Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 18th 2020, 19:16:50

https://www.fox29.com/...or-cuts-to-police-funding

It's Fox so it says an 8% cut to police in a budget that is overall reduced by 15% due to Rona is a major cut to police funding. We can agree to disagree on that. Lol.

But $33 million more into the arts, culture and reducing poverty, body cams for police, implicit bias training, mental health pros responding to mental health things, additional funding to the public defender, establishing a police oversight commission. Like damn.

Imma keep pushing for more until the budget passes, but that's like...a pretty solid win in my book if it stays that way. If it doesn't pass this way, I think the line will only move further towards my beliefs because of the large number of protesters. I'm not saying we changed the world over night looking at this thing, but compared to getting like $2 million for children in poverty last year being my big win, I'm calling it a complete success haha.

I'll be done protesting when the budget passes tho. I'm pragmatic enough to know that nothing dramatic will change between local budgets passing and the election. Nothing ever does in an election year.

Also Jack McNesby can kiss my ass. Lol. That's what your FOP chairman sounds like when he's losing. Lol

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jun 18th 2020, 19:30:57
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit