Verified:

Mrredmanbhs Game profile

Jul 15th 2010, 14:40:23

Being a Facscist gov isn't working for me. Anyone have any tips on how to best exploit this type of Gov.? I thought i'd be able to produce a ton of oil and sell it off, but oil isn't selling and the lower income is killingmy defenses. I'm being triple tapped left right and center.
-MrRedManbhs

Viceroy Game profile

Jul 15th 2010, 15:08:56

Sell oil for less? Sorry, I've not heard of any viable oiler strats, nor do I expect to until we can sell oil on our private market or get tech to increase what we can produce. Fascists seem to be used almost exclusively for farming, with some nice Ag related bonuses. Maybe try changing to that?

I tried being a Fascist Farmer once, but it didn't fit my style of play - a fact confirmed by my final NW. Maybe its just not your style either.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Mrredmanbhs Game profile

Jul 15th 2010, 15:14:54

I'm thinking not and just about willing to switch Gov types to something else and sacraficing whatever losses may come with the "revolt".
-MrRedManbhs

snawdog Game profile

Jul 15th 2010, 15:45:24

Or you could stay as a Fasc and rebuild your rigs as farms along with buying Ag tech?
ICQ 364553524
msn

joedro Game profile

Jul 16th 2010, 4:54:52

i agree with the both of them
Team: recruit me

Alliance: recruit me
contact- - pm right here will work just fine tho

afaik Game profile

Jul 16th 2010, 16:25:57

what snawdog said...

the strength of fasc farmer is being able to sell via pm @ $32, or on the market if food prices/1.06 is greater than $32... the flexibility is great in exploiting the booms but having a reliable netting fallback that doesn't depend on the market.

it is also a stronger strat in the second half of the set when people start stocking and food prices rise.

on a downside you don't make much early on until you get your tech levels up.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 17th 2010, 16:18:16

I'm also testing out the Fasc government on this server, well because I've never played it before. I'm currently a farmer as this is the safe(er) strat to play. Oil can be a risky business on a small server because demand may not be there and if there isn't much demand you're screwed because you cannot dump the oil on your PM for a guaranteed price. Being a farmer is nice because like afaik said you have a back fall of $32 per bushel provided you didn't buy any military tech.

Tech is important because you can more than double your production however I've found that the Agricultural tech market has been kind of shallow. Luckily if the Agricultural tech market is empty you can still buy business and residential (although AG tech is priority #1) which will still benefit you through lower expenses and hopefully a positive cash flow.

In this server its more of a challenge to get the proper tech levels because you have to concentrate on military more than you would on the Alliance server, where tag protection plays a role. You must find two good allies (two other people with similar military levels in the same type of units as you. I.E. if you have 500,000 turrets your allies need to also have 500,000 turrets to maximize the benefit for you and your ally. Having two good allies will boost your defense by 50% thus allowing you to have a few less units than otherwise. Being a farmer you must survive the early game dominance of the Indies until you can out grow them.