Verified:

Deerhunter Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 7:37:17

Ozzite
Dude, seriously why keep this crap up when you slip in and our of 3rd person, we all know who you are.

Now please do this:

1) Find a Gun
2) Put it to your temple
3)
4) Profit

You fill in the rest

PS: Pull the trigger

Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

why are messages like this fine with admins and yes if i dont like someone and wish thier country dead i get a ban for a day??? Seems like there is some major biases here-

or was this message just missed? Im not going to carp any more about it- id just like to know why the double standard. I think its a reasonable question.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Deerhunter Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 7:38:11

this guy was clearly telling someone to kill themselves and offering how.
I shall fear no retals,

Pain Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 7:48:43

even if he killed himself, he still has 3 more personas to live through.

and deerhunter you got banned for saying something in AT that i didnt see before it got deleted but youre a repeat offender and were warned multiple times to stop therefore you got a ban.
Your mother is a nice woman

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 11:10:16

That Ozzite guys is a real ass

Is there some rule on the forum that says we have to be nice to people when they are acting like complete morons?

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 11:13:16

Deer: sorry misread your post at first...didn't realize you got banned for less :-P

Deerhunter Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 16:06:30

ya basically Pang doesnt like me and thought i was trying to say i hope he died, instead of realizing i was talking about his country as a normal person would. I was just pointing out that they play favorites- cause what you typed was much worse than anything ive ever said.

And the last one was me asking someone if they were offering me their services. Now- most people would realize that asking a professional for services would take that as legal services, computer services, or maybe medical. However, they took it for me calling someone a Whore- which was not the case and i adimetely deny that. For the record i dont think that and have never called anyone in here that.

My point is these bans go out for nothing but spite- while more serious things get said completely unnoticed. Ozzite- i have nothing against you- i know what your trying to say. Im just sick of double standards.
I shall fear no retals,

Deerhunter Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 16:09:01

the worst of it is if someone says they hope someone does die- who cares? if you or anyone here said that specifically about me i wouldnt care one bit. Hopes and dreams are your freedome. That does not constitute a threat.
I shall fear no retals,

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 16:42:12

Thats lamesauce deerhunter :-/

Honestly I just don't think any of the admins look here :-P

dantzig Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 18:55:23

I know that everyone loves to poke fun at gregg but that post was way out of line. Very few forums tolerate those types of personal attacks. Earth has traditionally maintained an environment of good clean fun (well, PG-13 rated fun), not hateful crap like this. Hate is disgusting and no one wants to read it--and it's a huge turn off to new players. Delete the posts and ban the poster.
FoG

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 19:12:38

have you ever read any of greggs posts ever?

Originally posted by dantzig:
Very few forums tolerate those types of personal attacks.

You don't get around the internets much do you?

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 19:13:58

Also, clearly not enough of you watch south park

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 24th 2010, 19:47:18

Originally posted by Pain:
youre a repeat offender and were warned multiple times to stop therefore you got a ban.

Pay attention to the above.

locket Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 19:49:17

I'd also say it was out of line ozz. That post would seriously bother some people and I think that has to be kept in mind.

On a side note Gregg is bonkers so I think he should be banned but... :P

dantzig Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 20:18:21

Originally posted by Ozzite:
have you ever read any of greggs posts ever?

You don't get around the internets much do you?

Yes, I've read many of his posts and none of them stoop to the level that you did.

I've been active on the internet for many years. Decent forums with strong communities do not tolerate personal attacks, especially encouraging suicide. I'm also a huge South Park fan. Your application of the 1. X 2. Y 3. . . . 4. Profit meme was not clever or funny and did not lessen the disgusting, hateful sentiment that your post conveyed.
FoG

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 21:12:41

I've been active on the internet for many years. Decent forums with strong communities do not tolerate personal attacks, especially encouraging suicide.

hmmmm, wrong, but anyway. Why are your panties in a bunch, gregg didn't even blink

On dis thang called der interwebs, not everydthang shud be takurn literally

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 21:13:40

And your a huge fan of south park and censorship...thats a good one!

dantzig Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 21:33:22

I don't have to be gregg for your post to offend me.

