maybe Dagga cause he is Dagga, we get flamed.

SoL is not ruining the game, we have lost wars and we have won wars and the idea that one alliance can ruin the game is laughable.

I was watching the news last set and LaF was grabbing us too. PERHAPS there should be a server in which you can net and not have to worry about other people wanting to keep their lands. I have heard the argument that the FS was unfair because LaF was unprepared, but you still had countries grabbing us and retaling on our retals. Seems to me Pang my good sir, that we were not picking on anyone as much as defending our right to have our own policies.

The truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth is that SoL got stomped the set before got determined and did not take crap the next set. If another warring clan wanted to treat us the same i am sure we would oblige the fight with as well.

SoL are not villains. We just provoke your jealousy. :)

SoLer for Life
"All Hail The Maki!"

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 20:13:14

Heh, that's not what SOL has been doing since last year. Sure, you finally were able to FS and defeat a larger alliance, but everyone else saw right through SOL's spin ("Hey, they were bigger than us, so we should get props, lulululu"), and correctly interpreted it as "Oh, look, SOL's just blindsided yet another netting alliance".

Seriously, all this crap should have ended when Earth:2025 was shut down. For those of you who weren't here when that happened, here's a small summary of what happened then:

1) 2 resets before EOE:2025: SOL blindsides Evo 2 weeks before EOS for no reason (This isn't really when SOL/SoF began attacking netters out of the blue, but I'm too lazy to look up exactly when it started).

2) Last reset of Earth:2025: Evo, NA, ICN, Collab, and Regen sack up and crush SoF, SOL, Rage, TIE, and ZT. Forever.

And that should have been the end of it. But, SOL and SoF just had to bring their grudges to the new server and continue their war of attrition on the netters, until most of the netters in their alliances had been driven out of the game. Some of the war alliances also no longer exist, or are no longer relevant, probably due to how bad they got crushed.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 17th 2010, 20:13:49

Pang has been complaining about this since long before last reset.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 17th 2010, 20:15:59

umm

I'm not talking about who wins wars -- the netters did VERY well against SoL at the start of the server, and omega+lcn did well the set before last. As always, one set does not make a pattern.
I'm also not talking about SoL's fighting prowess (I praised it last set... sorry if I you didn't see it.)

What I'm talking about is how fighters, namely SoL, have generally stopped fighting eachother and instead just pact eachother -- rotating which netters are open to hit :p

SoL doesn't even consider pacting most netters, but set-after-set SoL's pact list is full of fighting alliances, with netting alliances generally being pacted after it has been decided that they are not being hit that set. THAT is the problem I am citing.

To think that this is only a LaF vs SoL thing just shows your own one-track mind, anubis. I've been preaching this since the 2nd set of the Evo-based netter vs fighter wars. And I predicted it before that... as h4 said, this is something I've been preaching about for quite some time.

Edited By: Pang on Oct 17th 2010, 20:38:30
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 17th 2010, 20:18:23

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Heh, that's not what SOL has been doing since last year. Sure, you finally were able to FS and defeat a larger alliance, but everyone else saw right through SOL's spin ("Hey, they were bigger than us, so we should get props, lulululu"), and correctly interpreted it as "Oh, look, SOL's just blindsided yet another netting alliance".

Seriously, all this crap should have ended when Earth:2025 was shut down. For those of you who weren't here when that happened, here's a small summary of what happened then:

1) 2 resets before EOE:2025: SOL blindsides Evo 2 weeks before EOS for no reason (This isn't really when SOL/SoF began attacking netters out of the blue, but I'm too lazy to look up exactly when it started).

2) Last reset of Earth:2025: Evo, NA, ICN, Collab, and Regen sack up and crush SoF, SOL, Rage, TIE, and ZT. Forever.

And that should have been the end of it. But, SOL and SoF just had to bring their grudges to the new server and continue their war of attrition on the netters, until most of the netters in their alliances had been driven out of the game. Some of the war alliances also no longer exist, or are no longer relevant, probably due to how bad they got crushed.

I usually hate agreeing with Nukevil about political stuff, but that's a very good summary.

I guess I have been preaching this since the start of EE, based on Nuk's timeline :p

Edited By: Pang on Oct 17th 2010, 20:22:24
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Scorba Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 20:56:38

It's easy to blame Sol and SoF but the fact is that most alliances brought over their allegiances and their issues into the new game without any change of pace.

BobbyATA Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 20:59:56

didn't SoL war LaF over ingame issues last set? Also isn't LaF considered a fighting as well as netting alliance? Just saying...

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 17th 2010, 21:00:10

Originally posted by Scorba:
It's easy to blame Sol and SoF but the fact is that most alliances brought over their allegiances and their issues into the new game without any change of pace.

Who else brought over issues?

I don't believe that any netting alliances did, to my knowledge.

Edited By: Pang on Oct 17th 2010, 21:02:28
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 17th 2010, 21:06:13

Yes LaF and SOL fought over an issue last reset.

No, LaF doesn't consider itself both a fighting and netting alliance.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Oct 17th 2010, 21:07:15

Pang forgets that SOL warred them because SOL doesnt like LAF's FR policy =P

it is the first legit reason for a war in a while actually.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

BobbyATA Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 21:10:36

after your performance last set thats probably a good thing H4=)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 17th 2010, 21:16:03

Pang isn't talking about last set

Pang is talking about the last year.

come on people -- stop trying to spin this

how many fighting alliances does SoL have open to hit right now over 5 members?
My guess is at most 1, but likely 0.

-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

locket Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 21:22:26

If Sol hits laf again its a joke. I'm sure your e-penis grew enough last set after beating a netter, wtf would be the purpose of doing it again. As others have said, find a fighting alliance to cause fluff with.

de1i Game profile

Oct 17th 2010, 23:13:50

Funk soul brother

Junky Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 1:15:57

I'm wondering what the differnce is between netting and warring... tbh a netting alliance would, and should have the capabilities to war.. you got your jetting breakers... and you should have a capable Defence to keep people from getting a break on one of thier retals.. the cash flow to buy said military to break the high military countries..

also I'm talking about FS's.. if we hit any clan, there will most definantly be a size advantage.. hell any clan with close to the same membership stat that FS's another of the same said membership, will always hold the country advantage.. you can bring in the "CS" but a fs will pretty much determine who will win..

unless you get the random 10 memeber alliances that FS'd LaF and other random Netter alliance from "last year" tbh, I think that the rules made by netter alliances towards 10member... even clans half there size that tried to play.. have done more damage then any war alliance could ever have done.

every allance playing now, has done something that could be concidered bad.... please don't point fingers.. because every clan here can be put at fault for the down turn of this game... I'm not even sure anyone new plays this game anymore... and if they are, I'm sure the Farming of thier country is making them leave just as fast as they join.

just my opinion.

locket Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 1:29:23

the first half of your post was almost unintelligible to me.

So I shall ignore it and simply point out a few facts. Sol warred evo for a year or so straight despite them having the desire to net almost every reset. They lost 30-40 members because of this.

Sol is allied to all of the warring clans. So anyone that would enjoy fighting them they are kissing their butts so they can have their "fun" ruining what others want to do over and over. Sol has not fought a warring alliance for quite some time.

Laf evo omega etc are not warring alliances and in general do not enjoy war more then once every 2-4 sets. There are exceptions to this but meh. So why would sol setup a political climate that the only people they can war are the netters unless they are simply out to ruin the playing experience for others?

anubis0079 Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 2:11:12

i would like to state unequivocally that i really do not car who we war. And it takes two to tango. Why is it just SoL and not anyone else that is pacted with us? They are pacted to us so we cant hit them as well. I would personally love to take on an alliance that is our equal, but once again i dont make policy i follow it.

Maybe one day if i ever run an alliance i willl do things like attack war alliances but for now any fluff to be said about who we war with is higher up the food chain then our average member. We like warring and we like to have people to war with, i am sure that it is hard to keep wars going so that is the leaderships gig.

My issue is with the repeated singling out of SoL as a scapegoat. We are being portrayed as bullies to the poor tree-huggers. Here is an idea dont grab SoL and you wont get retaled, don't try to impose policy on us that is not ours and we wont go to war. As far as i know any other grudges that are being said we have i am unaware of. We have simply went set to set since the change to EE and this is how it turned out.

Again i am speaking as a member and in no way speak for the leadership of SoL.

SoLer for Life
"All Hail The Maki!"

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2010, 2:32:41

When I first played this game back in 1998/1999 most wars were fought with a reason behind them, and a lot of the times no grudges were held set to set. At least this is the impression I got, keep in mind I was a kid back then :p

archaic Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 3:02:12

Do you guys not get the fact that Pan is not talking about winning/losing - this is not crying about losing last set. Sol rocked it last set, period. Thats beside the point.

