Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 13th 2023, 23:16:24

It depends. Let's say you apply to a 3rd party site using a fake nick and get accepted to that site and gain access to war plans and make them public. That to me makes you a dirty spy, and is something that has happened...idk....a hundred or so times. It's not cheating, I just personally wouldn't do it. I also personally was never in RD, never ran multies, never used bots, never used a fake nick to gain info, and never had the desire to do so, because I like to play it square. I think people respect that, and respect is all I aim to achieve by being trustworthy.

Can you break an unbreakable pact and break the decorum in the game? For sure you can. I've never liked to break a pact I signed, but I've been a part of a few pacts falling apart, and I lost the respect of some for it.

That said, there are current players who have in the past done these sort of things. Two former LaF/RD members named TurtleCrawler and Hanlong were banned from the game for hacking third party clan hosting sites. It's pretty clear to me the difference between the two and is not so much a grey line.

That said, and I know you don't believe it, but darkness didn't invent the tools they use for war. They borrow them just like yo do. War bots and 3rd party sites are all pretty secure these days. Only ever seen one used for that once and it was 15 years ago, and the person got caught and outed almost immediately. If they had that capacity, all the vets would know.

As far as your Slippery Slope Logical Fallacy argument, the line more or less stops at legal. I'm glad you could add Slippery Slope to your repertoire of logical fallacies. We've already hit the Straw Man and Ad Hominem enough. Glad we could add another fallacy to the picnic basket, but I think the answer is fairly obvious.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Feb 13th 2023, 23:49:34
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit