Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 14th 2024, 2:17:34

In fairness, I’d very much not like to repeat Somalia and interfere in a democratic election. I know this sounds crazy, but I tend to support the results of elections and not support those who protest them. I consider that pretty anti-democratic, and we’re all familiar with my thoughts on Jan 6. It’s a bad look. Same feelings with Trumps post inauguration protests when everyone who wrote in Bernie and allowed Trump to win got mad and protested a boomer real estate mogul sexual deviant to run the country. Trying to stop democracy is yuk. Like, you can protest the guy but protesting the voting is bad bad. You look stupid doing that.

I have fond feelings about overthrowing a govt, protesting an govt, etc. I think it creates counterpoints and legislation that responds. On the same hand I have kind of very non-fond feelings about overthrowing an election result. If you lose an election and like try to blow up buildings because you lost legitimately….idk.

I think timing is important and I don’t necessarily support folks denying an election result either. I think context is important and I don’t support folks generally denying their elections. So I’m like pro-Thailand independence. I’m just not pro-Thailand rejecting a democratic election result and I think that’s what that old man is tryna say.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jan 14th 2024, 2:24:11
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit