Verified:

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Apr 30th 2020, 2:09:01

Originally posted by Red X:
To keep things nice and clean on our forums we will be having some rules regarding to what you can and cannot post!!

Forum Rules:

-Do not post in game information that can only be retrieved by taking an in game turn (This means no spy ops, no military breaks, no attacking results etc etc)
-Do not post racist and or degenerating posts/threads about different cultures or beliefs.
-Mass swearing is a no go.
-No spamming.
-Be respectful at all times.
-MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL!! IN CASE OF DOUBT THE BOARD MODS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT.
-Please note that posts can also be deleted by the intention of the post even if the posts not breaks any of the above mentioned rules.
-Don't be a pest (this includes such things as topping ancient posts for spamming or other reasons)

Breaking of the forum rules can result in your thread/post being edited or deleted. Breaking forum rules multiple times in a short amount of time could turn into a forum ban. You will be banned for an X period of time which will be decided upon by the moderator team.

Thanks for Reading.

=================================================================
Mod Contact info for primary server

Send myself, warster, Primeval, or Martian a forum message, it's the fastest way.

Safelisting

To save alot of people some problems or getting upset that their country was deleted, please remember the following:
The rules for the game are listed here:
http://www.earthempires.com/rules

Please note that if you are going to play from the same computer, household or basically IP with a friend, family member, or coworker to contact a game moderator to get safelisted.

Other Info!

This is a solo server, keep it that way. We reserve the right to make calls in gray areas.

No death threats ingame.

Also, if you want a question asked feel free to ask in this thread, or PM myself or a game mod.

Thanks!

Do not post things on the board that can only be found with ingame ops. It's on black and white. It can lead to you being banned for a short time and or actions taken ingame because it can be viewed as coordination.

Edited By: Red X on Apr 30th 2020, 2:13:47
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 30th 2020, 2:12:10

Noted 👍
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

May 1st 2020, 2:45:41

i think it is quite clear that no spy ops, attacking results etc should be posted.. but there comes the difficulty in gray areas.. when touching at gray areas, some may think it is violation, some may think it is not.. forums is a place where ppl get together to talk and it makes the community more closely knitted and make the game more fun.. when ppl are posting, there will definitely be a risk of touching in the gray areas, when discussions get hot.. so this is where the moderators come in, and if they think the post is too sensitive to be there, they can take out the posts.. i believe most ppl here do not have the intent to break the rules and we just want to have fun in the game, just that there could be times it is a gray area

Hessman123

May 1st 2020, 3:41:25

Originally posted by DeLpHiNuS:
i think it is quite clear that no spy ops, attacking results etc should be posted.. but there comes the difficulty in gray areas.. when touching at gray areas, some may think it is violation, some may think it is not.. forums is a place where ppl get together to talk and it makes the community more closely knitted and make the game more fun.. when ppl are posting, there will definitely be a risk of touching in the gray areas, when discussions get hot.. so this is where the moderators come in, and if they think the post is too sensitive to be there, they can take out the posts.. i believe most ppl here do not have the intent to break the rules and we just want to have fun in the game, just that there could be times it is a gray area

Agreed

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 1st 2020, 5:02:54

I'd rather no one hint at anyone's military. But what do you consider gray areas as far as how you all like to chat? I'm always open for a discussion.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 1st 2020, 5:07:55

I agree with Delphi and I also understand hinting on someone's military make up is sensitive information.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 1st 2020, 5:15:58

I want the boards to be active, I want the server to grow, but I also want information that can be found ingame to stay ingame ya know?

I am curious as to what you all feel is gray area.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

May 1st 2020, 11:43:02

well like let's say for instance the spy op spy on alliances.. we should not reveal the ally name that a person has in in-game or forums which is quite clear.. but let's say during discussion when i bring up the topic that this certain guy has very strong ally and make it difficult to retal.. i would not state the name of cos, but i would probably say this guy has an ally at the top to emphasize my point.. to some ppl, it could be sensitive cos perhaps they may claim u can roughly guess who is the ally, or perhaps giving the information that this guy is hard to hit.. but to some, they may think it is still acceptable cos the name is never revealed.. afterall if u intend to hit the person, u will still need do ur spy ops on the allies and that guy, in order not to bounce the attack..

or perhaps if the person voluntarily mention his own country's information for discussion perhaps on how to improve his play, would that be considered violation as well since u supposedly need to do in-game ops to see his info?

