Verified:

waffledelux Game profile

Jun 30th 2012, 21:52:49

It's open season on anyone sporting a TSO tag and I'm double dog confirming it with sprinkles and fluff on top.

If you're suiciding without the intention of living through it, hit them sooner rather than later. Some of them don't bother to get tanks or troops early on, which can be pretty gratifying.. Even if you don't bust through, though, forcing them to bulk up on armies prevents them from getting any real momentum with networth. Additionally, they don't have the stockpile of turns they need to kill anyone yet - and once they get them and start to use them, they're just widening the gap between themselves and others. If they ignore you, though, well, that's the best part :P

Two more things: As wonderful as it would be to bust up MIB at the same time, unless you've got a personal vandetta against them, just focus on TSO. Make them glad they chose that particular clan. Secondly, message me if you need any spy ops done and I'll do my best, though this is (unfortunately) probably a limited time offer.

It's easy to be a terrorist :)

Good luck.

elvesrus

Jun 30th 2012, 22:31:09

TSO would like to thank you for making sure we are not bored. It's too easy to run out of targets with the small country pool, and people like you make my life of finding targets I can justify much easier :)

I would also like to personally thank you for reminding people to buy tanks (troops optional)
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

waffledelux Game profile

Jun 30th 2012, 22:47:17

You'll want troops, too.

vern Game profile

Jun 30th 2012, 22:53:59

stands up and applauds waffle, then falls over laughing

waffledelux Game profile

Jun 30th 2012, 23:39:02

You keep playing the "GOOD THAT'S WHAT WE WANT" card, but it's getting pretty worn out. What you and yours keep insisting is this: You would rather have countries hitting you when you're not ready than leisurely accumulate turns and kill whoever you want to whenever you want to.

That is not true for the majority of TSO, because most of them aren't really warmongering assholes; they're guys who joined because there is strength in numbers and it's easier to be on the winning team than it is to fight it. Either you insist that that is bullfluff and tell us that all of your members are there for the donuts and blood and are willing to give a pound of flesh for the team, or you accept it. If it's true, then here's my point: Those guys, the ones that want the easy security, are not getting it, and that will make a difference in the long run.

It's easy to ridicule and make light of when you're in a position of strength (Even when most of your jokes are fluff that High School Freshmen find cliche, somebody will still pretend to find it funny because they're on the A Team too), but you're kidding yourselves if you believe that your entire clan enjoys being suicided at the start of every round. Every Round. That's not a threat, it's more of a mid year resolution.

Monex Game profile

Jul 1st 2012, 0:41:56

Actually most people that joined for easy security have broken off into smaller groups (myself included) or have stopped playing this server over the last few sets. The only ones left over there are the ones who water their lawns with blood.

Good luck in your futile crusade and thank you for volunteering to be the star attraction for the new attack systems ribbon cutting ceremony.

+bonus
[url=https://www.torn.com/1994581]Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG[/url]

elvesrus

Jul 1st 2012, 3:18:31

everyone who netted under the TSO banner was well aware of the risks. those weren't jokes, but simple facts. did you see what plows tag did at the end of last set out of boredom?

P.S. troops still optional

Edited By: elvesrus on Jul 1st 2012, 3:48:52
See Original Post

waffledelux Game profile

Jul 1st 2012, 4:20:00

That ribbon was already cut, Monex, but I'll snip it a few more times just in case you didn't get the first memo. As for being the star attraction, well, what can I say, I'm a diva. You should see my rendition of Sister Maria in the Sound of Music.

Yeah, Elves, after I got done giving a first name to each of the piles of crap my dog left in the lawn and then gave the maggots I found in them a proper Christian baptism, I penned in the actions of that clan tag in my tome of Stuff I Don't Care About. "elvesrus." Is that a surname? For posterity's sake, I don't want to confuse any of the details.

elvesrus

Jul 1st 2012, 4:32:44

not interested in a baptism, although I feel obliged to offer you one by fire :)

waffledelux Game profile

Jul 1st 2012, 4:36:49

I offered you a penning, not a dunking. Next time I'll use smaller words. Try to keep up.

de1i Game profile

Jul 1st 2012, 4:40:43

Speaking from my own previous experiences this only adds more fuel to their fire, unfortunately once you and your friends are disposed of that fire burns out very quickly.

