AxAlar Game profile

Nov 8th 2012, 20:01:13

-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Vic Game profile

Nov 8th 2012, 20:03:27

curious - what alliance was he in? what years? any finishes?

rip to the others lost on that day

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Nov 8th 2012, 20:15:20

Vic,

http://www.earthempires.com/...ner-arizona-shooter-posts

that should keep you entertained.

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2012, 20:51:10

Jared might have been weird

he pulled the trigger that day, and did a terrible wrong to innocent people

The worst thing is that society missed whats blatantly obvious to just about everybody aware of what happened, that he desperately needed help

thats something we should all at least be aware of - we are society (earth, the earth, the United States, Arizona, Tucson ...), its our place - WE are society, not someone else.

i don't have a political view on this, its not for points or argument
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

blid

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2012, 21:38:28

yeah it takes all of a minute reading those posts with his deranged logic and schizophrenic thought processes to realize he was troubled. not saying people over an internet forum could have done anything, but rather that i have to assume people who actually knew him must have been able to tell he was totally off the deep end.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 8th 2012, 22:20:32

I wonder if those posts we handed over to the FBI were used as part of the trial. I never found out anything after I got the "thanks for your cooperation, this fulfils the subpoena" emails.

dark days, though. dark days. very unfortunate that anyone from our community could do something so tragic. i still find it hard to believe.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

swampy Game profile

Nov 8th 2012, 22:29:17

I have wondered what would become of this, glad he is locked up for good.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2012, 22:54:59

Originally posted by Pang:
I wonder if those posts we handed over to the FBI were used as part of the trial. I never found out anything after I got the "thanks for your cooperation, this fulfils the subpoena" emails.

dark days, though. dark days. very unfortunate that anyone from our community could do something so tragic. i still find it hard to believe.

I dunno buy AxA dinner and he will tell you.

Fuji Game profile

Nov 8th 2012, 23:09:14

I wish I hadn't read this thread.

madjsp Game profile

Nov 8th 2012, 23:50:36

He played in Sanct.
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

RavenBF Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 0:12:16

this is crazy, this makes 2 people from 2 different online communities that i have known that have committed crimes that got national attention. The other person was involved in Columbine...... if anybody else has any homicidal tendencies, can you please speak now so i know to avoid u.
Minty
adj: Describing someone as British and homo-sexual.
mint minte mintt gay british person kj
by Master ZEN Aug 28, 2012

Cougar Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 0:30:30

------REDACTED-------

Under advice from my attorney regarding statutes of limitation, the above information has been expunged from this post.

Regards

Speaker Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 2:33:44

Sucks...

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 9th 2012, 3:02:52

This is exactly why I wonder about Zack/Darkling.....

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

archaic Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 3:28:53

Originally posted by galleri:
This is exactly why I wonder about Zack/Darkling.....

I've often thought the same thing, but chat room diagnosis are probably not very reliable.

Glad to see Jared off the streets for good. Sad, but -

**shrugs**
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

AirCruiser Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2012, 4:20:36

He played in a few alliances. I remember chatting with him on irc when he was in SoL. Strange character.

Kyatoru Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 4:34:52

Hopefully he continues getting help.
+Kya

Angel1 Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 4:35:59

I'm glad that the victims were not forced to go through two trials (in Federal Court and Arizona Court). I have no doubt that had it been necessary to keep Loughner locked up forever, Arizona would have tried him so that he could be found guilty, but insane. Very glad that insanity wasn't a viable defense in the federal case.
-Angel1

Wharfed

Nov 9th 2012, 4:38:40

Yeah, a lot of this posts he made were a bit weird, but I never thought anything of them. I figured he was just an Internet troll. Like so many that I know that do very similar sort of things.
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

Drow Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 6:23:21

good to see justice served. Sad day for us as a community though. Whilst they say no publicity is bad publicity, in this case, I don't think Earth needed a bad rep.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

PapaSmurf Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 6:23:33

So, I'm curious....not sure if anyone knows about this stuff. But what's the point of 7 life sentences plus 140 years. And how much time is a life sentence?

Devestation Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 6:25:02

A life sentence is for the rest of your life. You'd get one for every murder in case you somehow manage to prove that you didn't kill 1 or 2 people later on.

Marco Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 7:22:33

Depending on country, a life sentence is a minimum of 15 years, the years are usually specified. Life without the possibility of parole, or multiple life sentences is an implied, till you die.

Marco Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 7:31:15

And papasmurf its so that when you're reincarnated your fetus goes directly to jail, it does not pass go, it does not collect 200$.

Marco Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 7:33:10

Devastation its also not just for murder, it can be given in manydifferent crimes, usually brutal sorts.

Anonymous

Nov 9th 2012, 8:01:21

My understanding of multiple life sentences is as stated that even if some are appealed, it means little because more exist.

Also I don't know if no parole applies or not, but if not I would bet that if paroled that you must be paroled on all life sentences.

The extra 140 years is just for fun maybe?!

Alin Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 8:27:19

There is no real reason to give 7 life sentence + 140 years. That might be the USA law sistem ( which probably is the best one in the world) - but i see no sense in giving 7 life sentence ( 1 is enough - 1 life sentence = your life ).

+140 years to that - wtf ?

I think there should be death sentence for this type of murders - but as i could read in the Yahoo article this guy was seriously brain damaged ... Maybe his place was not in the street for a long time.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Nov 9th 2012, 8:30:20

Each count gets its own sentencing I believe.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Anonymous

Nov 9th 2012, 9:05:31

Originally posted by Alin:
There is no real reason to give 7 life sentence + 140 years. That might be the USA law sistem ( which probably is the best one in the world) - but i see no sense in giving 7 life sentence ( 1 is enough - 1 life sentence = your life ).

+140 years to that - wtf ?

I think there should be death sentence for this type of murders - but as i could read in the Yahoo article this guy was seriously brain damaged ... Maybe his place was not in the street for a long time.

My reply should show that our legal system is retarded.
A life sentence alone rarely means until they die. I think they have to do 15-20 years of it, but then can be paroled or other things can let them get out early.

Also I am not real sure who did what or if the death sentence was on the table, but most states don't allow the death penalty. However I would guess that this was done at the federal level which means it was on the table. Anyhow, yes this probably would have been death if not for him being disturbed.

I am just glad he actually got prison time as I thought all along this was going to be mental defect.

Edited By: Anonymous on Nov 9th 2012, 9:08:30
See Original Post

Tin Man

Nov 9th 2012, 12:20:36

They never should have put him with the general populous of inmates, I couldn't imagine how fluffed up he is now.

Although he could have found a niche to fit in to, I'm not sure but he looked healthier to me in court then when he was arrested.

lostmonk Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 12:25:29

Originally posted by Anonymous:
My reply should show that our legal system is retarded.
A life sentence alone rarely means until they die. I think they have to do 15-20 years of it, but then can be paroled or other things can let them get out early.

Also I am not real sure who did what or if the death sentence was on the table, but most states don't allow the death penalty. However I would guess that this was done at the federal level which means it was on the table. Anyhow, yes this probably would have been death if not for him being disturbed.

I am just glad he actually got prison time as I thought all along this was going to be mental defect.

Part of the individual sentences like that is so that the victims loved ones all receive justice, and thus also get some form of closure with the event.
Done.

Marco Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 13:33:39

You're all wrong, its so that when he is reincarnated his fetus goes to prison.

Wu Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 14:58:30

I think it's a fair sentence... as in he didn't get death as he's clearly lost his marbles. Also glad to have played a tiny part in some way to contribute to this sentence (if any..., secret between Pang and me) but sad that some of us in this game who are genuinely nice people didn't get an opportunity to sort him out before he completely lost it.

Trife Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 15:05:52

This guy gets to live out the rest of his years, blah.

RavenBF Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 15:37:27

A life sentence in the United States can go to parole after 15 years. Even though there is no possibility of parole now, in 15 years, that law may change.

The purpose of 7 life sentences is so that if the laws regarding parole change, or if the "no possibility of parole" law gets abolished, he is still looking at 105 years if the law requires him to serve those sentences consecutively. In some cases, they can get the sentences so that they are served concurrently, which means that the sentences for all 7 murder charges are served at the same time. In that case, if the parole laws change, and they are served concurrently, then after 15 years he could be eligible for parole.