Gray areas are infinite and can be anything under the sun, hard to judge actually.. if we catch too strictly, it could stifle discussion.. but if without moderating, things could get haywire with information leaking.. u can never please everyone and i would leave it to the moderators to judge, and i respect u guys for deleting post which u deemed too sensitive.. i think most of us are ok with it, cos we just want to enjoy the game.. sometimes during hot discussion, emotions could run over, so if anyone happen to violate rules accidentally, hope we all can be forgiving to one another

Edited By: DeLpHiNuS on May 1st 2020, 11:45:15

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 1st 2020, 12:44:04

I'm not trying to make it crazy strict. I was alerted to something and I agree that it should not have been posted, so here we are.

If someone wants to post about themselves for discussion that is a non issue. The other one the only issue it could have and we would have to cross that bridge when we got to it would be the other gray area. If the person involved does not care then I'm inclined to not care.

I'm more worried about a lower break and people jumping someone.

Hessman123

May 1st 2020, 13:03:22

Also there is a difference between someone posting something as speculation versus having spent a turn to decipher that information.

For example when Player 1 attacks Player 2 for a big gain and they are both right near the top of the leaderboard

I watch the markets and I watch eestats quite often

So in the coming days when I see Player 2 networth going up substantially while the jets sell and I see the price of Jets go up steadily .. I can take a guess that Player 2 is gunning for a retal and buying all the jets

I haven’t spent any turns, I didn’t send a spy op, I am just speculating based on what I can see on eestats and using the ingame market tool

If I then post.. hey it looks like Player 2 is buying up the jets to try to make a retal this is very interesting

Player 2 may run to the mods and say .. hey they are posting spy op stuff in game.. when in fact that hasn’t happened at all

There is a big difference between speculation and someone having actually spied and copied and posted the exact spy op don’t you think?

Personally I’ve never understood these forum rules because let’s say I was to post something on the boards that was obtained via a spy op.. there is still the chance that I could be lying right?? If I say, hey guys I spied so and so and he’s at only 8 mil turrets... is anyone going to just take my word for that?? I doubt it.. what if I am a liar? .. they still need to go do their own spying ingame to confirm

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 1st 2020, 13:37:08

I understand what you are saying Hessman and you make a lot of good points.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 1st 2020, 14:09:18

I think the grey area is where you can get the information from other means and have actually not spied said target to confirm what you are saying. That said there are very few situations where you should post such information anyway.

Your example with bought out jets or such require a lot of leg work and is rather far fetched. It may have happened at some point tho, and if it did it would be very questionable to post and should probably warrant the post being modified, deleted or preferably not made in the first place, because its far more likely that the information has been achieved by a spy op anyway.

What actually happend in game is Spy ops were failed on a player by 2 countries who's owners then started writing about that players military makup on this board. I don't know if you spied that player or not, but screenshots can be posted of failed spy ops prior to posts made sharing the data from them. So that scenario that you put out didn't happen either way. Spy ops were made and the information was relayed in this board. Let's make that very clear.

Secondly, I have learned that a certain player X has a def allie that has a raw def strength of about 50 million turrets a few days ago, which I could not have learned without an ally spy op followed by a spy op on that ally. Saves me a lot of turns and potentially spies if I were planning to hit player X, or indeed if I was considering it and now decided not to because he has such a strong ally. Either way this is information I should not get for free, or anyone else.

Player Y and Z had a def allie which they broke a few days ago, at the time it was posted, player Y had already pacted another one, but player Z was without 1 def allie at the time, which everyone learned for free. I dont think he cared about it, and I didnt want to hit player Z at the time, but its certainly information that I couldnt have gotten without spending turns ingame and therefore information I should not have had.

