Verified:

NukEvil Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 17:53:45

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Well, if the suicider didn't have easy access to guns to begin with, suppressive fire wouldn't have been needed either. It is far easier to stop someone with a knife (by using non-lethal force) than someone with a gun (by using lethal force).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...abbed-at-ki_n_556520.html

End. Of. Thread.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

locket Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 20:47:39

Again it is good he only had a knife as no one seems to have died yet.... sad stories from China :/

TheORKINMan Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 21:10:06

Crazy people will find ways to mass murder. This o e used a home made bomb to kill 58 when Hebrew up the school:

http://en.wikipedia.org/...chool_disaster#Background
Smarter than your average bear.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 19th 2012, 21:17:47

Maybe they should issue handguns to every student in school, and give them range practice instead of recess? More guns is always better.

</sarcasm>
Finally did the signature thing.

CKHustler

Dec 19th 2012, 21:55:17

I'm not exactly sure how people actually think we should increase gun control when all the stats show when you make a move in that direction violent crimes and murder rates rise.

Qzjul, what about requiring teachers to take a gun course and to have a gun locked up in their classroom?

locket Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 22:00:35

You think every teacher is responsible and down to earth enough to have a gun in the class? What if a kid managed to get into the gun area? Jesus. Stats show lots of things for both sides depending on which side you want them to show for.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 19th 2012, 22:27:55

As a Canadian I can say that our gun control works better than yours =/
Finally did the signature thing.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 22:58:37

I don't know how everyone is missing the obvious common sense preventative step. Have a school security(aka police) officer that has a weapon and possibly a kevlar vest/helmet/whatever in a securely locked weapons closet in his office at the school. We don't need teachers or kids having weapons but an actual trained officer who could stop or slow shooters until help arrives is much more effective than wholesale weapons bans or erecting fortresses around schools.
Smarter than your average bear.

BigRedDog

Dec 19th 2012, 23:27:01

i bet no one here remembers the school shooting in 99 here in GA..well besides those of us that were here for it

BobbyATA Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 23:36:09

Originally posted by TheORKINMan:
I don't know how everyone is missing the obvious common sense preventative step. Have a school security(aka police) officer that has a weapon and possibly a kevlar vest/helmet/whatever in a securely locked weapons closet in his office at the school. We don't need teachers or kids having weapons but an actual trained officer who could stop or slow shooters until help arrives is much more effective than wholesale weapons bans or erecting fortresses around schools.

That seems like a huge cost to prevent an average of about twenty deaths a year. I hate to say this but to me it seems we are doing fine wrt to mass shootings. Does anyone else feel this way? Of course events like what just happened are incredibly tragic. But when you think about how huge the US is, and how few people die a year in mass shootings, really it seems like we are doing well especially given our gun culture.

Now if we are talking about the number of people who die a year to gun related homicide in general, we are doing much less well IMO.

Pain Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 0:23:17

Originally posted by qzjul:
As a Canadian I can say that our gun control works better than yours =/

im willing to bet its much more of a societal reason then a gun control reason. if every american came to canada and followed your laws, it wouldnt change the statistics.
Your mother is a nice woman

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Dec 20th 2012, 5:22:02

A crazy person will always find a gun.

Guns made America, and guns will always be part of usa.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

grimjoww Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 8:17:54

they should make guns more expensive in US :P

locket Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 8:21:01

Originally posted by LittleItaly:

Guns made America? Jesus. People made America. And some people's strong beliefs.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 8:29:31

Canadians need better winter hobbies than sitting around telling US how we should be living.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

locket Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 8:31:45

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:
Canadians need better winter hobbies than sitting around telling US how we should be living.

It is our national past time now with hockey not happening

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 10:12:39

i was worried about the squirrels the other day. saw a couple of them fighting. was afraid that a hockey game might break out and they'd require me to pay to watch it.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

locket Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 11:55:09

I'd watch squirrels play hockey...

pallet Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 12:11:53

There must be a video of squirrels playing hockey somewhere on the internet.

*Goes to look*

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Dec 20th 2012, 13:49:24

Originally posted by locket:
Originally posted by LittleItaly:

Guns made America? Jesus. People made America. And some people's strong beliefs.

Guns and booze made America. Until you know what you are talking about, watch some great documentaries on the history channel.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

trumper Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 14:59:55

Originally posted by qzjul:
Maybe they should issue handguns to every student in school, and give them range practice instead of recess? More guns is always better.

</sarcasm>

Your hyperbole aside, American public schools often do teach about major life-altering events. For example, most have mandatory sex education, say no to drug classes and don't drink and drive/don't binge drink/etc in their curriculae.

I understand the emotive response, but it comes absent a real dialogue about the difference between identifying the problem and identifying tools the problem uses. In the modern age where the anarchist's cookbook can be downloaded in a second to a smart phone, I don't think it's realistic to expect some deganged kid hell-bent on killing classmates from not downloading because he doesn't have access to a firearm. The broader discussion should be what's causing this/how do we treat it (if possible) and what reasonable steps to slow or hinder the person from committing such a heinous act.

I just find the knee-jerk reaction to be tiresome. It's like some people following 9-11 saying don't let any Arab looking people on an airplane. We know those bent on evil will find a way so we should really be focused on mitigating the evil and seeking a reasonable balance on everything else.

BigRedDog

Dec 20th 2012, 15:30:26

http://conyers.11alive.com/...man#.UNMprqSYeJo.facebook

and you wonder why this crap keeps happening?

BigRedDog

Dec 20th 2012, 15:56:36

as a side note...has anyone else seen the people saying this whole thing is a hoax? im not saying i believe it just thought id bring it up seeing as how its apparently a largely growing belief 0_o