Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 25th 2021, 17:21:14

I plan to add a new limit to the amount of tech gained from research allies. Countries with less than half of the tech per turn of the country doing the teching will no longer get the maximum possible benefit from the research alliance. The realized benefit will reduce linearly based on the tpt difference with a minimum benefit of 10%. Expressed as a formula: MIN(1.0, MAX(0.10, 2 * ally_tpt / techer_tpt))

Example for a 10000 tpt techer that techs a single turn:

* Tech ally 1 with 5000 tpt would get 1000 tech points (same as today)
* Tech ally 2 with 2500 tpt would get 500 tech points
* Tech ally 3 with 3 tpt would get 100 tech points (this is the 10% minimum benefit)

So "tech leeching" will still be possible, but the benefits will be reduced. Let me know if you have feedback about this change.

Edited By: Slagpit on May 3rd 2021, 22:42:27
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 25th 2021, 18:48:15

This is a good way to adapt it. But I'd prefer tech allies to be removed completely so that techer gets relatively stronger.

Think of all the tech created by research allies in primary every day, and how much tech is created early throgh research allies doing tech starts... if all that has to be replaced by raw tpt it will leave room for at least another decent techer in the game and still higher prices.

Molotov Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 25th 2021, 18:56:30

I remember proposing changes like this almost 10 years ago with Xinhuan and oldman. Seems good.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 25th 2021, 19:16:39

Originally posted by Gerdler:
This is a good way to adapt it. But I'd prefer tech allies to be removed completely so that techer gets relatively stronger.

Think of all the tech created by research allies in primary every day, and how much tech is created early throgh research allies doing tech starts... if all that has to be replaced by raw tpt it will leave room for at least another decent techer in the game and still higher prices.

Yeah good point, it's hard being techer here and this could improve that strategy.

Originally posted by Molotov:
I remember proposing changes like this almost 10 years ago with Xinhuan and oldman. Seems good.

Yes I remember that and it was when I first started playing here and I was getting to know the community learning how to play my now favorite server, I wish the old crew would play again!

Slagpit, nice direction, but I think Gerd hit the nail on the head!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Apr 30th 2021, 15:16:27

I think this is good as well