Verified:

bluehawk.a31_07 Game profile

May 24th 2011, 14:31:40

how do you ward off a series of artillery barage?

Any options in recovering thereafter?

Thanks!

Armadillo Game profile

May 24th 2011, 19:46:50

have tanks is the only way to stop it, rebuilding land takes lots of time (rebuilding CS's first) and buying more tanks so it doesn't happen again takes a lot of cash. Best to avoid it in the 1st place.

deepcode Game profile

May 25th 2011, 19:37:32

Do you have the cash to rebuy tanks and rebuild the land? Sometimes you don't and have to sell off things to keep momentum going in a war.

Look at all the resources available to you, spies, other military and especially technology. You can liquidate 3/4th's of your goods in around 24 hours if you login every 4 hour period and price it to ensure it sells. (believe the time to market is still 4 hours?)

No cash, no tech, nothing? You're basically a restart, just with more land. Slow and painful recovery o.O

Marshal Game profile

May 25th 2011, 20:34:35

depends bit on server how long it takes goods to reach market.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

bluehawk.a31_07 Game profile

May 26th 2011, 14:01:24

thanks...basically, i'll just restart next round...

Marshal Game profile

May 26th 2011, 19:39:29

don't forget tanks. :P

Argus Game profile

Jun 17th 2011, 22:14:16

What's a good number of tanks to have in a tournament game? Maybe a better way to ask it is what ratio of troops, turrets, and tanks should I have for defense?

deepcode Game profile

Jun 18th 2011, 0:12:06

Ideally, enough turrets that nobody can break you and take your land.

Of course, if you invest in tech and try to build a good country, you won't have enough resources to keep your defenses up to that level in the early-mid game.

Turrets are the best for pure defense, but because someone, somewhere will always have enough military (usually commies/techers) to hit you, then you need to ensure that they don't hit you too much.

Keep enough turrets to limit them to one or two hits at a time from readiness losses/ military being away on PS and enough tanks that it will take less than a day to be able to turn them into a parking lot from AB's if someone gets greedy and farms you.

Troops? You can probably live without them, useful for a casher to protect population or to destroy food stocks left in the country, but on the solo servers, killing a country is improbable.

As you get into the mid-late game however, prevention isn't the best course, if you plan on netgaining, you'll be trying to limit expenses while saving cash, keeping up adequate defense is fine, but going overboard to make yourself unbreakable is a little too much. Once you have enough cash on hand from stocking, you can always retaliate buy just buying enough jets to get your land back.

If in doubt, check the news in your game, mark off the numbers of people who are landgrabbing and spend a few turns spying on them and see what their militaries are at, so you can adjust accordingly.

You did make spies right? So many people in tourney have terrible spals...

edit: this is one of possibly many opinions, so don't take it as the absolute truth.

bungy Game profile

Jun 20th 2011, 16:57:31

What is a good spal mid/late game on Primary?

Marshal Game profile

Jun 20th 2011, 19:57:25

20 spal is enuf, that stops random grabbers but those who want to take your land will keep spying until they get thru.

ZIP Game profile

Jun 22nd 2011, 15:31:06

pang once told me something that is funny, but so true.

" when you are being chased by a bear you don't have to outrun the bear, you have to be faster then your friend. "

take a look at the scores page and look at the players around you. if you have more land then most of the people around you, then you will be a target.
When i am looking for a target i look at nw/land ratio.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

macmd Game profile

Jun 30th 2011, 6:53:58

Have lots of cash and CS =/

Marshal Game profile

Jun 30th 2011, 21:25:43

even if has alot cash and stocks those won't help much if has got tanked to ground.