Verified:

Netsquash Game profile

Jan 17th 2021, 21:20:16

Final 6 hours i can still be grabbed even though i have gdi. Thought if i didnt hit someone they cant touch me. Guess not

Thanks to the fluffer who wrecked my good set. Please get a life. People like you are helping this game die by being a douchebag. Less players means bye bye game

Netsquash Game profile

Jan 17th 2021, 21:31:38

So please change game mechanics. Non gdi shouldnt be able to grab me last 6 hours if i cant grab him. That puts gdi at a massive disadvantage.

Ill be pushing for this change. I got the equivalent of glitched on call of duty. Not a nice way to end the set

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2021, 21:45:47

That sux :-(
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

BaDonkaDonks Game profile

Jan 17th 2021, 23:33:23

I think the last 6 hours is when it starts and then its random - less and less likely to be able to grab as you get to the end. Maybe someone else good explain better.

Prime

Jan 17th 2021, 23:42:23

This game interacts with other players, which includes being attacked.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 17th 2021, 23:49:58

GDI has pro's and cons. Depending on what you want to do with your set you either join it or dont join it. It's a great design.

If you knew about this, would you still have gotten attacked that way? If no, then it's entirely preventable now that you know how the mechanics of GDI work. :)

NitelL Game profile

Jan 17th 2021, 23:56:33

Are these the humanitarian or GDI mechanics? Gerdler, could you explain what the triggers are?

I was under the impression that in the last 6 hr of the set, humanitarians kick in and the nw requirement gets higher and higher %-wise to top feed.

Netsquash Game profile

Jan 18th 2021, 0:01:35

I was unaware and yes i would have played differently

Tell me how its fair i cant attack but they can. Its a flaw thats needs to be adjusted

Imho if you want to make this game RIP keep making it unfair

Netsquash Game profile

Jan 18th 2021, 0:02:38

Originally posted by Prime:

Translation

Im the douchebag who did thise hits and lives in his parents basement making min wage

Please go fluff yourself. No respect for the netgainers

Netsquash Game profile

Jan 18th 2021, 0:10:24

Originally posted by Gerdler:
GDI has pro's and cons. Depending on what you want to do with your set you either join it or dont join it. It's a great design.

100% disagree

Until this flaw is fixed im out

That includes my donation money.

Let me know when you guys fix GDI. Its not ethical that i get screwed over a flaw in the gdi rules. This is about fairness and principle. Being open to being attacked when i cant attack is complete crap.

Either change the 6 hour rule off completely with only humanitarians or make it go both ways. Otherwise bye bye game. Sorry just not right

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 18th 2021, 0:16:24

GDI description, last sentence:
"In the final six hours of the game, you will not be able to engage in any offensive actions against countries that have not hit you at least once."

So you are very much free to retaliate.

End of game humanitarians is a separate issue and they don't kick in so early on express. It's like 2 hours from the end and its quite a slow progression, and has nothing to do with GDI.

Nets, you now know about this, and so it won't happen again, so how is this a game issue?
It is very much a knowable mechanic, unlike other stuff that are kept hidden this is actually written right on the page you browe every single set.
Sucks that bad things happened but I don't see why they need to change a functional game mechanic because a player misunderstood it once.

Netsquash Game profile

Jan 18th 2021, 0:18:58

Still not fair gerdler

Let your game die

Thanks

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 18th 2021, 0:28:46

If you think GDI is underpowered maybe don't join it?

Last 6 hours most have the ability to defend against anything except maybe a single tap PS anyway. So this is rarely an issue. You probably thought you could EXPLOIT GDI mechanics and drop almost all your defences in the last 6 hours. IF that were possible, how would that be even remotely fair?

Netsquash Game profile

Jan 18th 2021, 0:33:46

How is it fair i cant keep grabbing yet i can get grabbed. I truly think that is not fair. I could grab to 60k without restrictions

Yes i could retal AFTER he hit me... but couldnt grab before that is the point. Im declawed until he attacks

He had tons of missles wanted a fight. I thought non gdi was for fights?

Are you stupid or ignorant?

Im calling for a fair playing field. And yes i play within the mechanics.

Anyhow its clear im done. Im not arguing something that is horribly wrong

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 18th 2021, 0:42:21

If you could drop all your defences and just not be hit it would be flawed. The rules are a compromise that allow netters to net more sets than not.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 18th 2021, 1:19:20

Originally posted by Netsquash:
Originally posted by Prime:

Translation

Im the douchebag who did thise hits and lives in his parents basement making min wage

Please go fluff yourself. No respect for the netgainers

Translation:
Prime is a game mod/main game mod so he cannot play. He was giving you a pretty TL:DR down to the point answer.

Next, Gerdler gave you the correct answers. While he has nothing to do with game mechanics (same honestly with Prime, or me) you choose to take Gerdler's help and tell him to screw off.
I realize you are pissed, but you see how you are reacting here for a misunderstanding on your behalf? Learn from it and move on to the next set.
You know how many times I have screwed up a destock in alliance because I was purely dumb? I didn't go off on everyone that showed me what went wrong. I took the advice, picked up my head, and took on the next round. (I still eff up the same things lol)

Edited By: galleri on Jan 18th 2021, 1:36:35

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Prime

Jan 18th 2021, 2:06:38

This thread caught fire quickly. Smores, anyone?

kaldakawolfie Game profile

Jan 18th 2021, 2:56:50

I haven't played since 2004, so I'm relearning the game. I hope to get as good as I was back in the day, but man has this thread blown up haha. I think I did super poorly in this weeks express for the first time coming back after over a decade of being gone. If anyone has some advice for me for the next one. I'd love to get some, please feel free to shoot me a message any time.

GASCONADE Game profile

Jan 18th 2021, 6:19:45

Ill tkae some

commander1972 Game profile

Jan 18th 2021, 16:32:48

how was it netsquash was hit in the window he says, was it a retal ?

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2021, 18:18:57

Originally posted by Netsquash:
Originally posted by Gerdler:

100% disagree

Until this flaw is fixed im out

That includes my donation money.

Let me know when you guys fix GDI. Its not ethical that i get screwed over a flaw in the gdi rules. This is about fairness and principle. Being open to being attacked when i cant attack is complete crap.

Either change the 6 hour rule off completely with only humanitarians or make it go both ways. Otherwise bye bye game. Sorry just not right

HAHAHAHAHA SEE YA! Don't go away too butthurt though. Just go awaay then. :)
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 16th 2021, 5:35:09

I reviewed this incident to see if any change to the GDI rules was warranted. It was hard to piece together what I was thinking ten years ago when I made the change, but I believe it's working as intended. The six hour rule was implemented to stop this scenario:

Country A and B are both in GDI.
Country A never grabs country B.
Country A jumps to first place near the end of the round with a high NW.
Country B does 150 failed SSes on country A to kill off his military.
Country A falls out of first place due to NW drop.

I don't see a good rule change to make here at this time. Most of the landgrabs succeeded and based on the news it looks like #80 had relatively low defense for a 50k acre/10 M NW country. I'm not saying that it's his fault that this happened, but running with low defense has its risks.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 16th 2021, 12:00:43

The reason he ran so low defence was because he misunderstood GDI to be protecting him from all grabs by targets he had not hit in the 6 last hours. So he thought he found a way to abuse the GDI mechanics, but he was mistaken. He said it himself that he would have played it differently if he had known how the mechanics work. I believe also it works as it should.