Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 5th 2021, 17:02:39

Below is an old idea. Does it still apply or is there something else needed instead?

"CHANGE #1: All countries start in GDI and all countries can leave GDI at any time but cannot rejoin.

CHANGE #2: A country is kicked out of GDI if it does 5 or more landgrabs on the same target.

CHANGE #3: Special attacks do not add to the defender's DR.

CHANGE #4: If in the past 24 hours a country has successfully landgrabbed you and you have not landgrabbed them since, your first retal will ignore DR rules."

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2021, 17:40:12

Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

SuperFly Game profile

Feb 5th 2021, 18:35:37

3 and 4 sound great

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 5th 2021, 18:50:09

Yeah I think you all would like 3 and 4. I almost thought 2, but 2 is iffy.....

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Kahuna Game profile

Feb 5th 2021, 21:04:44

More bots!$

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2021, 22:31:05

They all would work for me.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 5th 2021, 22:56:43

Originally posted by Slagpit:

"CHANGE #1: All countries start in GDI and all countries can leave GDI at any time but cannot rejoin.

This would probably be good.

CHANGE #2: A country is kicked out of GDI if it does 5 or more landgrabs on the same target.

Not good. Abuseable. Getting kicked out means you can hide from special attacks/ops/missiles from a non-GDI country and then you can cancel GDI yourself and hit them with full force.

If the penalties incurred by GDI is still applied but the benefits are removed, I'm leaning towards saying it's alright. Not sure its needed tho?

CHANGE #3: Special attacks do not add to the defender's DR.

We talking only express here? This would probably be good. there used to be atleast a player who liked to abuse DR he got from people he either provoked or were his friends(to this day I dont) to hit players who then couldnt take back any real land on the retals. I guess you could say it encourages cheating that sometimes is quite hard to spot or at least prove.

You would get a similar situation if special attacks from one country breaks down a country for his friend, but I think this will be more obvious and far less abused. It's something to consider at least?
I guess the current form of DR mechanics was 'abused' legitimatly as well, to the detriment of players who had no counterplay. So I'm for the change.

If other servers I'd have to think on it.

CHANGE #4: If in the past 24 hours a country has successfully landgrabbed you and you have not landgrabbed them since, your first retal will ignore DR rules."

This is great, tho it would negate the main purpose of removing DR from special attacks, no?

TL;DR
Good option combinations:
1, 3 and 4
1 and 3
1 and 4.

Not #2(in present form), I can explain in greater detail how I would abuse this in silly ways that would be bad for the game (and the poor country the game incentivises me to penta-tap).

MILORD Game profile

Feb 6th 2021, 18:14:04

Nothing of the above will attract players. This can make the game more comfortable, no more , for those players who are already playing..
will attract players, if the reward for winning the top 10 on individual servers will be a reward - an additional bonus in the alliance. Or the winner will have a symbolic badge.
Such a reward can attract new players to this server. Making the server prestigious will increase competition.

Edited By: MILORD on Feb 6th 2021, 18:19:39
See Original Post
born in the USSR

Kahuna Game profile

Feb 6th 2021, 18:26:15

....naaah

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 8th 2021, 3:21:11

good, especially since you can leave if you forget
doesnt even have to be huge limits on how much a gdi country can be grabbed by a non gdi country if they can choose to farm you back at any point

4 hits on a target while staying in gdi seems like a lot, seems pretty high amount of farming while #4 alleviates it slightly

probably needed for express, but im not even sure how long express dr lasts these days, is it still 24 hour halflife and 3 day expiry or did it get shortened to something like 8 hours? even on a short timer once you start taking enough hits that your dr is low your kind of in the clear for farming anyone

dont forget this helps war countries since you can both cripple an enemy and farm them for land at the same time

good change in general, could even be applied on other servers since landtrading is pretty dead right now

4 hits while in huge dr on a 0 dr target still gets you about 380% with only 100% guaranteed back isnt a huge retal but at least its something

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 8th 2021, 20:14:11

Should "All countries start in GDI and all countries can leave GDI at any time but cannot rejoin." be changed to "All countries start in GDI and can leave GDI at any time before their first attack of the round."?

In other words, if you do a landgrab while in GDI then you're stuck there.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 8th 2021, 22:45:40

^^that is good.

I still feel #2 is abuseable.

"CHANGE #4: If in the past 24 hours a country has successfully landgrabbed you and you have not landgrabbed them since, your first retal will ignore DR rules."

Should be "If in the past 24 hours a country has successfully landgrabbed you and you have not hit them this set, your first retal will ignore DR rules."