dagga Game profile

Sep 6th 2010, 3:42:31

Thought you guys were good?

Discuss.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

de1i Game profile

Sep 6th 2010, 3:49:22

Their ability to play this game has declined about as much as your trolling has.

locket Game profile

Sep 6th 2010, 7:14:11

lol deli. Neither of you are doing well in this thread

dagga Game profile

Sep 6th 2010, 7:42:07

de1i has been extremely quiet this reset.

Discuss.
signatures are stupid.

Revolver Game profile

Sep 6th 2010, 8:23:35

They are currently putting all their effort into creating a super player into my newborn son. They don't give a damn about the war right now.

Hobo Game profile

Sep 6th 2010, 8:53:23

Guess all those illegitimate body touching got them a good spankin

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Sep 6th 2010, 9:05:51

They kept reading your horrible posting... dude I thought I was bad at posting.

KriSatZ Game profile

Sep 6th 2010, 14:30:00

I think you should actually give SoL some credit. They have done exceptionally well this set in my opinion. Especially their big guys.
Success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.

LaFamiglia - zKriSatZwpn - LaFamiglia

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 6th 2010, 14:35:59

SoL did do good. Even if LaF wasn't prepared for war, that's their own fault, they were still out numbered against a very active alliance.

LaF was over due for a good ass kicking, but this won't be the last time they fight a war! They will be back and will also kick some fluff.

SolidSnake Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 1:00:07

I dont think sol deserves any credit, laf just deserve to be slated for being fluff this set.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 7th 2010, 1:05:12

Why not SS? I mean sportsmanship would say that you should, but whatever floats your boat. No matter what you say: You lost. And it was your fault. At the end of the day that's all that matters so long as it wasn't due to cheating etc... SoL rolled a clan with 20 more members that's something they should receive credit for, and again before you say "LaF wasn't war ready" that's your fault/ problem not SoL's.

+ Credit to SoL

BobbyATA Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 1:06:31

lol LaF hasn't lost yet. That doesn't mean their performance to date hasn't been awful tho... (it has)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 7th 2010, 1:08:04

Well when looking at the scores list it looks that way ;)

BobbyATA Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 1:16:00

20 more members will make quite a difference with a month left in the set. I think this war could be really interesting actually and stay competitive all set...

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 7th 2010, 1:17:01

Hope so! Deff need an entertaining war to watch.

BobbyATA Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 1:18:34

I agree. There hasn't been a competitive 1v1 war (no offense Ely) in quite some time I believe. ICN vs SOF also had potential to be a good war before Imag ...

dagga Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 1:21:37

To be honest, not too many people in SOL thought the war would look like this right now. I think we went into this realising that our chances of tagkilling LaF were small and it was more about making a statement about their self-serving policies.

Does their arrogance preclude them from making policy changes that might keep them out of the sights of war alliances in future? Maybe. Maybe not. The way they have been stomped by an alliance with 60% of the members this reset probably means that they need a serious rethink of how they approach the game.

You can't have your military-thin/land-fat Reps/Theos if you want to be a bunch of assholes. Perhaps a leaf out of MONSTERS book is in order.
signatures are stupid.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Sep 7th 2010, 1:30:21

Originally posted by dagga:
To be honest, not too many people in SOL thought the war would look like this right now. I think we went into this realising that our chances of tagkilling LaF were small and it was more about making a statement about their self-serving policies.

Does their arrogance preclude them from making policy changes that might keep them out of the sights of war alliances in future? Maybe. Maybe not. The way they have been stomped by an alliance with 60% of the members this reset probably means that they need a serious rethink of how they approach the game.

You can't have your military-thin/land-fat Reps/Theos if you want to be a bunch of assholes. Perhaps a leaf out of MONSTERS book is in order.

Umm one bad set isn't the demise of an alliance nor will it cause them to change their policies. I don't think SOL's performance last set really caused any change to the way they approach politics, just to the way they conduct war.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

dagga Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 1:45:01

Demise? Read the post idiot.

The premise of what I was saying for s l o w people:

LaF's policies are at odds with a lot of alliances. They are seen as bullies. They also are arrogant enough to run crap war countries while being bullies. Bad idea.
signatures are stupid.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 7th 2010, 2:33:07

this thread is dumb...

if you think a single set defines an alliance, whether that set be especially good or bad, then you are even more clueless than I thought.

There are so many things that change from set to set...

I will say that this has awoken many folks in LaF to many things... and one of those is that SoL isn't the friend that we thought they were. Your continued posts, which are a reflection of SoL, show that.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

dagga Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 2:34:57

Always someone elses fault Pang.

Time for a reality/attitude check.
signatures are stupid.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 7th 2010, 2:40:46

hmm?

who else's fault is it? I made no mention of that in my post, so I don't know where you're getting that from...

like I said, this thread is stupid... you can't define an alliance, like you are attempting to do, by any single reset... if you do... let's define SoL by last set and see how they do! :p

Like I've said numerous times on numerous threads (including the post I made before this one) is that it's a wake up call to LaF leaders for sure.... I've noted a sense of complicity in a lot of leaders and members, and this has reminded them that we need to keep our foot on the gas and not just float along and net it out...

you're just giving SoL another black eye... do your talking in-game

Edited By: Pang on Sep 7th 2010, 2:46:03
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 7th 2010, 2:59:05

Originally posted by Pang:
this thread is dumb...

if you think a single set defines an alliance, whether that set be especially good or bad, then you are even more clueless than I thought.

There are so many things that change from set to set...

I will say that this has awoken many folks in LaF to many things... and one of those is that SoL isn't the friend that we thought they were. Your continued posts, which are a reflection of SoL, show that.

Who said we are defining anyone by this one set? We are talking about the current state of affairs and that is what is relevant at this point in time however at no time did I ever make judgments about anyone overall. I think most reasonable people know that one individual set does not define an alliance however talking about this set is relevant for this set. I believe if you read my other posts you can see that however I'm sure you didn't read all threads as I almost never do :)

Don't get in a ruffle pang'y we all know LaF will bounce back strong ;) Unless this is the start of a trend, which only time will tell.

Again no judgments overall; just in context to this set which is relevant at this time.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 7th 2010, 3:29:08

mmm I read this thread as more of a laf-bashing thread, rather than a "statement on the current political state" regardless of what you feel the intention was. My statement still stands regardless of the thread's intention... no one set defines an alliance, be it good or bad.

I always welcome the political state debates but this is, unfortunately, not that type of debate. Dagga isn't capable of starting such a debate, he's only really here to spread the hate and that is rather unfortunate.

As for LaF -> I'm not at all worried about LaF... with this war, so many people have come back and stepped up again. It's great to see so many old faces in the site :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 7th 2010, 3:46:08

I can only speak for myself... As for dagga I don't know him or care really. Nothing I've said is invalid or said to spread any hate. I do agree with you and my previous posts show that.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 7th 2010, 3:56:08

Well, my initial response wasn't really directed at you, Requiem... it was just made in general about the way this thread was created/has evolved.

This is not at all a constructive thread, nor was it meant to be. It's fine, but let's call a spade a spade...

Edited By: Pang on Sep 7th 2010, 3:59:00
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

locket Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 4:32:54

Pang, with dagga I would simply ignore the issues :P Req, I dont think anyone was commenting towards you other than SS and hes just grumpypants. :P

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 7th 2010, 4:36:29

Originally posted by locket:
Pang, with dagga I would simply ignore the issues :P Req, I dont think anyone was commenting towards you other than SS and hes just grumpypants. :P

agreed

SS was always grumpy :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

dagga Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 6:55:03

It's easier to pass this off as a trolling thread isn't it Pang..

Fact still remain:

- Laf thinks its the big boy on the block and enforces selfish & stupid land policies
- Laf thinks it is tough enough to enforce them
- Laf got taught a valuable lesson by a much smaller alliance

Will LaF rethink their policies if they can't defend them?

Edited By: Pang on Sep 7th 2010, 13:44:37. Reason: homophobic content
See Original Post
signatures are stupid.

Thomas Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 7:07:07

Originally posted by dagga:
It's easier to pass this off as a trolling thread isn't it Pangayer..

Fact still remain:

- Laf thinks its the big boy on the block and enforces selfish & stupid land policies
- Laf thinks it is tough enough to enforce them
- Laf got taught a valuable lesson by a much smaller alliance

Will LaF rethink their policies if they can't defend them?

We both know they'll be coming hard after you guys next set. I'm sure they're spending more energy planning your demise next set than they are in this current war.

If you can handle a LaF FS and still win, then that will change things.

LaFinglolrik Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 7:22:43

lol its like 25 boring days left of the set :D. Have fun SoL.

Sep 7th 2010, 7:34:15

dagga Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 8:00:41

If they feel they need to FS a smaller alliance to get their revenge then it could turn into a big war - sounds like fun for us.

How many resets do you think the 40-50% pure netters in LaF will hang around?
signatures are stupid.

Sep 7th 2010, 11:43:15

well those 50% your talking about are all old LaF players, i mean maybe 49% of the players are people who have been in laf for like ten years. the rest are people who got sick of every other alliance in the game, and joined our ranks :D. 1% are planted SoL spies.

ZIP Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 12:31:14

Originally posted by LaFinglolrik:
lol its like 25 boring days left of the set :D. Have fun SoL.

lol have fun LAF sitting around for 25 days too.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 7th 2010, 13:43:49

lol

dagga is just making stuff up now

if I was collab (thomas), I'd think long and hard about your alliance with SoL
LaF had an FDP with them for a long time, and this is how it turns out :)
this is how it always turns out for ALL of SoL's allies.... they just hit you, then talk fluff about you, and flame you. So you guys should look forward to that! :)

also, dagga, I've edited your insults on my name again. cut that out, there is asbolutely no need for it. you're beyond juvenile

Edited By: Pang on Sep 7th 2010, 14:16:42
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 7th 2010, 13:47:20

also, the only people talking about "revenge" are the people who started this war and their allies. Just because you want to make this into a long, drawn out, alliance-killing conflict doesn't mean that everyone does.

LaF began the set considering both SoL and Collab to be friends. It looks like neither one is, based on how they've acted this set. That's another mistake LaF made, and certainly one we won't make again. Two former FDP's now working together against you is pretty fluffty.... but it's not the first time SoL has done that to an alliance :p
I think they've done it to almost all their allies in their history.

you guys need to stop making fluff up, seriously. It's getting ridiculous.

Edited By: Pang on Sep 7th 2010, 13:53:13
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

torment Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 13:54:25

omg how dare you dagga!

Only I am allowed to insults at panker the wankers name!

diez Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 13:56:57

watatub!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 7th 2010, 13:58:57

people can make fun of it all you want, but when you start throwing those kind of insults around, they get tossed regardless of who they're directed against :p

that's not unique to neither me nor dagga... dagga just keeps wanting to push the envelope, despite NUMEROUS warnings from multiple mods

if he acted like that against any other player, I'd have already tossed him.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 7th 2010, 14:03:22

there's still no real content in this thread btw
it's just postulating and flufftalking from a few people, and LaFfers dismissing it as just that.

this is one of the most pointless threads I've seen.... I expect dagga to now come back and attempt to attack my credibility yet again and that will probably be the end of the thread.

honestly, other sol leaders, why do you let this goon represent you on the forums? :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 7th 2010, 16:55:04

I thought it was common knowledge of the following things.

dagga - is an idiot
Maki - (Taking one from Ravi's book here) is a POS.

The rest of this is just noise.

Oh and Pang uses his ownership/admin role to further LaF's political power. That usually comes up in these threads.

I think I covered everything.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 7th 2010, 17:17:13

I do code subliminal messages into the game's text.... but they're mainly self serving, not LaF serving

On February 12th, 2011 at 2:45 PM EST, you'll all start singing happy birthday but won't know why
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

kemo Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 17:17:21

there is no spoon
all praised to ra

Thomas Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 17:19:36

if I was collab (thomas), I'd think long and hard about your alliance with SoL
LaF had an FDP with them for a long time, and this is how it turns out :)
this is how it always turns out for ALL of SoL's allies.... they just hit you, then talk fluff about you, and flame you. So you guys should look forward to that! :)

I don't handle all that FA type of stuff. As you can probably tell, it usually turns into me getting pissed off and starting a war :P With that being said, if SoL wants to break a pact and war us, no problem. We already beat them once :P

LaF began the set considering both SoL and Collab to be friends. It looks like neither one is, based on how they've acted this set. That's another mistake LaF made, and certainly one we won't make again. Two former FDP's now working together against you is pretty fluffty.... but it's not the first time SoL has done that to an alliance :p
I think they've done it to almost all their allies in their history.

Pang - I'm not sure how we're being grouped into this? I stated the obvious... LaF usually comes back the following set and FSes the tag that FS'd them. And if they can handle a FS from a bigger alliance that has some of the most dedicated and best countries in the game, that they'd garner more respect.

I don't quite get how that can be translated into us working against you? I don't even think we LG'd you guys all set, even before your unexpected war with SoL. If this is about dropping DPs, you guys aren't the only ones we dropped. We also dropped NA and several others as we are trying to encourage landgrabbing on this server again.

/me is puzzled

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 7th 2010, 17:23:00

Pang - I'm not sure how we're being grouped into this? I stated the obvious... LaF usually comes back the following set and FSes the tag that FS'd them. And if they can handle a FS from a bigger alliance that has some of the most dedicated and best countries in the game, that they'd garner more respect.

No we don't. You are just wrong about that....
LaF hasn't done that in as long as I can remember.... we did it to MD, but only after Arsenal said that MD would keep going after LaF. What other choice did LaF have? :p
I re-joined LaF that set. That was also 5 years ago. The VAST majority of LaF's wars on both EC and in EE have been one-time defensive wars, or longer wars where the 2nd set of fighting was instigated by a non-LaF alliance. I can't think of a single time we have gone after someone that hit us, regardless of the outcome of the first war, to get revenge for a war that may not have gone our way. Wow. Why would you say that? :p

However, it has happened to LaF many times (IX, Rival, PDM to name a few) where someone FS's LaF and loses, then comes back for more or LaF FS's someone at the defense of someone else and we get hit again the next set for "retribution"

I'm puzzled as well, but it's only as to why you're making things up. Do you really feel the need to get involved in this type of conversation that doesn't concern you? :p Your involvement in it pulls Collab into it moreso than just being SoL's newest flavour of the week DP

Edited By: Pang on Sep 7th 2010, 17:33:35
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Thomas Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 17:32:54

When my name is being brought into a situation that isn't true, yes I feel the need to get involved in the conversation.

Remember what they say about assumptions Pangy Poo...

locket Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 17:33:20

eh I think hes just making commentary pang :P he def. wasnt anti laf the whole thread :P

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 7th 2010, 17:34:34

well, I'm more concerned about thomas' posts stating that LaF are the kind of alliance who will come back and smack you around the next set, when there is ABSOLUTELY no evidence of that, based on our conduct in the last 5 years. That's something SoL and Collab do... but not something LaF normally does.

Can you substantiate that statement a little more Thomas?
because I feel that your statement is factually incorrect....

I don't know what you're talking about with assumptions.... I'm not assuming anything :p You're the one assuming.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Thomas Game profile

Sep 7th 2010, 17:39:52

Maybe it was my misunderstanding... PDM LG FS'd you guys (when I was there unfortunately). Did you not FS them back the following set as payback? I could have sworn that was the case, but don't have time to actually go back and find the War Dec.