Verified:

NukEvil Game profile

May 8th 2010, 0:43:28

Where exactly is the insult in calling someone a 'douche'?

I mean, if I understand correctly, 'douche' is another term for anything used to stop the flow of blood, usually used "down there" during a female's menstrual cycle. I would have thought that calling someone else a 'douche', when used in that context, would be like telling that someone that he/she has/gets more vagina than the one calling the names (even if it's during 'that time of the month'). Which wouldn't be much of an insult at all, I would think.

Is it just the sound of the word itself? 'Douche'...'DOUCHE!!!!'

I don't get it. Someone enlighten me please. Preferably in a method that doesn't involve someone's post getting deleted.

thx

Edited By: NukEvil on May 8th 2010, 0:44:42
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Just A Thought TAM Game profile

May 8th 2010, 0:45:50

"Douchebag, or simply douche, is considered to be a pejorative term. The slang usage of the term originated in the 1960s.[6] The term refers to a person, usually male, with a variety of negative qualities, specifically arrogance and engaging in obnoxious and/or irritating actions without malicious intent."

And it's not used to stop the flow, but as a cleaning tool for the inside of the vagina. However, excessive cleaning "interferes with both the vagina's normal self-cleaning and with the natural bacterial culture of the vagina, and it might spread or introduce infections"

NukEvil Game profile

May 8th 2010, 1:16:34

Oook...so the slang usage just popped up out of nowhere like 50 years ago, and people are still using it in that context...

When the "all your base r belong to us" only lasted like 20 years or so...

Ok. I know enough now. thx.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Rico Game profile

May 8th 2010, 1:34:08

"douche" is actually short for "douchebag"

The bag never touches the inside of a vagina.