Community standards and censorship are very different things.
FoG

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 22:53:43

Delete the posts and ban the poster.

What part about that is not censorship?

I am not saying the admins don't have the right to delete my posts, ban me, do whatever....doesn't make it any less censorship

lincoln

Sep 24th 2010, 23:25:08

what ozzite says is of no import
what locket says is of little interest
what slagpit says is critical to the long term welfare of the site
not because of his keen insight but because of his position

bear in mind that slagpit once banned one of the "greggs" for a year for saying that theos were being unduly aided
i was lonely being the only gregg for that long torturous year

i myself have been banned for 72 hours for saying that spies are weaker on this site than they were on Earth2025

the admins have explained those bans were for giving voice to the unspeakable

on the other hand the homophiliacs of LaE have been allowed to give graphic depictions of their innermost fantasies without being banned

again here a graphic depiction of violence and a call to action were posted as part of a thread by a connected poster

slagpit's reaction? he warns those who object to the post and call for a sanction that they may be banned

so i would say to all concerned
do not risk a ban by saying that graphic depictions of violence are inappropriate
do not risk an lp ban by saying that unethical conduct should be stopped
let the connected do, say and play however they want, by whatever rules they choose for themselves
those are the rules of EE

thank you for your concern

Edited By: lincoln on Sep 24th 2010, 23:27:28
See Original Post
FoG

mrford Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 23:31:00

Wow, u really are crazy/delusional
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 24th 2010, 23:43:49

While I don't agree with what Ozzite posted in the least, I also don't think it's a ban worthy statement. It wasn't a nice thing to say, but so far as I know does not violate any forum or net-wide rules concerning decency and is a one time "offense" on his part.

DH on the other hand, repeatedly has posted country information on the forums, misled people as to his country # to get other non-involved players hit, and has been warned by the admin staff on multiple occasions that his posts are not appropriate.

As for gregg and his aliases, he's been warned multiple times regarding the content of his posts, and continues to post the same repetitive nonsense over and over again.

Quite frankly, the mods/admins operate these forums the way they see fit, and in what they consider the best interest of the community.

If you don't feel that this is a fair and harmonious way to run the forums, or that you cannot abide by their rulings due to some moral or ethical value, I suggest finding another set of forums to browse. In the same vein, If you find yourself constantly at odds with a majority of the posters here, it might be time to reconsider whether this is a venue of discussion you wish to participate in.

Perhaps the other %99 of us who disagree with you really ARE morons, and can't comprehend what you're saying on an intellectual and logical level, instead of just plain out disagreeing and not carrying the same set of values as you - but if that's the case, why would you want to hang around here anyways?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 25th 2010, 2:04:31

Actually my reaction was deleting the post and explaining why there isn't a double standard.

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 25th 2010, 2:35:47

shhhh slag - we're the %99 :-P

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 25th 2010, 17:10:51

But now my post lives on in all its glory in this thread. I think DH should be banned for that :-P

ponderer Game profile

Sep 25th 2010, 18:04:11

That would've been ban worthy on the old Swirve forums. But Swirve enforced a higher level of decorum than desired by the user base of earth empires.
m0m0rific

locket Game profile

Sep 25th 2010, 23:36:14

And yet I am worth a mention eh lincoln? And everyone knows you were banned because you had the hate on for qz or slag due to your monthly visitor

Popcom Game profile

Sep 26th 2010, 0:51:00

simple, this isn't the insane, "ban anyone who doesn't agree with me, in any subject" FFAT it use to be.
cool mods FTW
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

lincoln

Sep 26th 2010, 5:00:30

ponderer may be right
earth empires users prefer the less restrictive atmosphere
no rules against graphic depictions of violence or homo sex
no strict enforcement against playing multis or self farming

DM said it best, " the game needs cheaters"
and LaE has a ready supply
FoG

locket Game profile

Sep 26th 2010, 6:27:07

Lincoln, question for you. Is it wrong to be gay? If not then why single that out ;)

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 26th 2010, 6:49:19

You are actually absolutely correct, gregg. LaE has quite a few folks who have cheated in the past, or been accused of cheating in the past. They keyword though, is "past".

Although I'm sure this will only add blood to your hard-on for LaE, this isn't a fact that we cover up. Anyone who's been around for a little while knows the history of some of the players in LaE, it's not something that's a great secret or a fact we hide from.

With that said, LaE as a clan is completely opposed to cheating or abuse of game rules. If cheating is discovered in LaE, the player will be detagged, removed from the site, and blacklisted from membership immediately. We require at least 2 credible references for any member wishing to join LaE, specifically to verify that that player is clean. Despite what you think, it is not an issue we take lightly, especially after the incident in the 2nd set of FFA. If you knew a little more history, you'd know that Thunder and mrford were previously leaders in 2 clans very well known for their stance against cheating, and their ability to catch cheaters.

I'm sure you'll want to bring up Llaar and DM again, so I'll just tell you that much consideration was given to whether or not they should remain in LaE, and the decision was made that it was more detrimental to LaE to remove them than keep them, so long as there were no more cheating incidents. Their actions are monitored, and the cheating tools have been deleted from our website under the supervision of game admins.

Think what you like about LaE. We're happy to be so important to you, and are going to continue as a clan full of friends who enjoy playing the game together with or without your approval.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 5th 2010, 21:22:23

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
ya basically Pang doesnt like me and thought i was trying to say i hope he died, instead of realizing i was talking about his country as a normal person would. I was just pointing out that they play favorites- cause what you typed was much worse than anything ive ever said.

And the last one was me asking someone if they were offering me their services. Now- most people would realize that asking a professional for services would take that as legal services, computer services, or maybe medical. However, they took it for me calling someone a Whore- which was not the case and i adimetely deny that. For the record i dont think that and have never called anyone in here that.

My point is these bans go out for nothing but spite- while more serious things get said completely unnoticed. Ozzite- i have nothing against you- i know what your trying to say. Im just sick of double standards.

wouldn't have anything to do with you trying to talk people that you dislike into committing suicide?

oh, btw, is this you?

http://www.npr.org/...ript.php?storyId=12255734

and it's not wrong for lincoln to be gay, it's almost a historical fact.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2010, 2:35:00

Originally posted by NOW3P:
While I don't agree with what Ozzite posted in the least, I also don't think it's a ban worthy statement. It wasn't a nice thing to say, but so far as I know does not violate any forum or net-wide rules concerning decency and is a one time "offense" on his part.

DH on the other hand, repeatedly has posted country information on the forums, misled people as to his country # to get other non-involved players hit, and has been warned by the admin staff on multiple occasions that his posts are not appropriate.

As for gregg and his aliases, he's been warned multiple times regarding the content of his posts, and continues to post the same repetitive nonsense over and over again.

Quite frankly, the mods/admins operate these forums the way they see fit, and in what they consider the best interest of the community.

If you don't feel that this is a fair and harmonious way to run the forums, or that you cannot abide by their rulings due to some moral or ethical value, I suggest finding another set of forums to browse. In the same vein, If you find yourself constantly at odds with a majority of the posters here, it might be time to reconsider whether this is a venue of discussion you wish to participate in.

Perhaps the other %99 of us who disagree with you really ARE morons, and can't comprehend what you're saying on an intellectual and logical level, instead of just plain out disagreeing and not carrying the same set of values as you - but if that's the case, why would you want to hang around here anyways?

Now3P!! Did you lose your Hormel sponsorship? :)