Verified:

mrford Game profile

Feb 12th 2011, 6:06:46

Not to mention the motorsports aspect of it. The HUNDREDS of people what research, develop, fabricate, assemble, and finish the cars. The pit crew members that service the car during pit stops, 4 tires, full tank of gas, any adjustments needed, clean the grill, take off a windshield tearoff, SUVs the driver a drink, get the tires back over the wall before the car is allowed to leave, in only 12 secconds, all while only 7 people are allowed over the wall. if they make one mistake causing even a seccond delay on pit road you can lose a ton of positions on the track.

Let's also not forget the spotter, who is the drivers eyes and ears, let's him know who is around him, where to go to avoid wrecks, and what lines the other drivers are taking. If that communication breaks down your day ia over.

Almost forgot about the crew cheif that ties everyone together, makes strategy decisions like when to pit, what adjustments to make on the car. Does it need a track bar adkistment? What about a round of wedge? Maybe it just needs a quarter of a PSI on the right side tires.

fluff man. I guess they really do just go in circles. Why have I been a fan all these years! Thanks for opening my eyes.

Edited By: mrford on Feb 12th 2011, 6:11:28
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford