Verified:

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 20:30:29

does anybody have any experience or knowledge about using system restore or how to reformat a Dell computer that i didn't get Windows 7 install cds for?

i don't have a plan for a full system crash and restore for my Duo. if you have the time and want to be a bit verbose.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 20:56:00

i think at bios has ability to do system restore back to factore defaults, you could try burn those recovery cd/dvds and burn that recovery partition cd/dvd.

also you could try call to dell's help service and ask recovery discs (if you get those it costs some bucks).

p.s. DELL=HELL

Edited By: Marshal on Feb 22nd 2011, 21:29:41
See Original Post
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Feb 21st 2011, 21:26:22

well, i used the program Dell installed to create my recovery CDs. meh, forget what it was called... DataSafe Backup?

i'm kinda curious as to whether i would've been able to do the same thing with Win7, i saw an option to create a recovery cd while i was frying DVDs that i thought i was backing up my Xena videos to.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 22nd 2011, 21:30:40

most likely yes.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Evolution Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 4:08:04

Originally posted by Marshal:
most likely yes.

Win7 has a feature and so do most computers you buy from companies like HP and Dell.

The HP program is funny, as says you can only create the disks once, but if you cancel the process after the dvd's are burnt it will let you keep making them :X

Of course I just went to my employer and bought Win7 ultimate for 15 through them :X
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.