Verified:

Revolver Game profile

Aug 22nd 2011, 18:47:49

He died today after losing a fight against cancer.

The guy achieved the almost impossible in last canadian elections. Also, for many in Quebec, he is the man who got us rid of the Bloc Quebecois that the majority of Quebec's people were getting tired of since the separation starts to be considered as an exhausted subject.

He wasn't behaving like a typical politician and that's all to his credit.

R.I.P. Jack Layton.

Terror Game profile

Aug 23rd 2011, 1:29:54

I'm pretty ignorant of the politics of Quebec, but I am aware as an American that decisions made there may affect all of Canada and in turn the United States.

I've been to Quebec and it is a distinctly different culture. I find it distressing that French people seem to hate French Canadians.

It's a sort of bigotry that doesn't get a lot of press, but hate is still hate.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 24th 2011, 0:26:01

fyi although Jack Layton is from montreal, he spent most of his life in Toronto initially on the city council and later in federal politics. During the last two elections he became immensely popular in quebec for his stand on a multitude of social and economic issues. He also allowed for the NDP to pick up support in Ontario and BC and to a lesser extent in Saskatchewan and Alberta.

Him and his wife were/are well respected during their time in municipal politics as well as when they moved over to federal politics.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

savior Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 4:41:27

RIP
Discipline is the Key to Success.
MD for Life.

Revolver Game profile

Aug 27th 2011, 7:59:41

Wherever the guy lived.. it doesn't matter. He tried to make things better.. and I think he did. Its a rare man of politics we have here.

iOsiris Game profile

Sep 5th 2011, 14:23:44

RIP, he was a good guy