Verified:

Brink Game profile

Jun 23rd 2012, 3:41:00

Fazer,

Many alliances have been divisions or spin offs of an established alliance. Very, very few alliances actually start from scratch.

I am sure I am wrong in this, but I would guess that LCN, OMEGA, and MONSTERS are the only true, brand new at the time start up alliances, and they all came out in the late 90s. And I'm not exactly sure that MONSTERS wasn't a spin off or groups of already experienced players?

SoF was basically the Alphas of Omega. SOL was a " division" in UCN. RD was established players in other alliances. RAGE has been a division. TIE has been a division. The bulk of PDM came from an alliance called Camelot. I think NeoFed was Red, but they have been divisions in other alliances. A TON of LCN's current strength comes from an Alliance/division named EEvil, the rest of their strength comes from the ghost of Griffey.

The list goes on and on. There is no shame in being a division to build a power base, it's pretty par for the course.

I ran a brand new, successful, start up alliance in the 90s. It took every free hour I had for over a year. Staying up way into the night to try and schmooze the Koreans and the Chinese. Crazy members, hurting the whole without a seconds thought.

I know EXACTLY what it was like to take a bunch of inexperienced, rookies, newbies and build a successful alliance. If you want to know, the secret was more guys than just me who would give of themselves whatever it took instead of just taking. You need a Ravi, and a Servant, and an Assman, and so many others, but that's a story for another day.

Find an alliance who plays the way you envision you want to play, and be a division for 2 sets, then strike out on your own with knowledge, experience, and built in relations.

Edited By: Brink on Jun 23rd 2012, 3:43:45
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit