Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 24th 2023, 13:19:28

Originally posted by BlackHole:
Derrick -

Why is 'suiciding' bad, but having more members in an alliance to attack another country for the same reasons (to inflict harm on them) ok?

I've never understood the demonization of suiciding.

If you're a country of 3, and you've been bullied by bigger alliances, why should you not have the option to attack those alliances? Even if it's unlikely you'll ultimately win the encounter?

See, in this particular situation, and obviously knowing old grudges die hard, I don't think a large clan in GDI can be accused of bullying a smaller tag, because they aren't allowed to do so without declaring war themselves. I guess in that way, I look at interaction to or from the solos and duos' tag as a form of griefing.

Perhaps I'd have the mechanic work both ways, but I feel like a solo country declaring war on a large tag would in most cases just be done over some personal vendetta just to do damage, and not to improve anyone's netting or make war.

That all said, in most cases a large clan could do a lot to mitigate a solo with a 48 hour notice, so in that way, perhaps it's unnecessary.