Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 2nd 2021, 18:09:05

Would like to ally up with some old timer names that I recognize. Haven't played in ten years so don't expect much. PM me with your country number if you're interested.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 2nd 2021, 18:29:22

Welcome back.
Express is still a solo server and allies in game are not an option here.
Good luck on your first round back though!
:)

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2021, 18:37:50

I LOL at this thread, hahahaha

Welcome back!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 2nd 2021, 18:51:01

Found the change: https://www.earthempires.com/...llowed-29623?t=1392019707

Interesting that primary allows alliances but express doesn't. I'll ask around.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2021, 18:54:41

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Found the change: https://www.earthempires.com/...llowed-29623?t=1392019707

Interesting that primary allows alliances but express doesn't. I'll ask around.

We're protecting Primary like it was an important artefact in a museum, as soon as someone suggests changes we violate their brain 😝
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 2nd 2021, 18:59:59

My brain is really going out the door. I thought you were the one to implement that. Proved me wrong lol

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Kahuna Game profile

Feb 2nd 2021, 19:31:46

Isn't that the guy you were talking about Galley? That reminds you of Prime or something lol?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 2nd 2021, 19:38:04

Originally posted by Kahuna:
Isn't that the guy you were talking about Galley? That reminds you of Prime or something lol?

No.
This guy will make you look like you play a country in hellokitty.
If you don't stop spelling my name like marshal did, I will wish ants invade your home :P

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 2nd 2021, 19:38:40

Express is a great entry into the game (which primary definatly isn't in any way shape or form) so it's really good there are no allies because then you'd give new players and instantly bigger disadvantage than they already have.

The fact that there are bots to farm as non-human shields makes it a lot easier to navigate for a new/returning player than primary where you are farmed to hell with no way to return if you miss playing for two days or something like that.

New players do best in tournament and express.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 2nd 2021, 19:54:05

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Express is a great entry into the game (which primary definatly isn't in any way shape or form) so it's really good there are no allies because then you'd give new players and instantly bigger disadvantage than they already have.

Would a new player getting defensive allies prevent you from grabbing their country? Does the lack of your own defensive allies make it possible for new players to grab you? If the answer to both questions is "no" then why does the disadvantage matter? They can't compete with or without allies.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 2nd 2021, 20:37:19

they dont have to. They just have to compete with the bots in express for who is the worst target. the bot code gets them allies so I would be picking between a nub and a well defended, farmed bot with 2 def allies. It would lead to players being farmed also on this server rather than just gently tapped.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 2nd 2021, 21:02:36

So if bots don't get allies then there's no issue from your point of view?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 2nd 2021, 21:10:23

Nope thats not my point of view. My point of view is that this is a perfect server to introduce/reintroduce the game to a new or returning player, and allies on express would make that entry/reentry harder and less likely to stick, no matter how the bots ally or not.

Rasp Game profile

Feb 2nd 2021, 21:17:40

slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagpit!

come back to evo sweetie! 1a :)
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 2nd 2021, 21:25:24

Nope thats not my point of view. My point of view is that this is a perfect server to introduce/reintroduce the game to a new or returning player, and allies on express would make that entry/reentry harder and less likely to stick, no matter how the bots ally or not.

If bots don't get allies and new players have the option to get allies, that makes bots a relatively better target than new players compared to the existing state. What is the issue? I'm having a hard time with the "new players" argument. There's no data. I want something specific.

Here's a counterpoint: as a possibly returning player, I'd like to ally up with a few of the old guys I used to play with. I used to be able to do that in express, but now I can't do that. That reduces my enthusiasm for playing.

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2021, 21:28:57

Join mercs 1a
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2021, 23:17:33

If bots don't get allies and new players have the option to get allies, that makes bots a relatively better target than new players compared to the existing state. What is the issue? I'm having a hard time with the "new players" argument. There's no data. I want something specific.

Here's a counterpoint: as a possibly returning player, I'd like to ally up with a few of the old guys I used to play with. I used to be able to do that in express, but now I can't do that. That reduces my enthusiasm for playing.

I can help with the counterpoint.

Express sucks and like 6 people rotate winning it and anyone who gets close randomly gets suicided on. In my opinion, Express would turn off more new players than help. But agree that Tourney is a good place to start.

As far as alliances, no opinion. Do it. Don't do it. Make it happen, Slags.

also....Bonus

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 2nd 2021, 23:42:09

I think I get why express could be a good choice for new players in theory. Resets only last a week so there's plenty of chances to start over and learn from your mistakes from the last round. But otherwise it just feels too intense and unforgiving. I can't say that I have a full picture of anything, but it's hard to view a server as healthy when bots can finish as high as 11th.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Feb 3rd 2021, 0:32:01

I think I get why express could be a good choice for new players in theory. Resets only last a week so there's plenty of chances to start over and learn from your mistakes from the last round. But otherwise it just feels too intense and unforgiving. I can't say that I have a full picture of anything, but it's hard to view a server as healthy when bots can finish as high as 11th.

Amount of players is also an issue in the last part of your discussion. But we can also thank cheating as to why allies were removed. It was really pushed by the player base.... Because they argued this is a solo server. And solo means play alone.
No harm in trying at least once Slagpit. You can't like or hate something without trying. :)

Rob Game profile

Feb 3rd 2021, 13:34:40

Unforgiving is Primary. Not only is it slow, it can be brutal.

Express is more of a fun server where you can try things out. But I would say Tourney is probably best for a returning / new player as it’s not as fast and different as Express is, while not also being a server like Primary where the top few batter the rest of the field for land

NitelL Game profile

Feb 3rd 2021, 15:35:26

Slagpit!

I think I get why express could be a good choice for new players in theory. Resets only last a week so there's plenty of chances to start over and learn from your mistakes from the last round.

This was also the reason why I picked Express when I returned couple months ago. The lack of human players generally explains the evolution of most (solo) servers (Express is a bot farm fest with a couple of human players who want to war, Primary is like 5 guys farming the entire server of humans, Tourney is all-x contest between 20 countries....).

I'd say Express today is primarily a contest between a handful of players who can finish >50m nw, and at least 2 of us trying to land 100m nw. xD

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 3rd 2021, 15:42:54

What happened on primary? Not enough players?

NitelL Game profile

Feb 3rd 2021, 15:44:53

Skill gap, mostly. (imo)

commander1972 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2021, 16:12:05

primary has collusion, just read the boards

bonus

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2021, 16:16:56

Primary demands that you're on top of your game, the top 10 is usually the same players every set and the rest are just.....there, it is a lot like express was before bots and no allies era, except it is slow paced.
(•_•)