Verified:

BlackHole Game profile

Feb 13th 2023, 10:05:20

Derrick - SFBob -

I know ya'll would try to claim it's part of the game. I was told not to bring this to the forums for that very reason.

Just because others have done it before doesn't make it not cheating at a very basic level.

I'm glad we can all agree on what's happened, I thought that was going to be the hard part. Getting Coalie to admit to what he did. Since he's admitted it, I only need to show why it is cheating now. So let me try again.

We are playing a game. Games have rules. Chess, Hide N' Seek, Football, Connect 4, Trivia Games at the bar. They all have rules.

And you play within the confines of those rules. You play with the mechanics of the game, the way they were built.

Pick any game you want. And let's lay out this exact same scenario.

If we were playing a game of risk. And teams developed in the game. And the players split into two sides, you might have people making arguments for why you should join one side or the other, you might have people switching sides within the game. That's all fine. You might have people backstab others. That's fine.

What you wouldn't have is someone creating a fake phone #, pretending to be someone he's not, and then using the information he gained that way to his advantage.

Pick another game. You're playing basketball. You don't have one person assuming a fake identity, joining the coaching staff of another team, and then using that info to benefit the first team.

Pick a third game. Let's say you're playing chess at a high level and preparing for your match in a championship. You wouldn't hide a video camera in the other teams facility and record them practicing their openings. That fluff would get you banned from the sport.

Why are all these things considered cheating in all of these examples? Because it violates the spirit of the game. There is no part of this game that involves me running discord profiles past IT departments to check the veracity and history of said profile.

This 'it's espionage' is completely ridiculous. You want espionage? The mechanics for it exist right there in the game. There are 30 fluffing espionage acts you can take. Including LITERALLY spying.

Spying outside the game and circumventing the rules and mechanics of the game itself IS cheating. Ya'll may be able to sit here and tell me the history of the game, or why certain strategies work better than others. But this.... this isn't something you can lecture me on. This is basic common sense.

It IS cheating, plain and simple. Just because you all accept that you're going to cheat doesn't make it not cheating, it just makes the community toxic AF.

Beyond all that - EVEN IF you wanted to claim it wasn't cheating (which it is)....

Why in the world do you guys feel the need to pull this crap against an alliance of NEW PLAYERS. You knew from the get go you were going to win the war. We didn't even know HOW to war at the start. But you still thought this was necessary?

Ya'll lectured me up and down this board about making the game fun for others. I got lectured about not ABing people out of protection, as it makes the war a slog and it makes people not want to play. I've been lectured about not hitting netters, cause it'll just drive them out of the game. I've been lectured about not suiciding, cause it's just ruining the game for other people. And rightly so. All those points have validity to them, to an extent.

But you're going to claim that creating fake discord profiles, lying about your identity, misleading other players outside the game, all of this... That's not ruining the game for other people? You're going to try to sell me on THIS being ok, while all the previous things I mentioned, things that are literal mechanics of the game is not ok?

Derrick - You're going to have to do a whole hell of a lot more explaining if you expect me to buy that. Please square that circle for me, cause I can't see how there is any logical consistency to any of that.