The point is, Sol (and the other warring alliances) keep on warring netting alliances and its costing them members and shrinking the game. This is every bit as detrimental as EVO and LaF farming the piss out of smaller/weaker tags and untagged.

Trying to play a 600 player game the same way we played a 10,000 player game is destroying the game. We need to change our ways or there wont be any game left.

Two words:

Gamblers Ruin
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Shinigami Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 5:23:14

If warring alliances won't fight each other, can they really still be called warring alliances?

locket Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 5:36:25

More like blindside alliances I guess?

And anubis the rep sol is getting is pretty comparable to Laf's for netting issues. We arent the only ones, are not always the worst of them but we are the face. Other clans like sof/imag and such are obviously pacted to you too but you guys get the "credit." At least you seem somewhat sensible though. Take over leadership? :P

anubis0079 Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 6:05:49

Just trying to get the more sensible side of SoL a voice.

The truth is that as long as there is land and people to want said land there will be war. As long as there are Netters there will be war mongers, like sheep and wolves. SoL maybe considered a wolf preying on sheep but even a wolf has to eat.

I would hope that our leaders see the political climate and the polarizing effect we have seen can be dealt with. Maybe if war alliances netted more and netting alliances warred more it would be logical but not practical.

Until there is a prize that all covet we will not see the end of this. We need an undisputed title to go after, that way everyone will have to work equally to claim said prize.

SoLer for Life
"All Hail The Maki!"

Thunder Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 6:48:54

changed due to the fact I don't remember posting this in my drunken state I was in at the time. I have privately apologized to Pang for it and am now doing so publically as well. I deserve any of the comments I got. I was being an ass at the time :( My apologies to Pang again.

Edited By: Thunder on Oct 18th 2010, 20:18:00. Reason: PWI
See Original Post
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Bsnake Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 7:01:59

1a's politics has allways been bullfluff.....

it has been worse than watching kindergarden kids fight over the last cupcake....
<bsnake> 68,270,386 turrets whats that in NW??
<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

locket Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 7:51:35

Thunder maybe when your reading comprehension increases you can respond to him. He isn't simply speaking about laf, rather, he talks about all netting alliances and how sol hasn't fought a non-netter in many many sets. Just because he isn't a head in laf dosn't mean he cant have opinions on it. fluff you are delusional.

Man do you want to go take some more of those Sol drugs that make you act like an idiot and spew nonsense out of both ends and expect us to not realize its fluff?

Bsnake Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 8:23:09

"and a lot of the times no grudges were held set to set"

were you playing in this server ROFL.....

<Crippler> 115m NW
<Bsnake> 38 mill NW nub... thanks for your netting advice.. Stick to killing nub

Viceroy Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 8:52:13

I seem to remember that long ago this game used to be promoted as a war game. When did this change?

Re: Pacts - NAPs are made to formally eliminate (or at least minimize) threats to your alliance via diplomatic relations. These threats range from a single land grab all the way up to open warfare. What I see here is SoL signing pacts because they want to avoid open warfare with the highest threat alliances. This is much the same as LaF, who wants to avoid land grabs on their members and signs pacts with the alliances who pose the greatest threat to retal. Both sign pacts with their respective highest threats in spite of the fact that SoL still wants to fight a war and LaF still wants to land grab.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Bsnake Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 8:54:09

wars are always grudge based in this server.... for the most part anyway lol
<Crippler> 115m NW

locket Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 9:01:25

Well if for some reason sol were to hit laf again theyd surely not have a good reason after the spanking we got last set :P

ponderer Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 10:11:33

Originally posted by Requiem:
When I first played this game back in 1998/1999 most wars were fought with a reason behind them, and a lot of the times no grudges were held set to set. At least this is the impression I got, keep in mind I was a kid back then :p

That was the BS we used to spout on AT in fits of self justification. For some, bots where the tools of revenge, but revenge wars weren't uncommon.

The dynamic of the game has changed greatly. What's lost on so many today, is that the great old "fighting alliances" like MD, SoF, and RoCK is that they were pretty good at netgaining too - they could be warring or netgaining alliances at will.

The main difference between then and now is that the majority of alliances are netting shops with no desire to war, and more importantly, we don't have balance among the warring clans. The early netting clans were able to net because the big guys had formed coalitions and were busy fighting each other, and because they existed only in small numbers. That model worked in a game of thousands. In today's game of hundreds, there is nolonger that opposing force. Sure, SoF is big enough now to take on SOL, but no matter how much dislike there was between the two, fighting each other perpetually would get boring in a hurry.
m0m0rific