The information in the three paragraphs above could have easily been relayed in a way that does not enter what constitutes a clear rule violation(which they all did) or indeed any grey area.

Example 1 could have been relayed as something like 'This will be an interesting situation in the comming days'.

Example 2 could have been relayed as 'I think I will have a hard time retalling this' instead of saying that his def allie had a certain amount of turrets.

Example 3 could have been relayed as "I was between def allies at the time which lowered my break" instead of outing the player that he broke his alliance with.

Hessman123

May 1st 2020, 14:16:45

My example actually did happen exactly as I described it.. with my post on the other thread

I know for a fact that I never succeeded in getting a spy op on your country.. I have a terrible SPAL :)

However I did see the market activity and country activity on eestats .. and then put two and two together with country news and boom.. looks like your gunning for a retal and buying up all the jets

Also, your example of "Secondly, you found out that player X has a def ally with 50 mil turrets"

Again.. you didn't find that out for sure without doing the spy ops ingame yourself.. unless you trust the poster and you trust 100% that the information is accurate.. they might be embellishing or lying just like fishermen always do

Hessman123

May 1st 2020, 14:18:45

However, I agree that we all need to take a closer look at the rules and I think it is a good idea for everyone to be a little more vague with our posts as per your examples above

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 1st 2020, 14:21:43

The examples I posted above are not in any grey area tho. They are clear violations of the forum rules at the very least. And that is not up for debate.

We can debate if someone else broke the rules all we want. But that is just changing the topic. Your posts are not included in my 3 examples above.

Now that said I think anything that could be percieved as grey should be avoided, thats how I play and how I try to post, and its generally not difficult.

Edited By: Gerdler on May 1st 2020, 14:24:12

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

May 1st 2020, 14:24:50

Yes, i think i will need to be more careful in my post and make it very vague as much as possible.. things that seem ok to me isnt so to others.. i didnt know that it would cause unease to some guys over here when i post descriptive posts that seem to be leaking out information, and i apologise for it.. but u know sometimes when things get heated up, mistakes do happen

Hessman123

May 1st 2020, 14:29:23

Yes, I guess the only thing really up for debate at this point is the forum rules themselves and whether or not they are all that necessary

Personally I would never trust information posted on the boards without verifying it myself via ingame spy ops

You can say whatever you want about the information you have acquired via the forums.. but until you personally verify it ingame you don’t know for sure

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 1st 2020, 14:30:47

Originally posted by DeLpHiNuS:
Yes, i think i will need to be more careful in my post and make it very vague as much as possible.. things that seem ok to me isnt so to others.. i didnt know that it would cause unease to some guys over here when i post descriptive posts that seem to be leaking out information, and i apologise for it.. but u know sometimes when things get heated up, mistakes do happen

I can certainly accept that. I think these are just the latest examples and my intention is not to hang you out as a culprit, its just when this discussion started happening.

I think its a slippery slope tho and many posters could have been more careful not only these last five days or so but further back.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 1st 2020, 14:36:09

Originally posted by Hessman123:
Yes, I guess the only thing really up for debate at this point is the forum rules themselves and whether or not they are all that necessary

Personally I would never trust information posted on the boards without verifying it myself via ingame spy ops

You can say whatever you want about the information you have acquired via the forums.. but until you personally verify it ingame you don’t know for sure

Ohh yea but if you are looking for a target among 20 countries and you hear that one of them currently has a low break you might look him up because of that information.

The opposite is true if someone suggests his break is high, you might look at some of the other 19 because of it. Thus saving you turns.

You could argue that misinformation could be spread to drown out the truth. but generally this doesnt happen, it would also be quite boring and useless to talk then.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 1st 2020, 14:41:44

Ok everyone just make a primary discord server and post it all there! Don't let Red X in the room tho :D

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 2nd 2020, 1:44:51

Originally posted by Requiem:
Ok everyone just make a primary discord server and post it all there! Don't let Red X in the room tho :D

good idea! lol, screenshots are a fluff though xD

Hessman123

May 2nd 2020, 1:59:14

Make sure not to let Gerdler in either then.. lol