Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jan 13th 2012, 22:19:43

About all the people complaining about suiciders:

Suiciders punish alliances for bullcrap other alliances don't want to punish them for. Removing them would lead to more landtrading and unprovoked FSes etc. (if Evo doesn't want to take revenge on LaF for this sets events, Evo members might decide to suicide anyway for instance - and why shouldn't they be allowed to?)
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 13th 2012, 22:28:40

Sweeping changes

my guess is it includes nefing or removing pop kills

which increases time to react

Riddler Game profile

Jan 15th 2012, 3:19:13

The part of losing all stored turns is really stupid. I mean if a clan of 20 members wants to attack a clan of 40 members then this really hurts their chances therefore making it easier for the larger tags to achieve victory. Tyhe sole purpose of storing turns is to be able to make a strong FS. If the 20 member clan got another to help even out the numbers then people would cry gangbang blah blah blah...whatever...just think the idea of losing turns is incerdibly strange..

dagga Game profile

Jan 15th 2012, 4:12:22

Sweeping changes huh. How long might we have to wait for them? Got a timeline?
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

archaic Game profile

Jan 15th 2012, 4:41:09

Originally posted by Riddler:
The part of losing all stored turns is really stupid. I mean if a clan of 20 members wants to attack a clan of 40 members then this really hurts their chances therefore making it easier for the larger tags to achieve victory. Tyhe sole purpose of storing turns is to be able to make a strong FS. If the 20 member clan got another to help even out the numbers then people would cry gangbang blah blah blah...whatever...just think the idea of losing turns is incerdibly strange..

I agree with this in principle, although I also like dagga's suggestions. There should be a way to skew it so that the element of surprise can still give a smaller alliance a fighting chance. 'Slowing the tempo' too much will put smaller tags completely at the mercy of larger tags.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 15th 2012, 10:21:45

Originally posted by archaic:
I agree with this in principle, although I also like dagga's suggestions. There should be a way to skew it so that the element of surprise can still give a smaller alliance a fighting chance. 'Slowing the tempo' too much will put smaller tags completely at the mercy of larger tags.

In principle, one could argue the other way. A 40-man clan that saves 2 days of turns can completely wipe out the 20-man clan in 1.5 days - There is no chance at all. Wouldn't you rather the 40-man clan cannot store turns, and at least the 20-man clan could retaliate?

Yes, this could be seen as dragging out a 1.5 day war into a 4 day one. But really, the argument works both ways. Something that benefits a small clan, benefits a larger clan even more - we want to even things out so that the larger clan doesn't get an even larger benefit - they already have more members to begin with.

dagga Game profile

Jan 15th 2012, 14:36:24

^ what they said.

I think Riddler was trolling.
signatures are stupid.

iTarl Game profile

Jan 15th 2012, 14:51:29

why is war, any type, a problem? this is, at least from some players point of view, a war game. if you dont like/want to fight go to another game. or if you dont like/want to net go to another game. or play here try and get new players and have FUN. who really cares?

Ivan Game profile

Jan 15th 2012, 15:00:02

As usual all of this can be solved with politics instead of mods intervening

dagga Game profile

Jan 15th 2012, 15:38:55

Preach away Ivan. Are you going to go on record and promise the community SOF wont participate in coalitions or gangbangs for at least a few months?
signatures are stupid.

Jiman Game profile

Jan 15th 2012, 15:43:56

Well the major politic issues occuring right now is based upon the low population of the game. With so few numbers, there are only so many people that can engage with one another O_o

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 15th 2012, 18:36:54

Originally posted by iTarl:
why is war, any type, a problem? this is, at least from some players point of view, a war game. if you dont like/want to fight go to another game. or if you dont like/want to net go to another game. or play here try and get new players and have FUN. who really cares?

I'll argue that EE isn't a war game, but a netting one, because the official recorded top 25s are the top 25 networth. War can and is used as a means to gain networth to the top 25, or to protect the interests of other people/future resets for the purposes of netting.

In fact, there is no recognition given by the game for warring, so why do you think it is a warring game at all?

Atryn Game profile

Jan 15th 2012, 19:08:50

Its been a war game going back to E2025 as long as I can remember.

hanlong Game profile

Jan 15th 2012, 19:09:45

warring is needed to netgain.

netgaining is needed to war.

it's both a war and netgaining game.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Riddler Game profile

Jan 15th 2012, 20:30:11

Dagga, I was not trolling, maybe drinking a bit, but I posted my opinion.