Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 9th 2021, 1:00:57

Originally posted by Gerdler:
umm? is this a problem?

Yeah, they are wasting money because the market will auto buy anything at $1000 or lower in express. If we want them to retal then we need to stop wasting money. I would also argue that pricing tech at $1001 is the worst possible price for express. One dollar less and it would be an auto sale. So it probably makes sense to provide some space between sell prices and the floor.

Don't get me wrong. I bought lots of weapons tech at $1050 or lower and it was a great investment. But that felt like I was taking advantage of the bots (assuming that they provided some of the volume).

Look at the code. They do. Based on the market price they are actually MUCH better at this than the average human techer. It would be good if they took in info about volume and historical prices but based on the information they have they tech the right techs.

I already had. There's some funny business going on there: https://github.com/...d70/techer_strat.php#L243

I don't know how PublicMarket::price works, but I'm assuming that it's $0 if the public market price is also $0. So if agri is bought out and there's 1 unit of medical tech for $1001 (withno sales), the bot will tech a lot more med tech than agri tech. There's also the chance for some techs to not be teched at all due to the rounding and the bot is biased towards SDI. I don't think that prices are so great for express. They can be anything at any given moment. Whenever I played turns as my farmer I seemed to buy out everything that I needed.

I'd rather just look at total volume sold over the past X hours. That isn't hard to do. If bots are there to serve the players then it makes sense to produce the tech that players need.

Thats a server with no bots and techer is only really viable there once every 2 years or so. I dont remember a techer winning actually. Chevs is bang on in his assessment for techer in 1a.

I'm not comfortable with bots having a second purpose to subsidize the techer strategy. If we want them to retal then they need to waste less money on stuff that doesn't help them. One way to do that is to buy less tech. If folks are saying that we can't reduce the tech buying but we also need to add retals, I don't know where that leaves us.

It also seems apparent that techer is way overpowered on express. I assume that bot tech over-demand is part of the issue. Why shouldn't that be addressed on the express server?