Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 14th 2024, 2:35:48

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Originally posted by DerrickICN:
In fairness, I’d very much not like to repeat Somalia and interfere in a democratic election. I know this sounds crazy, but I tend to support the results of elections and not support those who protest them. I consider that pretty anti-democratic, and we’re all familiar with my thoughts on Jan 6. It’s a bad look. Same feelings with Trumps post inauguration protests. Trying to stop democracy is yuk.

I have fond feelings about overthrowing a govt, protesting an govt, etc. I think it creates counterpoints and legislation that responds. On the same hand I have kind of very non-fond feelings about overthrowing an election result. If you lose an election and like try to blow up buildings because you lost legitimately….idk.

I think timing is important and I don’t necessarily support folks denying an election result either. I think context is important and I don’t support folks generally denying their elections. So I’m like pro-Thailand independence. I’m just not pro-Thailand rejecting a democratic election result and I think that’s what that old man is tryna say.

No, you're trying to cover for him, I suppose you're enjoying paying more for groceries too, I'm curious to hear how you candy coat that.

On this, I’d just be curious what about Joe Biden you think raises gas prices and such. Presidents kinda are extremely low impact on the economy and a conservative congress would typically be more to blame. Or OPEC or whatever…

It’s not like Joe Biden comes out of a Genie bottle and goes “AND NOW BREAD IS $5” and all the bread companies change their prices, right?

Both the highest and lowest gas prices based on inflation occurred during trump. I remember his first year+ when inflation was rapid because the economy was booming and gas prices were near $6, republicans mentioning repeatedly that Trump doesn’t control gas prices. They seemed to forget this fact when they plummeted to $2 because exports stopped during Covid and said “SEE CHEAPER GAS,” meanwhile our GDP was shrinking to a third of what it was in his first quarter.

If prices are going up I think it typically means demand is up so a president has a solid economy…

I’m not not suggesting price capping essential goods, but I do think you’re mistaking supply and demand from corporations as something a president has any control of.

If people are able to pay $6 for gas, as president I think you’re succeeding. Unfortunately. I’ll be the first to say housing, goods, services, food, gas, etc was all high af during Trumps first quarter and also the first to say I could afford all of that. It’s plainly a sign of a thriving economy, again, unfortunately.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jan 14th 2024, 2:47:03
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit