Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2021, 18:32:57

Deficit was a trillion per year by the end of 2019. I don't recall a single retrumplican saying anything about it then. If biden spends like 5 trillion but lowers the deficit to say....750 billion per year, we will have spent less money than trump was overall per year in a 20 year period.

Where was this talk during the tax cuts that created a 23 trillion dollar deficit? Does a different guy have to pay for those 23 trillion than Bidens 5?

The reason I consider myself moderate is because of my fiscal conservatism. And as far as trump vs Biden, I was looking at 2 guys who were both totally fine with running a 4 to 5 trillion dollar deficit the next 4 years so it didnt factor into my decision. Biden will have the opportunity to do a wealth or luxury tax so there's a chance he was the more positive choice, but the idea that trump was not going to run the same 5 trillion dollar deficit as biden just isnt so.

I agree with you 100%, but I just disagree that it's a Republican/Democrat thing anymore. Both of them run absurd deficits. Just seems a little weird to blame democrats when a Republican who just left office accelerated the national debt more than any president in US history. We all have a fine example of what a Republican running a trillion dollar deficit looks like nice and fresh.

In 2016 when trump won, the deficit was 587 billion. In just 3 years trump doubled that, and that was before the pamdemic. That's unprecedented. I donno who the hell is supposed to pay for it and I'm slightly irritated people just started giving a fluff now.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jan 26th 2021, 19:11:33
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit