Verified:

Graves Game profile

Apr 9th 2023, 19:28:53

I'm an old FFA Earth 2025 player who's stumbled on Earth Empires while trying to find excuses to ignore work. Started on tournament because of the timing of the recent reset.

I've never played tournament before and it's a bit of a culture shock! Is attacking just not a thing here? And does the market always move this slow?

I was a bit of a warmonger on Earth so I suppose I better learn how to actually gain networth! Anyone got any tips to jog my memory? I'm wondering if I need a mid-game strategy shift...

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 10th 2023, 13:36:56

Tournament has always had smaller subgroups (games denoted by letters) that you've had to work your way up - so there's definitely a lot fewer people which can keep it quiet in the news (but not always). The other piece is that offically, game A is the only one that counts (for leaderboard stats and general prestige) so if you're in B or C, people are more likely to not make enemies unnecessarily (while in A, last set was quite active, with farming of players and a number of wars).

In general for getting back into the scheme of things, Express will let you more quickly flesh out ideas. If you want to keep warring, most of the alliance server is in a war which I expect to continue into next set. There are a number of well known warring groups who are still around: SOL, SOF, Mercs.

You'll find that the market dynamics are vastly different than what you may recall from long ago. Alliance has some semblance to the old days, because there are bots providing a lot of smaller transactions.

For general netting, it's ideal to find someone who can coach you through the ideas these days. In alliance, there's a number of netting alliances, but you may have the best luck with a group like Omega or something (they have some talented players and are not involved in any wars currently). Otherwise, asking on the forums, playing a variety of servers and trying things out - and you might find some good luck just by messaging players at the top and getting discussions going, but not everyone will respond or be interested.