Verified:

Rob Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 6:22:00

Just started this to discuss express strategy, for those who are interested.

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 6:23:11

Don't die?

Rob Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 6:37:31

Invaluable insight.

Herr_England Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 10:54:24

Switch to dictator and build nothing but CS. Guaranteed top 5 finish.
Herr England
BSS Minister of Agriculture
AIM:Herr England

~ Blood Soaked Skulls ~

braden Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 12:53:19

Rep Casher is simple, and I find the best for the least work.

You can explore to your required acreage with no problem, you can easily supplement some grabs in there to extend your stocking time.. you don't get fluffed by plummeting tech prices after you take an afternoon nap for a few hours

but the R beside your name beckons people to landgrab you. That is why you must retal every hit against you (both parties often come out ahead now anyways, so other than the military lost in the attacks a 1:1 is beneficial)

joedro Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 13:27:27

Originally posted by Herr_England:
Switch to dictator and build nothing but CS. Guaranteed top 5 finish.

I scored #1 with this strat last set!
Team: recruit me

Alliance: recruit me
contact- - pm right here will work just fine tho

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 1st 2010, 17:51:01

I'd post something, but I just feel like it would give suiciders more ideas.

Rob Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 17:59:21

It appears that either a rep casher or theo casher is the best strat to run in express. I'm gonna try to play a theo casher again and try to see if I can hit 25mil or so

dantzig Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 19:15:51

H casher is great in Express and super easy. enshula was right that H casher w/o tech is shockingly good--and it doesn't take much tech to make it equivalent to what a R or D can achieve with a "reasonable" amount of tech for the short set duration of Express. Then you have the choice of converting to MBR for jumping but that isn't really necessary in Express.

H's only downside is its max tech limitation which can result in a weak military situation.
FoG

dantzig Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 19:21:39

Originally posted by Slagpit:
I'd post something, but I just feel like it would give suiciders more ideas.

Best strat is to run an all-x indy I w/ lots of spies and jets and store up turns. Then steal money, burn bushels, steal tech, and DH SS all of netting countries in GDI on the last two days. I personally guarantee a top 10 finish if you follow this strat.
FoG

trainboy Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 19:46:59

lol :P

lincoln

Dec 1st 2010, 20:21:32

that is an outstanding strat dantzig

start slowly
watch news for player who GSes as retal
hit him twice
send him note saying that it is retal for three sets ago
after he GSes you five times buy troops
sell off all turrets, start stocking jets
wait 23.9 hours
launch five PS attacks in three minutes, repeat in two hours
repeat every two hours until you log in to dead country
FoG

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 21:52:13

Seems to work well for gregg.... it has helped him with his aversion to surviving a set for several sets now.

I was so disappointed to see he hid out until after I had wasted turns killing someone else this last round though....ruined all my fun, etc.

dantzig Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 21:59:09

What country did you run last set? You might have wasted turns on me lol
FoG

lincoln

Dec 1st 2010, 22:36:40

yeah the last two sets the morons have pounded countries that were not even me

i do wonder why deli spent much time hitting you dantzig because deli has some redeeming qualities
i think his actions last set were beneath him
more on a par with the puppets
FoG

dantzig Game profile

Dec 1st 2010, 22:46:51

It would be fair to say that I provoked a few people last set, but only after they hit me.
FoG

de1i Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 1:28:10

Had I realized it was dantzig I probably wouldn't of hit.
But the reasons why I did hit were...

**This if is you (dantzig) were the Liars Asomething and Ewhatever country then (if you were anyone else you probably grabbed me and I didn't like it :D)**

The main reason being I missed a lot of turns due to the holidays, enough to where I couldn't compete to finish in the top 10 (with my really poorly played CI) which is mainly the only reason why I play on express. I'm always idling in each server's news channel looking for kill runs, if theres an oppurtunity to cherrypick a kill and not cause me drama I'll very likely try to do so. In the express news room a kill run had been started on your country, I had quite a few chems and though I could finish you off.

A secondary reason would be you had an LaE name, which is where I play(ed) so I figured why the hell not :) From what I remember I only tried to do it once, then otheres joined in. No idea who they are/were but they were persistant and kept messaging me your spy ops thinking I was going to keep at it.

Anyhow the entire experience was far from gratifying, if I miss turns in the future I'll probably just not play :P

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 2nd 2010, 1:59:42

I'm disappointed in you

gregg is disappointed too

we're all disappointed

mrford Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 3:18:18

I have a secret

Slagpit = Gregg
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Rob Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 3:26:58

While I do agree that H's tech is a downside, I think the biggest downside to playing a H casher is the price of bushels on the PM causing you to lose money when destocking

Originally posted by dantzig:
H casher is great in Express and super easy. enshula was right that H casher w/o tech is shockingly good--and it doesn't take much tech to make it equivalent to what a R or D can achieve with a "reasonable" amount of tech for the short set duration of Express. Then you have the choice of converting to MBR for jumping but that isn't really necessary in Express.

H's only downside is its max tech limitation which can result in a weak military situation.

ponderer Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 3:34:33

Originally posted by mrford:
I have a secret

Slagpit = Gregg

OMG MRFORD WAS RIGHT!
m0m0rific

lincoln

Dec 2nd 2010, 4:12:10

slagpit is now the sixteenth person whom fordy has accused of being gregg

welcome to the club slagpit
FoG

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 5:14:46

actually, I think it was nukevil that did most of the "accusing" of who gregg really was....ya know, when he posted that your IP's matched, etc?

Thomas Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 6:03:00

Originally posted by Rob:
It appears that either a rep casher or theo casher is the best strat to run in express. I'm gonna try to play a theo casher again and try to see if I can hit 25mil or so

I finished #2 a few sets ago as a Techer. After that set, or the following set, the tech market crapped out and it's no longer top 5 material really.

lincoln

Dec 2nd 2010, 6:12:39

fortunately now that tctGk is dead there is no strategic need to respond to HWCNG's ongoing fully refuted lies
FoG

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 6:18:09

techer is a great strat, other than the fact that the tech market here is so screwy. When it's up, you can take 1st w/ it, when it's down, you'll be happy to break 15 mil.

mrford Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 14:09:24

Originally posted by lincoln:
slagpit is now the sixteenth person whom fordy has accused of being gregg

welcome to the club slagpit

83.7% of statistics are made up on the spot
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

braden Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 14:15:53

but right off the bat fifty four percent only agree with a third of them anyways, :(

IHaveSexForTech Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 19:04:57

60% of the time, it works everytime.

braden Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 20:55:24

i'm not going to lie, that smells like pure gasoline.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 20:56:09

smells more like tequila.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

mrford Game profile

Dec 2nd 2010, 22:24:05

I like tequila

I like it a lot
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

Dec 3rd 2010, 0:34:55

my apartment smells of rich mahogany, and i own many..leather bound books?

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 3rd 2010, 2:33:34

People know me. I'm kind of a big deal around here

braden Game profile

Dec 3rd 2010, 2:41:08

this one so goes out to now

i am going to punch you right in the urethra, right in the baby maker, that's what i'm gonna do.