Verified:

KSFRekuyukai Game profile

Jul 21st 2023, 19:21:39

Edited By: KSFRekuyukai on Jul 21st 2023, 19:35:44

Real Man

Jul 21st 2023, 19:30:23

Originally posted by KSFRekuyukai:
We helped you delete your country. I was bored and you were the only one i could hit.

Aren't you the guy who was crying to everyone last set apologizing for how corrupt the LaF leadership is and how sorry you were for blindly following orders?

What changed?

Jul 21st 2023, 19:34:39

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 21st 2023, 19:36:55

Jul 12
To: SuperFly
Im really starting to not like LaF's leadership lol....i think your on to something. Im getting fluffed at for their fluffup on Boxcar. Its like well if you dont want them to be targets you have access to remove them as such. Im just a grunt i dont have access to any of that stuff.

Maybe it’s time for you to leave LaF and join TheBomb hey?

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 21st 2023, 19:43:27

Sorry for outting you there to LaF leadership. Daddy Gerdler and momma Gains gonna be upset that you join the long list of people who don’t like them :(

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2023, 19:45:05

Originally posted by Real Man:
We helped you delete your country. I was bored and you were the only one i could hit.

Aren't you the guy who was crying to everyone last set apologizing for how corrupt the LaF leadership is and how sorry you were for blindly following orders?

What changed?

Oh realman realman realman

Allow daddy coalmeister to explain this one for you. What changed? AllianceGDI. Now you can hide behind qz’s new mechanic and openly libel and slander your enemies. There’s no point in defensive pacts with other clans anymore. All we can do is watch your alliance partners get griefed.

Jul 21st 2023, 19:48:09

Superfly you are correct while i probably wouldnt join the Bomb i have been shopping around for different alliances more similar to KSFs alignment in the game.

Dutchy Game profile

Jul 21st 2023, 19:55:01

Superfly you are correct while i probably wouldnt join the Bomb i have been shopping around for different alliances more similar to KSFs alignment in the game.

Brother, ARROW has been/was revived. Alas one set only, because ClanGDI.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2023, 20:51:27

KSF, you want to beat your chest now that your clan (leader) wants to hide behind clan GDI.

Be a man.

Real Man

Jul 21st 2023, 21:30:50

Ahh I see I found another LaF cuck like TC who can’t face the MUSIC when questioned on AT

nice post deletetion KSF.

lol, lmao.

pathetic coward hahahahah

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 21st 2023, 21:46:26

So I am assuming that you guys killing me wasn’t sanctioned by Gerdler.

He must be pissed that you guys wasted turns killing me when you are all supposed to be FAing him and letting him farm you to break the Bombs NW Record

Jul 21st 2023, 22:24:30

Lol Req i posted b/c i knew it would trigger responses im not saying im a fan of Clan GDI at all personally i think it is far far too limiting. You know me i dont hide behind fluff. Also i deleted my post b/c the effect was evident personally i just wanted to see the reaction i think your the only one thats upset about this Real Man and it doesnt even concern you.

Jul 21st 2023, 22:29:13

So supes are you really quitting? Im gonna be honest imma miss ya if you do. What about you Req you better not be backing out as well. I get that this GDI thing is limiting as fluff but if you leave who is going to troll on the forums for me to read during my entertainment period xD. I love watching the TC and Bhole vs the world forum stuff.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 21st 2023, 22:54:29

I mean....I don't really think people are joking about it. I have no intention to play 1a in its current state unless some good wars crop up with non-GDI clans, which is extremely rare. The FFO get fat and win meta doesn't pique my brain enough to enjoy the game beyond a handful of warchats with old pals.

I'm curious what the outcome of all of this will be, so I assume some of us will linger and see. In its current format tho, I assume not many of us will play it, and as a result will cancel our premium status that mattered most here.

Jul 21st 2023, 23:24:54

Yeah honestly there were ways to make Clan GDI good i cant think of many but im sure some can. I just feel its very very limiting and takes a lot away from the game.

BlackHole Game profile

Jul 22nd 2023, 2:52:48

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
I mean....I don't really think people are joking about it. I have no intention to play 1a in its current state unless some good wars crop up with non-GDI clans, which is extremely rare. The FFO get fat and win meta doesn't pique my brain enough to enjoy the game beyond a handful of warchats with old pals.

I'm curious what the outcome of all of this will be, so I assume some of us will linger and see. In its current format tho, I assume not many of us will play it, and as a result will cancel our premium status that mattered most here.

This is what I don't understand.

There are multiple warring clans, complaining they can't war now. Why not war each other? You can still war if you all agree to war.

The problem is you can't war an unwilling participant. That's the real issue, right?