Snowwolfsa Game profile

Jul 1st 2012, 5:29:38

Originally posted by Monex:
Actually most people that joined for easy security have broken off into smaller groups (myself included) or have stopped playing this server over the last few sets. The only ones left over there are the ones who water their lawns with blood.

Good luck in your futile crusade and thank you for volunteering to be the star attraction for the new attack systems ribbon cutting ceremony.

+bonus

cru·sade
   [kroo-seyd] Show IPA noun, verb, cru·sad·ed, cru·sad·ing.
noun
( often initial capital letter ) any of the military expeditions undertaken by the Christians of Europe in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries for the recovery of the Holy Land from the Muslims.
any war carried on under papal sanction.
any vigorous, aggressive movement for the defense or advancement of an idea, cause, etc.:

Does that sound like what we are doing?... I am very flattered that you feel the pope (for those of you wondering, papal sanction, is basically, 'with the popes permission' ) would condone our actions, granting us permission to do this, but, i very much doubt he pays much attention to the happenings of Earth Empires.

We also are not trying to defend anything, nor are we trying to advance any righteous ideals. I think if you compared the trials of the crusaders to that of trying to be annoying thorns in the side of Idiot gaming bullies (cause honestly, that is all we are doing), I very much think they would be offended. Calling this a crusade is a joke from an idiot who does not know how to properly insult someone online. Shush before you make a fool of yourself...

Vern, you really shouldn't drink and try to applaud, that way next time you wont fall over. I find applauding while sober a much easier, less painful way of doing things.

Elv, my dear Elv, I would like to thank you for thanking us. We really do appreciate it. Knowing that you recognize our efforts, and appreciate what we do, makes flying my planes into your buildings that much more satisfying. (by flying my planes, i of course mean tank attacks... but.. you know the metaphor fits)

Last but not least, MIB, what the fluff!.. I got NO candy in the mail, that is almost as bad as receiving black liquorish....Almost... but not quite, so I wont suicide you...YET!!!

Monex Game profile

Jul 1st 2012, 15:18:27

Dictionary.com very impressive, down side to it is that it’s unofficial and user based much like Wikipedia. Although you were only trying to troll me I will take time out of my day to educate you so you can be a better troll in the future.

If you are going to base your talking point on a dictionary should use the Merriam-Webster dictionary the online version is free and more accurate the dictionary.com. The downside is in the U.S.A., “Webster’s” is a term available for any dictionary publisher. In other words, there is no single “Webster’s” dictionary, and without further specification you cannot determine which “Webster’s” is being recommended. To avoid misspeaking with 100% certainty I would recommend you purchase the Oxford English Dictionary(OED), I will say with 99% cerinty that there is no other English dictionary in the world that can compare.

Unfourtionaly I let a friend borrow my copy of the OED and it was never returned. So for instructional purposes only I will use the Merriam-Webster online dictionary I mentioned above.

“Crusade
noun \krü-ˈsād\
Definition of CRUSADE
1 capitalized : any of the military expeditions undertaken by Christian powers in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries to win the Holy Land from the Muslims

2: a remedial enterprise undertaken with zeal and enthusiasm

Definition 2 fits perfectly with my original post but I will gladly provide you with a few more definitions if more clarification is needed for the “big words”.

re•me•di•al
adj \ri-ˈmē-dē-əl\
Definition of REMEDIAL
1: intended as a remedy
2: concerned with the correction of faulty study habits and the raising of a pupil's general competence <remedial reading courses>; also : receiving or requiring remedial instruction <remedial students>

en•ter•prise
noun \ˈen-tə(r)-ˌprīz\
Definition of ENTERPRISE
1: a project or undertaking that is especially difficult, complicated, or risky
2: readiness to engage in daring or difficult action : INITIATIVE <showed great enterprise in dealing with the crisis>
3 a : a unit of economic organization or activity; especially : a business organization b : a systematic purposeful activity <agriculture is the main economic enterprise among these people>

zeal
noun \ˈzēl\
Definition of ZEAL
1: eagerness and ardent interest in pursuit of something : FERVOR <her zeal to succeed strained her relationships>

en•thu•si•asm
noun
\in-ˈthü-zē-ˌa-zəm, en-, also -ˈthyü-\
Definition of ENTHUSIASM
1a : belief in special revelations of the Holy Spirit b : religious fanaticism
2a : strong excitement of feeling : ARDOR <did her work with energy and enthusiasm> b : something inspiring zeal or fervor <his enthusiasms include sailing and fishing>

Note definition 1 of enthusiasm, By your logic to be enthusiastic about something means you are a religious zealot.

