Verified:

SolidSnake Game profile

Jun 4th 2016, 20:28:43

Originally posted by Slagpit:
It's not a funny story. You just made it up. Since you want to hear funny stories I'll tell you one. Back when the game was still new a certain alliance accused the admins of changing the game rules to penalize them and to benefit someone else. We were still trying to be good game stewards back then so we did a full investigation. It turned out that the game functioned exactly how the alliance thought it used to work. Nothing was changed. The guy who failed a grab just did the math wrong. At the time I didn't realize that was the first in a string of hundreds of similarly baseless accusations from a loud-mouthed, destructive group of players.

On the subject of cheating, some players seem to have the idea that as long as you don't run multies anything that you do in the game or on the forums is okay. Not running multies is the bare minimum. There are many different types of cheating in this game. Some range from extremely destructive to arguably beneficial. There are also many different ways that players can interact with the community. Some of them are extremely destructive. It used to be disappointing to see the pride that some players take in being so destructive.

Um ok? I don't remember ever suggesting anything about attack formulas that was wrong, dr formulas were wrong which I told you and provided evidence of but apparently evidence but you know... why would you listen to me it's not like I knew anything about the game or anything.

There aren't really many different types of cheating, there are things within the game rules and things outside the game rules. There is unethical gameplay i.e. sending spies into other alliances, and things of that sort granted that was once common place again it was something I never did. If you think my time playing the game was destructive by positioning laf to the in the best possible place then I'd say you and me have differing views on what the game is.

My douchyness was political and grew my alliance (we went from what 4-5th? best alliance to the top alliance in the game both netgaining and warring, without anyone really close)
Your (and anon/kj can get grouped into this as well) douchyness was out of being sour with no thought to the impact it would have on your alliance, and took evo from a 70 odd member alliance with a relatively high standard to a tag that I wouldn't trust to beat a spam tag in a war.

You really want to argue I was destructive by warring you once and then giving you a three reset pact? Granted I ran a few more wars after that, but they were wars you got yourselves in while I was completely away from politics, that was just for the enjoyment of hearing your whine.

The people that destroyed the game were the ones thrust into leadership due to a lack of alternatives that didn't know how to run an alliance, and those that while capable were too bull headed to compromise for the benefit of their alliances. At least from when I last played LaF/SoF was the last power coalition, the fact that they ran the game for so long without much competition reflects badly on the people leading the rest of the server rather than the policies laf/sof undertook.