Verified:

Beltshumeltz Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 6:45:52

They are about to win ANW again, and TNW on top of it, thanks to LaF being at war.

2 sets ago they were even with LaF in ANW until the end when they humped ahead of LaF by over 10mil networth in the end.

And last set, in my opinion, they saved LCN's asses and outperformed them in the war vs iMagNum and SOL, saving the day. I don't think it would have gone as well if Omega had been stuck in a war for a while with iMagNum and then SOL had FSed Omega, killing most of them. LCN unlike Omega could not have fought SOL the way Omega did.

Is Omega by far the best pound for pound alliance? Just how far does their skill put them? Could they beat LaF or SOL one on one given an even start? What about Collaboration, LCN (which now has TIE in them) or NA? We know they could beat them all in netgaining at least, except for TNW vs LaF.

Also, wtf happened to NA? They were left in peace but their performance is rather weak this set... llaar needs to recruit more so this game can have at least one 100 members alliance.

*I noticed the "humped" typo above but figured it was appropriate for Omega

locket Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 8:12:39

I would call omega best pound for pound overall. But they wouldnt stand a chance against collab laf or the biggest clans in a war. 28 members is a bit small to war someone who was over 50 members this set... and as for ANW I would say they seem to be showing they are on par with anyone else, perhaps better :P everyone should let omega laf evo net next set and see ;)

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 1st 2010, 9:04:27

Yes, best alliance pound for pound. But the reason they're winning TNW is because LaF and Collab are at war and LCN is in an "integration" set.

But if you want to talk about Omega, Evo's been almost just as good...

Jofel Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 10:50:13

I think the numbers of Omega in the past sets speak for themselves. They are good at netgaining is what I see.

I do think you're giving LCN too little credit. They have 58 members atm and they have decades of experience, both in netgaining and warring. Plus they have Assassin, any alliance that can survive that many sets with Assassin as a member is fantastic!
Overall, I consider LCN on par with Omega. Considering their memberbase, I even think they would win 1:1 vs Omega in a planned war. But both alliances are known for their persistence. Would be an interesting war for sure *hint hint*... :)
Join The Monsters in their struggle for peace, love and understanding:
http://www.boxcarhosting.net

Shinigami Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 19:37:28

I'd try taking your hint there Jofel but Ali is a big meanie that has banned any attempts to have fun!

Havoc Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 20:09:55

Blame Alicia for everything!
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

ponderer Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 20:30:06

the reset's not over yet - EVO's resellers have more land, and they have a very good shot at catching us. Also, having pretty much every other elite netgaining alliance at war except for EVO, LCN, and the New Monsters has been a big boon.

If we were competing for land and market space with the warring alliances, I doubt we would've been able to reach our current ANW level.

Jofel: I tried to get a LCN head to start a fake war with Omega on AT (even got one of our higher ups to go along with it), but apparently Alicia put the fear of god into the LCN head, so he wouldn't do it. We ended up declaring war on my dishes instead, because they looked bored.

Edited By: ponderer on Oct 1st 2010, 20:34:14
See Original Post
m0m0rific

BobbyATA Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 20:31:43

lol I wouldn't count that ANW trophy yet. Also EVO won ANW last set so I'm not sure what win ANW again means? Unless previously winning ANW in any previous set entitles you to say we "won ANW again." which while technically true ...

ponderer Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 20:35:29

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
lol I wouldn't count that ANW trophy yet.

Don't see any Omegans posting on this thread that we won ANW. I think we all agree that the reset isn't over yet.
m0m0rific

BobbyATA Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 20:42:31

beltz said you are about to win ANW and I disagreed. I realize he is not in Omega... that doesn't make the comment "I wouldn't count that ANW trophy yet." any less applicable..

locket Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 21:06:23

So according to your amazing logic bobby, if omega won ANW 55 times in a row, you guys won it last set, and they won this set, they would not have the option of saying we won anw again?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 1st 2010, 21:18:15

The chip on your shoulder is really obvious.

ponderer Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 21:39:09

as per dictionary.com:
–adverb
2. in an additional case or instance; moreover; besides; furthermore.

Omega won ANW 12+ years ago, if memory serves, so that's atleast once. I believe we have won it a time or two since. Therefore, if we hold on, and if EVO doesn't pass us, then under the dictionary.com definition of again we could say "Omega won ANW again."
m0m0rific

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 1st 2010, 22:49:56

This is a weird discussion

both alliances are great netters and I'm sure it'll be close :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

spawn Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 23:10:55

*steal 1 trillion dollars of Evo and Omega stock*
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Shinigami Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 23:51:37

Hey! We won ANW the last time I was here. 3D finished in first as I recall.

See? It's all the good luck I bring!

BobbyATA Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 15:32:59

like I said ponderer, technically you could say you "won again." But so can almost every alliance after the dozens upon dozens of sets of E2025, so it seems strange to say won again, and not really mean "won yet again," which I was trying to point out doesn't seem quite right.

I'm probably being way too pedantic (i think thats the right word) or something haha...doesn't really matter wish I hadn't said anything on this issue haha...

Rufus Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 17:47:56

Well, we won ANW 2 resets ago, last reset we were at war so that doesn't really count and if we win ANW this one technically we win ANW back to back.

That being said it is a very close race. You guys did a great job and from 10 million NW 2 days ago you managed to close the gap to just 2 million and there are still 30 hours to go. It's gonna be a very close race.
I am John Galt.

diez Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 17:52:06

700k anw now, going to be close!

Angel1 Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 21:33:55

As of this post, Evo has taken a nearly $3m average NW lead.
-Angel1

jakeb Game profile

Oct 3rd 2010, 3:16:59

make that 6m
ICQ - 562899104

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 3rd 2010, 3:19:43

ya, i'm really surprised that Omega didn't have much gas left in the tank -- based on the previous few rounds, i expected more end of set growth :p

evo's nw is pretty good now though
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

locket Game profile

Oct 3rd 2010, 3:40:30

I guess they jumped way too soon. 2 extra days of stocking

Havoc Game profile

Oct 3rd 2010, 5:45:57

something about suspiciously not getting hit by suiciders something something

.. i kid.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Oct 3rd 2010, 6:27:27

Originally posted by Jofel:

I do think you're giving LCN too little credit. They have 58 members atm and they have decades of experience, both in netgaining and warring. Plus they have Assassin, any alliance that can survive that many sets with Assassin as a member is fantastic!

The reason for that is that the last time(s) both netgained, Omega was far ahead of LCN in ANW so I don't think they are in the same league pound per pound, even before they gained TIE.

Edited By: Beltshumeltz on Oct 3rd 2010, 6:29:53
See Original Post

Oct 3rd 2010, 6:28:58

double post

Oct 3rd 2010, 6:32:37

Geez, this thread feels weird now. How was Evo doing in ANW and TNW when I started this thread? I remember checking the stats ingame and it felt obvious Omega was ahead.

dagga Game profile

Oct 3rd 2010, 14:25:29

Omega = massively overrated.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2010, 14:36:55

This thread serves no purpose and good job Evo.

War is about numbers and quite frankly were out numbered by a lot of people; therefore draw your own conclusions.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 3rd 2010, 16:47:26

omega was ahead by 7-8M ANW at the time you started this thread
Finally did the signature thing.

diez Game profile

Oct 3rd 2010, 17:38:33

they were like 12m ahead lol

Rufus Game profile

Oct 3rd 2010, 18:00:05

Originally posted by dagga:
Omega = massively overrated.
SOL is always ranked too high and you claiming that a second grade alliance kicked your butt in a war last reset doesn't really put your alliance in a better spot...

Back to topic. Well done EVO, congratulations!
I am John Galt.

locket Game profile

Oct 3rd 2010, 19:42:50

lol dagga coming from sol thats ammusing. And so far no one else is disagreeing about omega here, so till they show they are overrated i think you are better off shutting up :P

Alicia Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 2:45:57

Congrats, Evo! Now to start a just how good is Evo thread! ;)

Angel1 Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 23:58:50

/me dittos Alicia
-Angel1

Alicia Game profile

Oct 5th 2010, 1:14:05

Theo already started one, and I don't even know if he read this thread. haha. That Theo.

For the record, I don't think we could really beat any of the alliances Beltz mentioned, nor am I interested in finding out. I'm flattered, though!

dagga Game profile

Oct 5th 2010, 8:06:43

When you take us down 1v1 then you toot your overrated trumpets. :)
signatures are stupid.

Angel1 Game profile

Oct 5th 2010, 14:34:33

Dagga, in a 1v1 battle with SoL, the Omega would probably be beaten. However, SoL is a warring alliance and despite our pretty good warring abilities, the Omega is a netgaining alliance. The suprise is less how good we are at fighting and more how much harder we are to defeat than we seemingly should be.

There can be no doubt that pound for pound there are several more tier one alliances than there are on a total strength basis.

In our war with you (SoL), our allies went hit for hit with you and we supplied breakers + more finishers. That sort of onslaught is hard to defend against. To be honest, SoL/Imag vs LCN/Fist was no more an equal fight than SoL/Imag vs LCN/Fist and SoL vs Omega. The Omega absolutely fought well in that war; frankly we fought better than we expected. That being said, there is a context in which the fight must be seen.

I don't want to get into a flaming contest with you, so hereafter I won't post anymore about that war. This is just how I assess that war.
-Angel1

Trife Game profile

Oct 5th 2010, 14:45:56

Omega is a good alliance, but they haven't even caught on to the fact that I'm in the process of annexing their irc channel in the name of LCN! bwahahahaha

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 5th 2010, 14:58:54

The interesting thing I always find is that netting alliances are expected to be able to netgain well and war well, whereas warring alliances are only expected to be able to war... why don't they try a netting competition once ;) I'd like to see SOL place some T10's....
Finally did the signature thing.

Shinigami Game profile

Oct 5th 2010, 20:56:54

Never happen my friend.

Also, we have an IRC chan? I thought that was just a fairy tail, used to frighten Omegans with the concept of "war."

Trife Game profile

Oct 5th 2010, 21:06:05

#omega, on gamesurge :)

Shinigami Game profile

Oct 6th 2010, 0:34:54

LIES

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 6th 2010, 1:44:08

Omega is probably the top pound for pound alliance in the game right now.

If they had another 15-20 members they'd be the top alliance in the game right now.

as long as we have 120/120 turns, the game gives the advantage to larger alliances. Smaller turns stores would give mid sized alliances a better chance to use their superior skills, and would even allow an elite mid sized allinace to defeat large alliance.

Z is #1

Fooglmog Game profile

Oct 6th 2010, 8:42:26

You think so Servant?

A 30% turn advantage is a 30% turn advantage however you slice it. In fact, I think that more stored turns makes it easier for a mid-sized alliance to fight a bigger one... because it gives the smaller alliance a chance to kill enough countries early to level the playing field.

If turns were 80/80 or something, it would be easier for the big alliance to just shrug off losing the FS advantage.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 6th 2010, 9:47:43

exactly what fooglmog said. ^guy with a clue.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

mrford Game profile

Oct 6th 2010, 15:47:11

In regards to what happened to na

last set we did go into full war mode about half way through, so that hurt us. But that is not the problem.

We still have yet to recover organizationally from the fall of es. Our training system was rather extensive there and with the departure of many vets we are still recovering and rebuilding that system. The constant war during that period did not help us in building this system back up.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

dagga Game profile

Oct 6th 2010, 16:12:41

NA started struggling right about the time of the cousins/aunties/brothers scam that got revealed.
signatures are stupid.

aponic Game profile

Oct 6th 2010, 16:44:11

i concur
SOF
Cerevisi

Junky Game profile

Oct 6th 2010, 19:00:24

I heard that Chuck Norris Had todo 2 Roundhouse kicks to defeat Omega
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.