I hope you found this educational and it enhances your ability to troll in the future..

I have asked Assassin to come along and confirm as well as correct my spelling and punctuation.

Edited By: Monex on Jul 1st 2012, 15:27:53. Reason: quote no worky
See Original Post
[url=https://www.torn.com/1994581]Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG[/url]

Assassin Game profile

Jul 1st 2012, 19:57:22

confirmed with the following edits:

Dictionary.com[.] [V]ery impressive, [but the] down side to it is that it’s unofficial and user[-]based[,] much like Wikipedia. Although you were only trying to troll me[,] I will take time out of my day to educate you so you can be a better troll in the future.

If you are going to base your talking point on a dictionary[, you] should use the Merriam-Webster dictionary[. T]he online version is free and more accurate th[an] dictionary.com. The downside is in the U.S.A., “Webster’s” is a term available for any dictionary publisher. In other words, there is no single “Webster’s” dictionary, and without further specification you cannot determine which “Webster’s” is being recommended. To avoid misspeaking with 100% certainty[,] I would recommend you purchase the Oxford English Dictionary(OED)[.] I will say with 99% cer[ta]inty that there is no other English dictionary in the world that can compare.

Unfo[rtunately]urtionaly I let a friend borrow my copy of the OED[,] and it was never returned. So for instructional purposes only[,] I will use the Merriam-Webster online dictionary I mentioned above."

"Definition 2 fits perfectly with my original post[,] but I will gladly provide you with a few more definitions if more clarification is needed for the “big words[.]”"

"Note definition 1 of enthusiasm[.] By your logic[,] to be enthusiastic about something means you are a religious zealot.

I hope you found this educational and it enhances your ability to troll in the future.[]

I have asked Assassin to come along and confirm[,] as well as correct my spelling and punctuation."

Snowwolfsa Game profile

Jul 1st 2012, 20:37:25

Wow, I am a little surprised at that response, and not quite sure exactly how to respond much past, tipping my hat to you sir. That is by far the best response to me yet on this forum, and quite frankly makes me happy, tho id hardly consider myself a troll, since i do not troll the internet to correct and insult people, I just find if your going to respond to people already insulting you (yourself, or your group as a whole). Do it in a more thought out way then "YOUR A SETH!" or as Vern so elegantly put it "Applauds waffle, then falls over laughing". Which i succeeded there. Despite you besting me just now.

As for you asking Assassin to come along to confirm your spelling and punctuation, I respect your effort at taking absolutely everything someone could use out of the equation. But not only was that a tad bit of over kill, it was also unnecessary in this particular conversation, I find insulting someones grammar, tacky and a last resort for those who can not come up with a better response. In my opinion in this aspect, one should should just accept defeat and stay quiet. Ifoundyoucheating, is a great example for this.

Also, one more thing, If your gonna best someone as you have, at least be honest about it. One does not go to the lengths you have just gone, simply to "educate" someone online they do not know, nor will ever meet. You did this simply to blow me out of the water, and rip apart my "troll" as you put it. You succeeded and it felt good didn't it?...Of course it did. Well played.

Assassin Game profile

Jul 1st 2012, 20:56:11

*you're

nimrodix Game profile

Jul 1st 2012, 23:56:33

Assassin is like that c

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 2nd 2012, 5:35:51

Another GEM of a thread :p
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

https://youtu.be/...pxFw4?si=mCDXT3t1vmFgn0qn

-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF~SKA=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

bug03 Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 19:56:34

i assassin a middle school english teacher?

bug03 Game profile

Jul 2nd 2012, 19:56:42

is*

Gutty Game profile

Jul 3rd 2012, 2:45:17

I love how people say they hate or don't care about TSO but always talk about TSO as if they love us!

archaic Game profile

Jul 6th 2012, 4:04:06

waffle, your grasp of the game mechanics are pretty flimsy. Why dont you tag up with TSO for a set and one of us will show you how to play.