En4cer Game profile

Jul 22nd 2023, 3:45:34

Originally posted by Real Man:
Ahh I see I found another LaF cuck like TC who can’t face the MUSIC when questioned on AT

nice post deletetion KSF.

lol, lmao.

pathetic coward hahahahah

Don't steal my word cuck.... be a Real Man and come up with your own!

Btw this post alike my last is for comic effect and trolling purposes only

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2023, 4:25:54

Yep KSF I think my EE days are over. Not playing this set has been great!

Salute to you good sir 🫡

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2023, 7:12:05

Yeah honestly there were ways to make Clan GDI good i cant think of many but im sure some can. I just feel its very very limiting and takes a lot away from the game.

I can tell you right now how to make ClanGDI work for everyone in very simple terms. And I think people should understand the reason it hasn't happened isn't because someone's lazy or something. The problem is that the game is programmed in php and is a fluffing mess of code in a dead programming language.

If this game was in C# or Python, I hope people understand that any idiot could put thru the necessary changes. The 28 year old game just has 28 year old code. Take nothing away from that fact that some nerd on fiver would probably take this game to a contemporary language for cheap, but reality is, making changes in the current state is very, very difficult.

Originally posted by BlackHole:

This is what I don't understand.

There are multiple warring clans, complaining they can't war now. Why not war each other? You can still war if you all agree to war.

The problem is you can't war an unwilling participant. That's the real issue, right?

It's interesting you feel that way to me...but I'll indulge you. For the 6 years previous to the last 6 months, all wars were friendly. We've warred each other a bunch and even traded participants to level the playing field. We've kinda just played it out, if that makes sense.

But either way, war wasn't ever supposed to be sustained by us trying to make even sides and roll into nonsense friendly wars. Every person who wars wears a tag they fought for. For me it's ICN, for Reku it is KSF. Wardogs WILL ALWAYS friendly war, but if someone does bad politics to them, they fight with numbers and ferocity. That's why it has been important to keep good relations with them traditionally.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jul 22nd 2023, 7:20:21
See Original Post

BlackHole Game profile

Jul 22nd 2023, 10:51:07

I get that Derrick. But when the player base is so small, I think everything kind of breaks down.

The options for war right now are....

War other warring alliances in a friendly war.

or kill LaF, a squad that you hate, over and over and over.

The end result is either you don't get to war, so you quit. Or LaF doesn't get to NET, so they quit. Either way, people are unhappy and leave the game, which I think we can all agree is bad for the game.

Aside from being more people to the game, or the war alliances deciding to go back to friendly wars, I don't see how to fix this.

Jul 22nd 2023, 12:27:41

I just have a request if you are going to bicker back and forth don't do it on my forum post. Like you already have 10 of them open. I'm sad to see you leave Req but I understand, maybe one day you'll come back and we can play on the same side again. If possible can I get a list of all who are leaving to know how many friends I'm gonna miss in thus game?

BlackHole Game profile

Jul 22nd 2023, 13:38:02

Rek - Derrick and I aren't bickering, we are discussing. He's one of the few I can actually have a discussion with. The rest of them just want naked posters of me, or want to get on my Christmas card list.

Murf Game profile

Jul 22nd 2023, 16:50:02

Rek sof would take you

Auk Game profile

Jul 22nd 2023, 18:21:04

The problem is that the game is programmed in php and is a fluffing mess of code in a dead programming language.

I disagree. It's not PHP. Generally, it's usually technical debt or the lack of time to write code, especially for free. PHP in the past didn't have as good of an ecosystem of libraries and frameworks compared to PHP circa 2016. A few years before that, it seems that more and more developers began to care about Separation of Concerns, a list of anti-patterns to avoid, S.O.L.I.D design principles, and other design principles that one can employ to reduce technical debt and keep code testable and maintainable.

In other words, regardless of which language is used, you're going to still have problems that demotivates one to code if the code has a lot of technical debt. Yes, some languages are better for the task; PHP is still good for this very purpose.

As for games like this, my friend said it best: In general, people don't like the idea of spending weeks building up something only to have it gone in a flash.

It's expensive in terms of time, turns, and money to reclaim land and rebuild. IMO, the construction rate is too slow and too costly as a country grows. Does this not influence the policies for reparation or retaliation?

Foreign aid would be nicer to use if paying off someone can be done promptly. As I mentioned, I believe people wouldn't mind participating in a war if doing so does not deny the winner of war a chance to win the game. https://www.earthempires.com/...-alliance-51946/3#1016090

Anti-griefing measures can, for example, reduce the damage done by small countries towards a big country.

Edited By: Auk on Jul 22nd 2023, 23:39:02
Yay, new signature:
https://i.ibb.co/...s-a-paradigm-black-bg.png
Discord: HappyTheExceed
Paradigm's Secretary of State/HFA

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2023, 19:00:27

Derrick really shouldn't talk about technology regarding software/web development :p

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2023, 20:38:54

I'm a professional bartender. I can claim to know about most things and carry on conversations about anything, but when someone actually knows about those things, I tend to sound like an idiot, because all I really know is how to make drinks and run my mouth.

Anecdotally tho, I have heard the terms "mess of code" and "fluffin php" multiple times over the years from previous admins. I'm just parroting that. Haha.

Hey Auk. Wanna fix clan GDI for us? Lol.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jul 22nd 2023, 22:50:49
See Original Post

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2023, 21:28:48

Derrick was blessed with the gift of gab. He’s a good dude

Auk Game profile

Jul 23rd 2023, 17:42:53

Anecdotally tho, I have heard the terms "mess of code" and "fluffin php" multiple times over the years from previous admins. I'm just parroting that. Haha.

Some folks got nothing better to do than to dunk on an easy target like PHP. There is some truth to what they say, but some of it is outdated. For the sake of sources:

・ http://phpsadness.com/
・ http://maettig.com/...g-a-fractal-of-bad-design
TL;DR: The problems are genuine, some of them are fixed as of 2020 or made irrelevant as a result of best practices, tools and etc.

・ https://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/...tible-vs-fixing-its-flaws
TL;DR: Backwards compatibility is important for many reasons shared there. That is why the problems can not be fixed immediately.

・ https://getparthenon.com/...snt-that-like-really-bad/
TL;DR: Many of these complaints are 10-years out of date. PHP is still a good choice for building applications today.

Hey Auk. Wanna fix clan GDI for us? Lol.

I can help with the specs. What should the specs be? Whatever we come up with should balance the interest between groups of players.

For example:
1. Each clan can choose which clan to declare war against within Tag Admin.
2. To declare war, the clan must at least have 1/3rd the amount of members of the clan they wish to go to war with. Clan wars should be started by a clan, not by an independent country.
3. The other clan will get a war declaration notice.
4. The war will begin 48 hours since the declaration. To deal with blindsides.
5. It's not possible to attack a clan or perform spy operations without first declaring war in Tag Admin. To deal with griefing. An exception: If a clan member attacks an independent country. An independent country should be able to fight back.

Edited By: Auk on Jul 23rd 2023, 19:50:37
Yay, new signature:
https://i.ibb.co/...s-a-paradigm-black-bg.png
Discord: HappyTheExceed
Paradigm's Secretary of State/HFA

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 24th 2023, 12:33:21

I mean.....yeah. You pretty much nailed it.

I would also build in a basic pacting system (i.e. unap, & FDP only) and make tags unable to break pacts/declare war after agreeing to them within a given set. But otherwise, you pretty much nailed the way the player base has wanted it all along.

The expenses formula getting a fix to balance strats is more just adjusting a single formula and shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. 3 different player suggestions that all work to stop killing people on expenses for having a well defended country have come up. I figure that one's just a copy pasta.

Also could see myself liking tags of 3 members or less being unable to declare war to further prevent suiciding and split tag nonsense, but that's really just about all I'd do.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jul 24th 2023, 12:44:34
See Original Post

BlackHole Game profile

Jul 24th 2023, 13:02:59

Derrick -

Why is 'suiciding' bad, but having more members in an alliance to attack another country for the same reasons (to inflict harm on them) ok?

I've never understood the demonization of suiciding.

If you're a country of 3, and you've been bullied by bigger alliances, why should you not have the option to attack those alliances? Even if it's unlikely you'll ultimately win the encounter?

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 24th 2023, 13:19:28

Originally posted by BlackHole:
Derrick -

Why is 'suiciding' bad, but having more members in an alliance to attack another country for the same reasons (to inflict harm on them) ok?

I've never understood the demonization of suiciding.

If you're a country of 3, and you've been bullied by bigger alliances, why should you not have the option to attack those alliances? Even if it's unlikely you'll ultimately win the encounter?

See, in this particular situation, and obviously knowing old grudges die hard, I don't think a large clan in GDI can be accused of bullying a smaller tag, because they aren't allowed to do so without declaring war themselves. I guess in that way, I look at interaction to or from the solos and duos' tag as a form of griefing.

Perhaps I'd have the mechanic work both ways, but I feel like a solo country declaring war on a large tag would in most cases just be done over some personal vendetta just to do damage, and not to improve anyone's netting or make war. So you're just preventing bullying from a large tag, while simultaneously preventing griefing from a solo.

That all said, in most cases a large clan could do a lot to mitigate a solo with a 48 hour notice, so in that way, perhaps it's unnecessary.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jul 24th 2023, 13:22:50
See Original Post