Verified:

trainboy Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 16:23:55

is this a mkr tag and is it subject to normal mkr policies as there maybe some sore countries or is it a case of deal with it on their own same for jaegar

signed off as mkr tags but they getting farmed hard

Tross Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 18:20:20

If it wasnt for the exta bonus this thread is useless! I look at the news I see quite a few tags that dont read the forums! Hey looky I get my weekly bonus too!

Rockman Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 18:40:25

I don't get why 'teams' are allowed to have more than one tag, as that seems to be against the spirit of the rules, but since the moderators don't want to make cross-tag retalling against the rules, and the players have not fought to make cross-tag retalling against the rules, apparently thats the way this server rolls.

Tross Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 18:56:47

Wars were fought over cross tag retals. Besides who said anything about cross-tag retals!

Rockman Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 19:07:48

True, its team server with extra turns, so killing a country could be done fairly easily with a 5 man team. MKRxAres due to its size (including small networth) would not be able to kill most countries, though. Are they left to fend for themselves?

W Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 19:52:18

this is the wild west after all..no one will even mod the forum! :P

haven't noticed any teams cross-tag retaling for a while now...
[9:22pm] xHx: on a fluff ton of tech
[9:22pm] xHx was kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)
[9:22pm] Within[SnG]: what?? fluff this
[9:22pm] You were kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)

trainboy Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 20:14:21

But would they cross tag Dec to protect their tag and seriously some of the spam tags have better countries

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 22nd 2011, 23:05:26

Cross-tag retalling is pretty much settled and no one accepts it. Cross-tag warring is open for interpretation, but I would say frowned upon unless needed for even numbers.

As usual, all team policies are whatever each team can enforce.

PS
I like the idea of team being the wild west server, good call W =P

Tross Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 5:43:57

Was that a good enough answer?

Rockman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 14:45:55

So yes, MKR does do cross-tag retals.

Tross Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 15:59:04

No read our policy!

Rockman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 16:04:35

Originally posted by Tross:
No read our policy!

Ah, if you do not do cross-tag retals, then the attacks on LaF from MKR and MKRWLVS were not retals. If they were not retals, then LaF can retal those attacks. Thank you for the land.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2011, 16:28:43

Rockman....being the underdogs in your case. You can do whatever you want to MKR. That is the beauty of Team. Now if you can enforce it, is another matter all together.

On another note. We have had the "moderator ideals for the server" argument too many times already. The one constant about this server is, if you have the people to change the policies. And don't mind warring every round until you get your way. That will be an accepted policy.

Unfortunately for you, MKR has the people to enforce their policies. Your definition of "retal" is kind of loosely termed. Because they killed your country as a group, doesn't mean that they retalled your member into oblivion. Just as you hitting my country and me going out and punching babies is not considered a retal for your actions. Just a repercussion and cause/effect type situation.

Either way. I hope you do bring back 30 people and give em hell. And turn your sights our way. As the "10 Year War" declaration by Prometheus seems to have lost steam. So we are bored. In need of a nemesis.

We here at FBI also tend to kill as one. So you would obviously have to teach us a lesson.

We like you though. Always have. Back in the days of the great 100 (LAF) vs 14 (FBI) wars. Good times were had.

I eat soup.

Thanks,

ZEN
Female Body Inspector
FBI

Rockman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 16:43:28

Most of Laf does not think like me. I'm a warmonger and I don't mind dying for a losing cause. And I don't like being a bully. LaF disagrees with me on all those counts.

My definition of retal is not loosely termed. It is more specifically termed than other people's, in fact. Attacks on a country are either without provocation or they are in retaliation. There is no third option. The law of the excluded middle does not apply here. The attacks are either retaliation or not retaliation.

I am merely asking MKR to alter their retal policy after the fact to reflect the fact that they do use cross-tag retals for kills. I am also requesting that they alter their retal policy to indicate that the 48 hour retal window applies to single and double taps only, and then on triple taps or worse, the retal window is indefinite.

While I'm personally against multiple tags working together to kill, I do not object to MKR working together as a group of teams to kill #51. I object to the fact that their retal policy specifically prohibits what they did, and that they refuse to change their policy. Thus, it appears that they are willing to break their own retal policy against smaller teams that they know they can push around.

This type of double standard is something that LaF is good at as well, and I've complained about it on our forums (especially this set against Paradigm). I won't pretend that LaF aren't bullies, because they are (on the alliance server). But right now MKR is bullying LaF by breaking their own retal policy and refusing to alter their publicly posted policy to reflect their actual retaliation policy.

W Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 17:52:33

Rockman, I understand where you're coming from, but it's just a matter of wording. Lords has the same window as MKR, 48 hours. No differentiation between kills and land grab retals (in the wording) but if we have determined a country needs to die, we're not going to stop just because 48hrs have passed. once it gets marked for death, it's no longer a normal retaliation and '48hrs' gets thrown out the 'window' as they say.

as far as cross tag kills, we have done that but try to keep it in one team if possible. if we cross tag kill and someone wars us over it, we're prepared to accept that.

we are also open to 5v5 wars, so it's not like we're hiding behind numbers. if someone wants to fight us team v team all they have to do is ask, but prometheus was the only one who wanted to last set.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:19:18

Originally posted by Rockman:

My definition of retal is not loosely termed. It is more specifically termed than other people's, in fact. Attacks on a country are either without provocation or they are in retaliation. There is no third option. The law of the excluded middle does not apply here. The attacks are either retaliation or not retaliation.

If we are going by definition specifically and without representation to any past definition of the word "retal" in this game as a whole. Then yes, I will be the first to agree with you.

But if this isn't your first round, which I doubt it is, then we are arguing about the definition of a word.

In fact, MKR really only has to add one thing to their policy to make this a moot argument.

I petition the following:

"Said policies represent MKR as a whole. Interpretation of these policies and terms are to be defined solely by MKR and it's representatives. Any misunderstanding to these terms or policies can be brought to the attention of MKR prior to any in-game conflict."

BAM.

ZEN
Problem Solver
FBI

Rockman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:25:09

When has the community ever considered killing someone in retaliation for their actions not to be a retaliation?

This makes me think of Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. A is A. A retaliation is a retaliation.

We are arguing about the definition of a word. I think a retaliation is a retaliation. Apparently others disagree.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:33:09

Rockman.

You are honestly sitting there with a straight face saying that you associate retal with BOTH; A landgrab against a country who has landgrabbed you and killing a country for multiple hits on you?

If that is the case, then I suppose you haven't been around nearly as long as I thought. By earth community definition (as far back as I can remember).

A "retal" involves taking land back from a country.

But if we want to redefine the words to generalize it, heck I am in.

Hey, I just retalled your post. Awaiting your retal. Hope no one else retals before you get here.

ZEN
Retals Retals with Retals
FBI

Rockman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:40:13

http://wiki.earthempires.com/index.php/Retal

Very first sentence: "In Earth: Empires, a retaliation, or retal for short, is a type of military action made by a country in response for an earlier act of aggression against that country."

What about MKR's policy of accepting missile retals? If retals are only acts which take back land, then why is the term missile retal used by MKR, PDM, and others?

I do honestly associate killing a country in retaliation and grabbing a country in retaliation as both being retals. If killing a country in retaliation is not a retal, then why is it included in a retal policy?

P.S. I've been around since 2001.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:50:18

Dude I am already on board.

Though it is going to be hard to message countries after we kill them.... "Sorry. Just a retal".

So what if you hit someone like 250 times. Are those like 250 retals? Do we have to break down each one? Do you retal each one as a separate retal? Or do we get like bulk retal rates? So we need to rename KR's to Retal Run's? I like RR better. Kill Count=Retal Count.

I just need some definition clarifications. Gotta get this all worked out before I start my own retal policy.

Yes for those of you counting at home. Retal was used Nine times. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9. *claps*

ZEN
Female Body Inspector
FBI

P.S: Still a noob. Or less nerdy than I. Really depends on your....wait for it. Definition.

Rockman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 18:56:16

A 3:kill retal policy involves killing as retaliation. If that requires 250 attacks, then 250 attacks were made in the process of retalling.

If you change your policy to 3:250 GS, then yes, you need to count each one.

If killing is not a retaliation, then why is it included in a retal policy?

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2011, 19:08:08

All MKR tags will have MKR in their tag name. If there is a tag without MKR in tag name it will be posted in the forums no later than 3 days after set starts!

Why is that in their retal policy? Because their tagging up is in retaliation of other people tagging up? It's just so confusing. All these new changes are really warping my views.

Rockman Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 19:14:39

Originally posted by ZEN:
All MKR tags will have MKR in their tag name. If there is a tag without MKR in tag name it will be posted in the forums no later than 3 days after set starts!

Why is that in their retal policy? Because their tagging up is in retaliation of other people tagging up? It's just so confusing. All these new changes are really warping my views.

Because their retal policy is for all of those tags. Knowing which tags the retal policy applies to is a very important part of a retal policy. I suggest that when you create a retal policy, that you include what tag's policy you are posting.

If I post my retal policy, but don't tell anyone what tag my country is in, then my retal policy is incomplete.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2011, 19:23:23

Originally posted by Rockman:
Originally posted by ZEN:

Because their retal policy is for all of those tags. Knowing which tags the retal policy applies to is a very important part of a retal policy. I suggest that when you create a retal policy, that you include what tag's policy you are posting.

If I post my retal policy, but don't tell anyone what tag my country is in, then my retal policy is incomplete.

Unfortunately that really has nothing to do with retaliation though. We have to stick strictly to the rules by definition. Anything IN a retal policy MUST be about retaliation. You are going to actually have to start a tag policy as well as your retal policy. As I personally, will no longer read anything other than retaliation definitions in a retal policy.

Of course this will also mean that we will have to start a Kill Policy. War policy. FA policy. We should really have like one policy that states everything.....

Oh well. Extra work never hurt no one.

W Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 23:58:20

ya'll are ROR'ing each other like mad!

but who says a tag has to state or even follow their own retal policy at all? if you found a wording loophole in our policy and exploited it, we might still kill you for pushing an issue. just like we won't feel bad if someone complains about getting killed outside an imaginary 48hr kill window, when our policy is "if you hit us x times we will kill you".

of course it's all null and void now, because regardless of what you think MKR policy is or should be, you know what it actually is now. and that's what team is all about boys and girls!

kwmi Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 4:48:20

killing is a retaliatory action, yes. But the phrase, cross-tag retal has a different meaning on this server due to all the wars that were fought over that idea.

A cross tag-retal, as defined by the Team Server Community, is a land grab retal that is taken by a tag other than that who was hit.

We have established that cross-tag retals are strictly prohibited on this server while cross-tag killing is meh (take it or leave it).

This is the way things have evolved over the life of this server. No offense, but you can't come in here, play a few sets, and try to start re-defining words and concepts that have evolved organically on this server over the past 18 months. The retal policy fine, its just a matter of interpretation. If it makes you feel better at night we can include the "interpretation clause" as proposed by ZEN.

MKR - HFA

kwmi Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 4:50:25

ffs gonna have to pay a lawyer to re-write our retal policy. Make sure all the terms are clearly defined and all the loopholes are closed.

That would be badass though if a clan got a retal policy drafted by a lawyer.
MKR - HFA

JJosh Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 5:26:28

I'll have my lawyers draft up the Documents in the morning.
FFA ~ Ares
Alliance ~ SoL
#JJosh on your server

kwmi Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 5:34:28

But Rockman in seriousness, the issue here isn't the definition of retaliation, it is the definition of cross-tag relation. When we say we do not cross-tag retaliate, that refers specifically to retals for land grabs.

cross-tag retal became such a regular part of the lexicon on this server that we assumed it need no further clarification.

I'm sorry that it wasn't clear to you, you're probably relatively new to the server or you would have known, perhaps we will clarify that in a future version of the retal policy.

We have let some triple taps slide this set after some diplomatic efforts. Your player actually contacted me and offered to pay reps, but, unfortunately, reps cannot be paid when you cannot pact to players outside your tag =/

Also, his farming was too over the top and an example had to be made.
MKR - HFA

trainboy Game profile

Mar 25th 2011, 12:45:05

I like how no one has touched since lol

gwagers Game profile

Mar 26th 2011, 18:16:58

[peeps out of hidey-hole]

I do too.

[ducks back in before anyone notices my land's still around]
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

trainboy Game profile

Mar 26th 2011, 18:30:28

jaegar too hasnt been touched either lol

Party Player

Mar 27th 2011, 1:24:04

you seem to be wanting people touched.

trainboy Game profile

Mar 27th 2011, 11:30:11

u want to touch me?