Once all of the festivities are over this set I'll probably suicide TSO from within just to show you its done. Boltar deserves it just for luring me back to the team server wasteland.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

elvesrus

Jul 6th 2012, 4:14:48

wouldn't be the first time ;)

Boltar Game profile

Jul 6th 2012, 12:18:41

Didn't take much to lure u. All I said was hey I need another for my arranged war plans. And u was like sure. I think its my animal magnatism that attracted u

waffledelux Game profile

Jul 6th 2012, 20:15:33

It's a learning experience, and what I lack in concrete comprehension I make up for in enthusiasm. I learn best through example and practical application, too, so why not demonstrate sooner rather than later, Archaic? Simon Says may not have been my favorite game as a kid, but I'm willing to give it another go.

Also, I am genuinely curious about suicide strategy discussion as a whole, so please break it down for me. That's not a joke; I am perfectly okay with any TSO member offering me advice on how best to bust them up. Please keep in mind, though, that me and those like me are often working with limited timetables, resources, and relatively little support, whereas TSO has the numbers to simply suicide a bunch of a jets and troops to the point where the other guy runs of out civilians. Since we can rarely kill any of the larger countries, the general idea is to make them waste turns and resources attacking us and rebuilding.

Still, as a whole, I'm pretty satisfied with the rapport we've got going with 122. That's you, Hearts, isn't it? I admire your tankless AB defense and I'm sure that the testers this set are as appreciative as I am.

elvesrus

Jul 6th 2012, 20:59:40

the flawed part of that argument is that the turns and resources aren't wasted when killing is involved. the turns are wasted when you're at full readiness with nothing to hit.

waffledelux Game profile

Jul 6th 2012, 22:06:22

Negative.

As I've stated before but didn't mention in my last message, networth delay is also an objective. Though killing the suiciders repeatedly (Something I expected to see a lot more of. I've died once this set. I realize that there are multiple projects holding your attention, but you're still underachieving ..) limits our effectiveness, focusing on us also limits your ability to coerce the other clans and the rare, living networther or two still out there. Obviously, the influence we can exert in this way is small, but you've probably figured out by now that I'm a gosh darn bleedin' heart optimist. I also hold out on the remote possibility that it might amuse MIB or a different coalition of smaller clans to annihilate the multitude of relatively low networth TSO countries that are bound to result as a byproduct of your own singleminded conquests and predictable reaction to suiciders. While the possibility IS remote, it exists and continues to exist every set, and its perpetuity works to make it an eventual inevitability - and when it happens.. Well, you get where I'm going with this. Like I said: An optimist, and only at the cost of roughly fifteen minutes a day :)

Of course, as others have mentioned, if we just left you to your own devices the clan would likely just dissolve, and maybe sooner than it would if we did things my way, but that's not nearly as satisfying for me. You see, I need hobbies. I like weight lifting, running, reading, and virtual terrorism, so the show must go on.

elvesrus

Jul 6th 2012, 22:45:32

have you even looked at hit counts? the breaks are nothing special, and as a tyr I grow quite well for the number of hit's I've put out. learn how it's done and you might just see something ;)

waffledelux Game profile

Jul 7th 2012, 0:16:37

YO MAH BAD DAWG

I must have overlooked your name in the top ten. Top twenty?.. What, FIFTY?! Ahh, 'ES AH WRECKIN MACHIINE ! ! !

elvesrus

Jul 7th 2012, 0:29:57

top 100 is good enough. especially when in the top spot for hits and civs killed

waffledelux Game profile

Jul 7th 2012, 1:27:44

Right, so elvesrus has balanced his yin and yang, achieved peace and enlightenment, whatever. That is just super. Believe me, it's not that I created this thread for any other reason, but I was wondering if anybody has anything else to add. Perhaps someone had a bowel movement lately, maybe vomited? You know, something important. Ah, ah; not you, Elves. Thanks though.

nimrodix Game profile

Jul 7th 2012, 3:48:23

man someone pissed in his post tosties

elvesrus

Jul 7th 2012, 17:15:27

I know how it is waffle. You just want to feel like you're accomplishing something when obviously all you are doing is providing entertainment to those you are trying to get at. It's OK, we don't mind.