The +140 years on top of the 7 life sentences is so that if either of those situations happen, he will be required to serve at least 1/3 of the 140 years IF he maintains good behavior while incarcerated. In the best case scenario, he is looking at ~61-62 years, if the laws change in his favor to allow parole.

Sentences are stacked like that to disallow any legal loopholes that would get him freed from prison before he dies.

How do I know this? I am a former Texas Department of Criminal Justice corrections officer.
Minty

RavenBF Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 15:37:38

Minty

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 9th 2012, 21:52:26

is he going to be required to apologize to Earth players?
has he been banned for life?
was he ever banned?
oh.... bah... he wasn't sane enough to stand trial until they started pumping him full of mind altering drugs. well, some kind of drugs...
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Drow Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 13:46:18

technically a life sentence in the US is 25 years. with good behaviour and parole etc, he could potentially be out before. The same applies here in Australia, except that here it is 20 years. by applying multiple life sentences, they are served consecutively. it effectively means that he will actually be in prison for the rest of his natural life, rather than being able to get out after awhile. also, it's a sentence for each count, not one sentence for the whole lot.

bstrong86 Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 13:56:45

Even if the law do change with him in jail it cannot hurt him or anyone currently serving a prison sentence in the united states. laws which are made/changed while people are incarcerated can only be retro-active. Which means it can only help you not hurt when you have already been sentenced.

7 Life sentences plus 140 years is probaly for each count charged/convicted of. the 140 ensures that you will never make it home.

a life sentenve in most states can be served in someonees lifetime if you are young enough and healthy enough to survive prison.

see if they ran the life sentences consecutively he has no chance of coming home, but if they are ran con-currently then he has a chance at getting home(in most states)...ad the 140 years either way...your fluffed.

As i have not read up entirely on the situation at hand with this loughner, I understand he was the Arizona shooter. Its good that the families have finally seen justice brought before them.
The Death Knights

XI

bstrong86 Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 14:07:30

also, in arizona whats how are the %'s figured up..

In illinois, we have day for day which is eligible for 90 days good time at 36 months short and then another 90 at at 18 months short. On top of that you can recieve drug/treatment or school good time..1/2 day for every day you are in a class. But the minimum you have to serve in prison is 61 days regardless of the prison sentence.

Now they have a straight 50% which is mainly for nonviolent sex offenders no good time available.

85% for people who have commited violent acts in which people have died. or were seriously harmed in the act of committing a crime. also violent sex offenders fall in this category. also no good time for the people.(i recently just got done serving 85% on an agg DUI with a death)

100%..your fluffed..

then you have natural life sentences. which cannot be paroled from. it is what it is, you serve out the rest of your natural life in prison.

so my question being, how was he sentenced. natural life...100% life sentence...
The Death Knights

XI

Hawk Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 14:07:48

Originally posted by RavenBF:
this is crazy, this makes 2 people from 2 different online communities that i have known that have committed crimes that got national attention. The other person was involved in Columbine...... if anybody else has any homicidal tendencies, can you please speak now so i know to avoid u.

Fazer.

Drow Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 14:12:39

didn't see Raven's post. Sums it up nicely.

CandyMan Game profile

Nov 10th 2012, 14:37:25

Damn, scrolling down midway to his Suicide/Prison/Career post was creepy. It's like he meticulously planned out his options and chose Prison based on a cost/benefit analysis.

RavenBF Game profile

Nov 11th 2012, 0:10:55

@Hawk Noted

@Drow Thanks

@bstrong86 ummmmm that is exactly what i said
Minty

Serpentor Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 6:47:27

They should allow the families access to beat him senseless before prison.
The EEVIL Empire

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 6:55:14

might as well make it legal to kill people if we're going to allow that.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 7:46:59

Didn't know he used to play this game.. I used to work Arizona Department of Corrections. He will never have a chance at parole. He most likely recieved beatdowns from other inmates.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Devestation Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 9:26:54

Originally posted by Marco:
Devastation its also not just for murder, it can be given in manydifferent crimes, usually brutal sorts.

You know what I meant. And Raven has explained it anyway.

Ant

Nov 15th 2012, 11:48:09

life sentence costs too much and should be set to death sentence.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 17:16:01

death by a firing squad
Do as I say, not as I do.