Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2021, 22:07:20

I think fake nicks became mod discretion a while ago. You cant just make and post with a nick now you need to get it approved. And a mod can say no for any reason.

I've never seen them used for whistleblowing, but they were totally getting abused by players impersonating other players and using them to shield the identity of suiciders and griefers. This is their primary efficacy and I think everyone here knows it. The day I see someone use it for whistleblowing I guess I'll be like "ahhh ok slag was right." Just because it never has happened doesnt mean it won't lol.

Now that the leaderboards will be fixed and people will have totally open profiles going forward, I think it dramatically reduces the use it has for griefing because we will all know who you actually were after a set anyways. I do think the mods should have some control over it tho because it was totally getting out of hand.

If you want to get it approved, you probably just have to find the one mod or dev who thinks you suiciding on a fake nick is hilarious and doesnt cause them more drama and headaches. Prime will still approve them to attack someones personal politics or life. You just have to ask the right one. You really gotta find one who doesnt care if they make someone rage out in the game tho, because they're primarily only used for toxic reasons, and the mod pretty much knows that going into approving it haha. It's pretty much like asking the mod if they want a bunch of suicider drama and griefer witch hunts and people tracing scoreslists and other toxic stuff. Like idk. Usually not.

I think that its theoretically good that they could still approve of people who are using it for something like whistleblowing. That sounds right to me. But I do think you should have a reason other than to grief.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Feb 10th 2021, 22:25:44
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit