Verified:

locket Game profile

Jan 20th 2012, 23:18:04

Originally posted by trumper:
Originally posted by locket:
Originally posted by hanlong:
oh bush was plenty of fail also.

clinton was the last non-fail president we had, sucks it's been 12 years since we had anything competent in the white house

meh. Comparing people from very different economic and social times is hard imo. If Obama didn't inherit a country in such a fluff state at the time then perhaps people would think differently :P

I was unaware that anyone could inherit a Presidency. I'm pretty he's elected. And in this situation, he actually ran on the economic calamity to win his election. So this inherited rhetoric is a bunch of bs because everyone knows the economy was sinking as he ran and he campaigned on it. But he also made unrealistic promises to win an election and should be held accountable given the facts as people see them.

I just scoff at the notion that someone could inherit a problem that they used to campaign on. You run to change things. Not to b-tch about them. If he wants to keep complaining then I'm sure CNN could free up some space.

lol alright then. Fox news :D

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 21st 2012, 1:51:40

in·her·it   /ɪnˈhɛrɪt/ Show Spelled[in-her-it] Show IPA
verb (used with object)
1. to take or receive (property, a right, a title, etc.) by succession or will, as an heir: to inherit the family business.
2. to receive as if by succession from predecessors: the problems the new government inherited from its predecessors.

I'm sorry Trumper, but Obama did in fact inherit the bad economy from W. Bush.

Your other points regarding his full awareness of the issue befor taking office, campaigning on those very issues etc. are perfectly valid, but it doesn't change the fact that the problem was inherited.

Deerhunter Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 3:06:17

You are right H4. However, if your car has a flat tire, you repair it, you do not pour gas on it and set it on fire. Obama has taken a bad situation than needed fixing and has thrown C4 on it and lit the fuse. God help America undo and fix all the damage Obama has caused (and Bush too).
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

sigma Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 3:24:21

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
You are right H4. However, if your car has a flat tire, you repair it, you do not pour gas on it and set it on fire. Obama has taken a bad situation than needed fixing and has thrown C4 on it and lit the fuse. God help America undo and fix all the damage Obama has caused (and Bush too).

I would hardly call the recession beginning at the end of 2007 a flat tire. Its more like a car that was totalled.

Hanlong: It is arguable that Clinton is partly to blame for these economic times by repealing the glass-steagall act.