Verified:

Supertodd Game profile

Nov 15th 2013, 1:34:15

I don't know whether any of you will actually know for certain the answers to any of these questions, but they're things I'm curious about, since the insurance commissioner of my state (WA) today announced that he won't let Obama's change derail tyranny here (IE: He won't allow our insurance companies to continue to sell us the products we ****ing want)

As I've previously mentioned, the "Affordable" Care Act was set to double my health insurance costs. An increase of more than $5,000 per year. So, for a brief couple of hours today, I was quite happy thinking I'd be allowed to continue to make MY OWN DAMN DECISIONS for another year... then our petty tyrant here made his announcement. Now I'm livid again.

So now, I'm toying with the idea of establishing residency in a state which has no income tax (like mine) and still believes in freedom (unlike mine) in order to avoid getting fleeced on insurance in 2014. Here come the questions:

Question 1: I'm not exactly clear on it, but it sort of sounds like perhaps only people who *already had* a "substandard" plan can keep that *very same* plan. Is that correct, or would an insurance company in another state be allowed to sell me a perfectly good "substandard" plan which suits my needs?

Question 2: How long does it take to establish residency in say.. Nevada or Texas? Would I even be able to do so before Lord Obama's mandate kicks in this January?

Question 3: What exactly would I need to do in order to establish residency in one of those states. Obviously, I'm not going to rent an apartment I don't use in another state just to save myself 5k per year on my insurance bill, but could I buy a small chunk of land, put a cheap trailer (or hell.. a tent) on it, and declare that this is now my home? If I found a cheap piece of land that will hold it's value for a year, this would make financial sense.

I think those are my only three questions. As I drink more and become more angry, there may be more questions :)

And oh yeah.. Bonus!

Edited By: Supertodd on Nov 15th 2013, 1:39:08
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit