Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 13th 2023, 19:35:57

I'm not giving very detailed responses, BH, because it's very difficult to understand how politics run parallel to the game, often in opposition to it. Old heads in this game invented pacts, alliances, spies, etc.

We had treaties that were not in game. We had politics that were not in game. Some examples of old pacts:

NAP (Non-Aggression pact): Alliances agree not to hit each other. However, if you declare war on a greater ally, it supercedes this pact.

uNAP (Unbreakable NAP): Same as NAP, but cannot be superceded in cases of war

FDP (Full Defensive Pact): When attacked during a set, your ally is required to help you barring any Unbreakable pacts that cannot be superceded.

--------

These are not listed anywhere in game, and are not part of the game. Theyre only part of the meta thats existed for decades. Foreign affairs chiefs from each tag used to work out long long long form rules governing how they interacted with each other. And these rules were more important than any rules listed in-game. And again. This does not exist in game. Is that cheating to you? Or is that just the politics of the game running parallel rather than within the game.

The game itself is just a bunch of numbers we stack up and that's really all it provides. The whole of the politics, espionage, sabotage, conspiracy etc exists outside of that. You've had at least a dozen people here say they think you're an old player faking identity. Do you understand why people would claim that? It's because it happens. And it's part of the game.

At the height of earth 2025, every single clan had fake identities or worse, bots and multies. The whole of the game AND the meta are sooooo much cleaner than they were in the old days. I know it can be frustrating and annoying to vet members, but it used to be waaaay worse.

Leading in this game is a lot lot lot more than just calling out the top dog and saying you're gonna put them under your boot and recruiting and learning mechanics. Foreign relations are key. Internal affairs are key. Keeping your alliance politically safe is key. Vetting members is key.

The good clans have gone thru exactly what you're going thru now, and came out stronger and better for it, evolved to play within the meta, and won their wars both politically outside of the game as well as mechanically in-game. When I said you were going to run into a wall and not be able to adapt, I was NOT talking about your ability to get a kill or finish decently well within the in-game mechanics, which you seemed to take it as. I was talking about this. This thing that is near impossible for me to describe, but that makes this game this game. You'll never find a game that makes you eat your dumb words and moves more. In fact, you can have to regret them for years. The turns come every 15 minutes, but the politicking never stops. The game EE we login to and spend 10% of our time playing with is just a framework for a larger politics/conspiracy/social experiment/espionage/conspiracy game that is as lawless as real world leaders face today.

In the American Revolution, Benedict Arnold didn't CHEAT. It was a war!!!! And as the saying goes, alls fair in war.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Feb 13th 2023, 19:46:40
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit