Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 31st 2010, 18:05:27

Originally posted by PraetorNLS:
SOL, off AT

Pang, ive told you before and i will again, i decided on this 3 days before it happened, we did not plan for it all set, LaFs grabbing of SOL caused this, nothing else.

I meant planning for a war at that timeframe, based on your country builds; not specifically a war against LaF. I should have clarified that, my bad.

If you didn't plan to war within that like 5-6 day window and you just lucked into it, that is some good luck! :p

Also, if you claim LaF's grabbing of SoL caused it -> you guys were up like 3k in the land exchange, and there were 5 hits made all set. That normally shouldn't equal war, I would think? :p
Also, you claimed we didn't return FR messages -- some of our heads said the same thing about you guys.... esp. you, so attempts to avoid this conflict definitely didn't happen. That's a courtesy you general extend to someone you consider a friend, which is how we were told SoL viewed LaF.

If you want to point to that as a reason to war, that's fine... it's better than most of SoL's (and every other alliance's) reasons to fight in the last few sets, and it's generally a positive direction for the server. But please don't put all the blame for the war on LaF, as it's not big bad LaF trying to farm you, it's just escalation of what is basically a small issue, to the point that one alliance felt it was worth fighting over, while the other one didn't.

I don't appreciate you trying to play it off as this is all LaF's fault, as SoL didn't do much of anything to try to avoid this war or even salvage relations with someone who you still felt was "like a DP, but with no pact" :p

You can just say "SoL was looking for a war, LaF gave us somewhat of a reason, so we hit them" which is pretty much what I've been saying all thread on the subject....

Regardless of how we got here, we're here now so let's see how it plays out :p

Edited By: Pang on Aug 31st 2010, 19:27:17
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com