Verified:

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 16:24:19

http://www.godhatesfags.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/...i/Westboro_Baptist_Church

is this even legally or morally recognized anywhere as a christian church? personally, i think they were dropped on their heads while their momma's were switching their bibles at birth, but i can't properly document that fact as of yet.

i think what they are actually practicing should be called HelluvaNuttism, and that people should shout "HelluvaNutt!!!" three times loudly whenever they are encountered. kinda like yelling "Fire, Fire, Fire", so that people are aware there are HelluvaNutts around, just to keep the public aware and safe from accidental exposure. please don't do it in any theaters or cinemas just for the sake of it because we don't want people panicing in the dark and accidently engaging in sexual activity.

There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

braden Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 16:35:38

"displaying picket signs criticizing him for being a "lying false prophet" and "leading millions of people astray."

i think these people are forgetting about the whole let jesus and his old man do the judging, while you yourself sit there living a loving, accepting life?

otherwise, wait for it.. you're as bad if not worse than who it is you're hating.

he'll burn in hell for being a "false prophet" and you'll burn in hell for presuming to know what God wants.

me? I'll be in heaven with the angels

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 17th 2011, 19:46:01

and I'll be in hell throwing stink bombs at you! :-)

braden Game profile

Jan 18th 2011, 2:46:43

pfft, gravity and jesus's love for me would stop you

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 18th 2011, 3:08:56

i fail to grasp what they are trying to achieve.

Fooglmog Game profile

Jan 18th 2011, 4:25:36

Dragonlance, they're not trying to achieve anything. They're literally exactly the same as the worst kind of internet troll. Hell, I think the term "troll" applies perfectly to what they do.

The entire appeal behind trolling is that it makes one feel powerful. Basically, if you can predict another person's response, you can make the claim (either to yourself or to someone else) that you "want" the person to react in the manner you expect them to. Then, when you provoke them, and they react in the manner you predicted, you suddenly have the feeling of having caused that to happen. In other words, you've taken "control" of their life -- and the more powerful that reaction, the more powerful the troll feels.

To take control of the life of another individual is the ultimate form of power.

What they fail to realize, however, is that you can't actually control something unless you can make them do whatever you want. If I can make a person sing, do gymnastics, be happy, be sad... and anything else I can think of -- that's when I actually have control. As soon as you realize that you want them to do something and can't make them, you're robbed of that feeling.

This is why it's so convenient for this group to be so ideologically pure. They can delude themselves into thinking that the reaction they're getting is the only one they could want. As a result, they never have to face the deflating fact that they can't actually make the person do anything else and, therefore, don't actually control that person.

In the case of internet trolls, this same phenomenon will usually take the form of "I'm helping him see the truth" or some such bullfluff.

There's no goal, they just want to feel powerful. But they have to lie to themselves to get that feeling, which ultimately only proves how powerless they are.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Fooglmog Game profile

Jan 18th 2011, 4:31:18

Oh, I suppose there is one difference. Internet trolls, you can usually ignore. They don't have enough of an ability to choose the circumstance in which they attack you.

These people show up at places where their targets are most vulnerable. The funerals of their loved ones. There's no way we can expect people to ignore them under those circumstances... and therefore no effective defence -- as anything we do in response will simply feed their "we made them do it" mentality and make them feel even more powerful.

So, while I have little sympathy for most victims of internet trolling, I have nothing but sympathy for those targeted by this group.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 18th 2011, 4:41:02

Originally posted by Fooglmog:
Dragonlance, they're not trying to achieve anything. They're literally exactly the same as the worst kind of internet troll. Hell, I think the term "troll" applies perfectly to what they do.

They should legislate them to only be allowed under bridges! And they have to have long, fluorescent, gravity-defying hair.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 18th 2011, 7:16:31

Well, they're moving in the right direction....relegating them to radio:

http://www.cbn.com/...t-Tucson-Victims-Funeral/

I gotta think those are some pretty angry people in general. I can't see being ok with doing what they were doing unless they were carrying around some real issues in dealing with things.

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 18th 2011, 21:03:53

Meh...those are the sort of people that make me wish I could just shove a meteor in the general direction of their 'church'. It's mostly a family thing, so maybe a microwave overdose should be enough...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 18th 2011, 21:36:13

these people make me sad and angry. And then sad again about how angry they make me heh. Don't click on their website, they get money from ads/clicks or whatever...

Klown Game profile

Jan 18th 2011, 21:36:47

This is why I despise Protestants. With no hierarchy and no authority, such as that which the Holy Father provides, you get buffoons like these that claim to be a Christian church when they are more comparable to the KKK.

BigRedDog

Jan 18th 2011, 23:30:36

Originally posted by Klown:
This is why I despise Protestants. With no hierarchy and no authority, such as that which the Holy Father provides, you get buffoons like these that claim to be a Christian church when they are more comparable to the KKK.

yeah how dare they have the freedom to worship and believe in what way they want..why cant they be like all other religions...

(not meant to be directed at Westboro, i hate them, i meant every other church)

braden Game profile

Jan 18th 2011, 23:39:07

fluffing protestants, it is their fault

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 13:20:25

Originally posted by braden:

If you Catholics hadn't threatened excommunication/death to people that didn't follow your rules exactly, yet flaunted your sins with your 'indulgences', we wouldn't be in this mess.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 19:09:44

BRD - I think the freedom to practice religion as you see fit ends at deliberately fluffing with other people in an effort to physically, mentally, or emotionally harm them.

Of course, that's just a personal opinion.

Jan 19th 2011, 19:22:35

his point was valid because Klown addressed it to all protestants.

even specifically excluded the practicing HelluvaNutts previously mentioned.

braden Game profile

Jan 19th 2011, 21:51:50

i am so not a catholic i'm pretty sure you just insulted all of them

i don't even know how much of a presbyterian i am (i go to a presbyterian church, am not technically a "member" and fully believe the planet is four billion years old)

jesus loves me, and i'd be a fool to deny him that.

i was agreeing with you.

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 20th 2011, 0:44:03

What's worse?

What Westboro does?

Or what catholic priests have been proven to routeinely do to young children?

I'll take neither thanks and keep steering clear of religion:p

Jan 20th 2011, 0:59:15

Originally posted by Dragonlance:
What's worse?

What Westboro does?

i don't particularly see where i'm required to choose between 2 evils done by man, when it comes to following the Word of God.

Edited By: Dibs Ludicrous on Jan 20th 2011, 1:02:28. Reason: don't ring ma buzza!
See Original Post

Fooglmog Game profile

Jan 20th 2011, 3:36:33

When did this game become so religious? I remember back in the day when there were great debates on the subject, but everyone on the forums except for 2 or 3 people seemed to be the most ardent of atheists.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 20th 2011, 3:53:22

????? foog?

you mean only 2-3 athiests? or 2-3 religious people?

Fooglmog Game profile

Jan 20th 2011, 4:24:52

Everyone on the forums, except for 2 or 3 people, seemed to be the most ardent of atheists.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 20th 2011, 4:37:48

"when did this game become so religious?"

so how does everyone becoming athiests make the game more religious?

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 20th 2011, 5:10:31

I think he's mostly referring to braden's bromance with Jesus.

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 20th 2011, 5:16:21

I see.

My only bromance is to my fellow REAL bros.

Klown Game profile

Jan 20th 2011, 5:20:26

Originally posted by BigRedDog:

yeah how dare they have the freedom to worship and believe in what way they want..why cant they be like all other religions...

(not meant to be directed at Westboro, i hate them, i meant every other church)

... At no point did I call into question anyone's freedom of religion.

Klown Game profile

Jan 20th 2011, 5:22:09

What's worse?

What Westboro does?

What's worse, what multiple Australians have done to young children or what Westboro does? I'll stay clear of Australians.

Klown Game profile

Jan 20th 2011, 5:23:47

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Originally posted by braden:

If you Catholics hadn't threatened excommunication/death to people that didn't follow your rules exactly, yet flaunted your sins with your 'indulgences', we wouldn't be in this mess.

Sadly, this is what many Protestants groups do now.

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 20th 2011, 5:28:23

Substitute protestant for westboro.

braden Game profile

Jan 20th 2011, 15:14:15

give me that old time religion, give me that old time religion, give me that old time religion, it is good enough for me

it will take us all to heaven, it will take us all to heaven, it will take us all to heaven, and its good enough for me

I was thirteen at the time, foog. a little out matched by the giants of at at the time (college students/ adults/ far smarter than i am even today, let alone at thirteen)

that doesn't, however, mean jesus doesn't love you, too. or now3p too, but i think he's reconsidering that one :P

Fooglmog Game profile

Jan 20th 2011, 18:03:46

"when did this game become so religious?"

so how does everyone becoming athiests make the game more religious?

It doesn't, but that's not what I said. Pay attention to tenses. I even changed the punctuation to make my meaning clearer -- though grammatically my original post only had one possible correct interpretation as well.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 20th 2011, 20:22:06

braden - until he lets me eat his delicious spaghetti tentacles, he's just gonna have to be a secret admirer?

j/k - no offense intended, religion just isn't my cup of tea.

braden Game profile

Jan 20th 2011, 22:46:25

you aren't going to offend me, not based off of attacking religion at least. i would likely agree with you on most of what you said.

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 20th 2011, 23:21:44

I'm australian, i don't have grammar.

Jan 21st 2011, 17:33:03

Originally posted by Fooglmog:
When did this game become so religious? I remember back in the day when there were great debates on the subject, but everyone on the forums except for 2 or 3 people seemed to be the most ardent of atheists.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

well, back in the day, it was much easier for the atheists to create multiple forum accounts to subvert the righteous with their messages of non-belief. plus i think most of the great religious debates involved callypigian and khan, but i could be mistaken.

Tin Man

Jan 21st 2011, 22:07:52

fluffpissfluffflufffluffsuckermotherfluffertitsfartturdandfluff ... just wondering how the filter will handle this...

Jan 21st 2011, 22:10:40

Originally posted by Tin Man:
fluffpissfluffflufffluffsuckermotherfluffertitsfartturdandfluff ... just wondering how the filter will handle this...

your mother.

Tin Man

Jan 21st 2011, 22:11:42

let's play a game... name that artist!

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 22:15:02

I hope you don't kiss your mother with that mouth :-P

George Carlin

Tin Man

Jan 21st 2011, 22:25:28

nope.. just yours ;) buuuuuuuuuuuurn

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 21st 2011, 22:27:19

hmm...thought I was the only one around here that was into necro lubbins.

Tin Man

Jan 21st 2011, 22:35:55

menage a trois avec la mere morte FTW

Edited By: Tin Man on Jan 21st 2011, 22:39:15
See Original Post

Jan 21st 2011, 22:44:07

menage a trois avec la mere morte FTW

my french might be a bit off, but i'm pretty sure you didn't mention how much you were willing to pay to engage in that absurd activity.

Tin Man

Jan 21st 2011, 23:04:15

I dunno Google Translator ain't all it's cracked up to be I guess =/

bru

Mar 7th 2011, 19:04:57

bunch of asses they are

Pain Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 19:52:06

this is just more proof that religion is retarded.

does anyone else see the issue with people doing things like this in "the name of god"

i bet the person/people who ivented the idea of god/jesus would be ROFLing right now if they were still alive.
Your mother is a nice woman

Forgotten

Mar 7th 2011, 20:52:56

christianity is evil,
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Klown Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 3:55:13

Originally posted by Pain:

does anyone else see the issue with people doing things like this in "the name of god"

i bet the person/people who ivented the idea of god/jesus would be ROFLing right now if they were still alive.

You're in a very small minority and going against the overwhelming majority of scholars if you think Jesus didn't exist.

Pain Game profile

Mar 8th 2011, 10:10:45

Originally posted by Pain:

You're in a very small minority and going against the overwhelming majority of scholars if you think Jesus didn't exist.

oh im sure someone named jesus lived many thousands of years ago, but he wasnt a god.

religion is a great false hope for alot of people i guess.
Your mother is a nice woman