Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2023, 20:56:14

It seems like capitalist forces drive the disdain more than the community itself. This is interesting to me, and not something I'd really considered, but it makes sense.

I hate Christmas music and am not a Christian. However, I don't feel like Christians are to blame for "shoving Christmas down everyone's throat" starting at the end of October. In fact, most Christans will not be having any conversations with me about Santa or resurrection, it's almost exclusively stores that make me feel that way. It would be insane to blame the "Christian movement" instead of the "capitalist machine" for the actions of department stores. No one actually listens to Mariah Carey for 4 months straight in their homes. I think, for even Christians, the capitalist side of Christmas is actually pretty annoying, and it's a good time to try to avoid commercial businesses. It's not like a bunch of gays are hanging out in the Pride aisle at CVS, similarly.

I think blaming the gay community for CVS having a Pride aisle this month is VERRRRY SIMILAR to blaming Christians for CVS playing bad music and having a Christmas aisle 5 months from now. It seems you ACTUALLY have a problem with corporations using a particular demographic moreso than the actions of the community itself, but mind it significantly less when it's something you believe in.

In other words, I think we all agree. I share your opinions albeit about a different holiday and the direction of my disdain is, I think correctly, only at capitalism and corporations rather than a community.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jun 2nd 2023, 21:07:51
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit