Verified:

Prometheus

Jan 2nd 2011, 19:38:56

I say you give i life time ban on all troublemakers countries. I think alot will say the same. Its not the first time they want around killing countries.
Quit why am i still posting?

ponderer Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 19:46:34

Originally posted by Prometheus:
I say you give i life time ban on all troublemakers countries. I think alot will say the same. Its not the first time they want around killing countries.

OK, smart guy, where in the game or on in an easy to find place on this forum does it give a limit for coordination of play between 3 RL friends in express?

Please quote instead of paraphrasing. And remember that English is a second or third language for these guys, so reading between the lines is not going to be a strength for them.
m0m0rific

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 19:51:52

dunno, but deletions for people helping people have to stop. ban? heck no, it's about time we got somebody besides gregg to post.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Pain Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 19:54:45

dibs technically speaking this is a solo server and it is against the spirit of the game to have someone play to solely boost you into a higher spot.
Your mother is a nice woman

Prometheus

Jan 2nd 2011, 19:56:46

I am not gregg. I still say they should be ban for life. they broke the rules more then once its time for a ban.

Jan 2nd 2011, 20:07:50

i have questions in regards as to whether or not they broke the rules. were breaks being transmitted outside the game? were spyops being shared outside the game? deleting countries simply for hitting the same target might be outside the rules.

i think the concept of solo server needs some work, because the admins can't keep people from sharing info outside the game. are they suppossed to spend all their time trying to enforce something that isn't really enforceable?

ponderer Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 20:10:28

I am not gregg. I still say they should be ban for life. they broke the rules more then once its time for a ban.

Still didn't address my question. Can't ban for life without making it clear that what they did was in gross violation of the game's rules.
m0m0rific

Prometheus

Jan 2nd 2011, 20:10:30

when they run around with the same name. Its easy to tell what they are doing and this is not the first time they did this.

ponderer Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 20:13:47

when they run around with the same name. Its easy to tell what they are doing and this is not the first time they did this.

Ah, so having a similar country name to your friends is grounds for a lifetime ban. Time to go ban Stalingrad, Walls of Stalingrad, and Toilets of Stalingrad for life too.

Look, what they did might have been grounds for deletion, but this was also the first time they've been told what they did was against poorly defined server rules. Going straight to lifetime ban is idiotic.
m0m0rific

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 2nd 2011, 20:32:06

The game rules are located in the bottom blue bar which is on almost every page. If you can cook up a wording of the rules which makes the intent clearer, you're free to suggest it. I don't see how it's constructive to blame everything but the players involved.

Pain Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 20:37:59

Originally posted by ponderer:

Ah, so having a similar country name to your friends is grounds for a lifetime ban. Time to go ban Stalingrad, Walls of Stalingrad, and Toilets of Stalingrad for life too.

Look, what they did might have been grounds for deletion, but this was also the first time they've been told what they did was against poorly defined server rules. Going straight to lifetime ban is idiotic.

toilets of stalingrad was a one time country and it was made as a joke to mess with walls of stalingrad. nice try though.

Jan 2nd 2011, 20:53:49

Originally posted by Slagpit:
The game rules are located in the bottom blue bar which is on almost every page. If you can cook up a wording of the rules which makes the intent clearer, you're free to suggest it. I don't see how it's constructive to blame everything but the players involved.

what you mean when you state that i'm not allowed to tell somebody to fluff the heck off on irc?

!8ball are they Dinky Dow?

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 21:11:22

Pain - I think the intent was to point out the stupidity of Hellrush's overall point, not to say anything done with Toilets of Stalingrad.

I'm against a life ban - it's a knee jerk reaction to some guys who made a mistake and overstepped their bounds. If it were to happen repeatedly (::cough:: JJ ::cough::), I would be in favor of it...but right now it's an overreaction to a situation that has been handled.

ponderer Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 21:19:14

Slagpit: The spirit rule, which addresses solo play in non-clan servers, defines any act that can not be accomplished through "normal, ingame diplomacy" to be against the rules of the game. Anyone who posts on these forums or tells old contacts their country # out of game to get in game allies is cheating. The rule as written is restrictive to the point where it is generally ignored, and unwritten rules appear to govern in its place.

The relevant part of the spirit rule is as follows:
"... players in the primary, express, and tourney server should not engage in any outside of game organizing which gives them an advantage over what can be accomplished through normal, ingame diplomacy."

Pang made a great post a few months ago clarifying what he felt the boundry between allowed out of game interaction and cheating, which should be either worked into the spirit rule and/or added to the server information page.

That post:
Originally posted by Pang:

The goal of 'enforcing' solo play on express is not to make everyone play secretly without any input from others, it's to stop organized killruns, market buyouts, market aiding and things of that nature from occurring so that players are not given ingame advantages over others.

Edited By: ponderer on Jan 2nd 2011, 21:27:23
See Original Post
m0m0rific

Pain Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 21:20:54

but nowy the diffence is the trouble maker guys work together and his example was of people who aginst each other. thats a poor analogy.

ponderer Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 21:21:07

I don't think anyone doubts that the three trouble makers were in violation of that rule. However, as per the spirit rule, "Warnings will be issued to countries suspected of breaking this rule, and in extreme cases, the offending countries may be deleted."

I am not aware of any warning being given, which makes the deletions suspect under the spirit rule, and makes the suggestions that m0nz0, MrB, and Kazz should be perma-banned ridiculous.

Edited By: ponderer on Jan 2nd 2011, 21:41:30
See Original Post
m0m0rific

ponderer Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 21:23:34

Pain: Thank you for making my point for me.

Edited By: ponderer on Jan 2nd 2011, 21:29:07
See Original Post
m0m0rific

Ivan Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 21:33:55

So just let me get this right

1 you come asking SoF for a pact next set? and then 2 you yell to have sofers banned from a solo playing server because they killed a few countries and broke the spirit of the game?

thats funny, personally everytime someone does a single AB/GS/BR/missile on me after I do 1 LG on them will be reported to the admins for breaking the spirit of the game

fluffF

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 21:47:12

There's a big difference between anywhere between 3 and 5 players from a single clan on another server coordinating outside of the game to accomplish group goals on a solo server and someone making a grab on you, Ivan.

Your guys got slapped on the wrist for making an obvious mistake - let it go already.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 2nd 2011, 21:53:02

"These servers are designed for individual play." is just as relevant. Getting your friends from your 1a clan to kill whoever you feel like obviously is not "individual play".

Can you guys take your 1a pissing match out of this thread?

ponderer Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 22:00:44

"These servers are designed for individual play." is just as relevant. Getting your friends from your 1a clan to kill whoever you feel like obviously is not "individual play".

So is "Warnings will be issued to countries suspected of breaking this rule." on a thread where someone is calling for a permanent ban.

Also, my understanding is that these guys were RL friends playing earth before they joined the same 1a alliance, and of the three only 1 has consistantly been an active member of that alliance over the past few resets.

Edited By: ponderer on Jan 2nd 2011, 22:03:35
See Original Post
m0m0rific

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 2nd 2011, 22:11:04

You and others from SoF have said that the countries shouldn't have been deleted.

Did you look through the news? Do you know what ingame messages were sent? Do you know what spy ops were done?

ponderer Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 22:18:18

You and others from SoF have said that the countries shouldn't have been deleted.

Did you look through the news? Do you know what ingame messages were sent? Do you know what spy ops were done?

Please read my posts. I have never said that countries did not break the rules of the game. I asked for a clarification of the rule, which you posted here, and hopefully will add it to the server info and rules for players who do not read this forum. I thank you for providing that clarification.

I called the deletion for violating a rule that calls for a warning before punishment suspect, but mainly I've been saying that the three players should not be banned as hellrush is calling for.

Do you agree with hellrush that a ban is called for, or me when I say that to propose a life time ban for a first offense is idiotic?
m0m0rific

Helmet Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 22:21:16

Just out of curiosity when they are deleted is the country they killed reinstated?

enuro12 Game profile

Jan 2nd 2011, 23:26:03

doesn't appear so

Helmet Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 0:16:51

yeah, I ended up looking. I wonder why they didn't?

Pain Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 0:48:02

yea does seem a little counter productive. the only satisfaction the player who lost his country gets is to see the offeners deleted. id rather have my country back.

Ponderer, dont be so ignorant. i dont think they should be banned over it but that certainly was NOT thier first time doing what they did, theyve been doing it for several resets. its just the first time theyve been punished for it.

Prometheus

Jan 3rd 2011, 15:29:00

I tried to get my country back but never got an answer back from the mods. I had a great country going until the troublemakers killed it. would have gotten in the top 10 easy.

tenshim0 Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 16:38:01

what make so hard to get in top10?
Your forces invaded tiekoon (#447)!
They broke through the defender's defences!
They took:
30,503 Acres(31,175 Gained)
1395 Buildings(672 Destroyed)

Im MrB

Pain Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 18:18:30

what country was yours hellrush

ponderer Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 18:27:03

Originally posted by Pain:
yea does seem a little counter productive. the only satisfaction the player who lost his country gets is to see the offeners deleted. id rather have my country back.

Ponderer, dont be so ignorant. i dont think they should be banned over it but that certainly was NOT thier first time doing what they did, theyve been doing it for several resets. its just the first time theyve been punished for it.

We're in agreement then.
m0m0rific

Prometheus

Jan 3rd 2011, 19:11:37

Originally posted by Pain:
what country was yours hellrush

I was Express Netter #66. just under 14k acres 4.5m NW with Max turns still to burn when i logged on and found myself dead. #14 killed it. he was a troublemaker. I could see the guy i killed oop suiciding on me but not him i did not even hit him once. I could have seen #50 hitting me for LGing him a few times but he intel pacted me.

P.S. I am no longer Hellrush please drop that name from all servers but Alliance until end of Alliance set. Everyone tells me i need to stop running under alies. So thats what I am doing with Prometheus.

dantzig Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 20:14:57

You were #66? You have no room to complain about anyone killing you LOL

http://www.eestats.com/express/oldcountry/169/66
FoG

Prometheus

Jan 3rd 2011, 20:28:55

I did not LG out of place but for the start because i was going to just kill people all set then i could not drop my land. so I started LGing the Right way no more the 2 times per country but for 50 that ended up becoming my intel allies. still there was no reason for troublemakers to kill me.

ponderer Game profile

Jan 3rd 2011, 20:47:21

A few comments:

1. The troublemakers didn't kill you, MrB did.
2. "i was going to just kill people all set..." You mean do to other people what MrB did to you?
3. You come here calling for the group that killed you to be kicked out of the game permanently, yet only 1 country killed you, not three.
4. So basically you go into express looking to be the big bad killer, but when someone gives you a taste of your own medicine, you go nuts? You need some thicker skin, or maybe a touch less hypocrisy.
5. I guess we'd better add Rorschachs Journal Chapter One to the ban list ...

Edited By: ponderer on Jan 3rd 2011, 20:54:38
See Original Post
m0m0rific

lincoln

Jan 3rd 2011, 21:41:24

rorschach's journal was obviously built to be a killer

Edited By: lincoln on Jan 3rd 2011, 21:54:26
See Original Post
FoG

Rob Game profile

Jan 4th 2011, 4:17:55

Why mass missile people that did not attack you?

ponderer Game profile

Jan 4th 2011, 4:33:57

Originally posted by lincoln:
rorschach's journal was obviously built to be a killer

A large portion of the countries on the express server any given reset are built to killers. Express is unique in that it gives players enough turns to record solo kills. That will continue to be the case until minimum attack returns are removed from express or turn storage is greatly reduced.
m0m0rific

pslayer Game profile

Jan 4th 2011, 4:52:15

Rorschach's Journal was built to combat the commies that farm tech start-ups from ~ turn 250-350. Too many sets I was farmed into oblivion and/or have my bush stock GS'd away...Rorschach seeks to even things up a but

m0nz0

Jan 4th 2011, 5:11:33

Originally posted by Ivan:

So just let me get this right

1 you come asking SoF for a pact next set? and then 2 you yell to have sofers banned from a solo playing server because they killed a few countries and broke the spirit of the game?

thats funny, personally everytime someone does a single AB/GS/BR/missile on me after I do 1 LG on them will be reported to the admins for breaking the spirit of the game

fluffF

Boss, u wrote a nice post! ^^
Im m0nz0
Trouble Maker

m0nz0

Jan 4th 2011, 5:15:50

Originally posted by NOW3P:
There's a big difference between anywhere between 3 and 5 players from a single clan on another server coordinating outside of the game to accomplish group goals on a solo server and someone making a grab on you, Ivan.

Your guys got slapped on the wrist for making an obvious mistake - let it go already.

pls don't even think that u know everything, dude...
for an example... when i saw the news on IRC that someone was killing a country, can i continue after the strike? if i did, it's call grouping killed? so funny!!! ^^
Im m0nz0
Trouble Maker

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 4th 2011, 5:17:51

You guys are barking up the wrong tree trying to speak to hellrush using reason and hellrush. Try insulting his mom, if the whole GIGO concept holds true, it's a good means of communication w/ him.

Edited By: NOW3P on Jan 4th 2011, 5:22:51
See Original Post

m0nz0

Jan 4th 2011, 5:20:35

Originally posted by ponderer:
A few comments:

1. The troublemakers didn't kill you, MrB did.
2. "i was going to just kill people all set..." You mean do to other people what MrB did to you?
3. You come here calling for the group that killed you to be kicked out of the game permanently, yet only 1 country killed you, not three.
4. So basically you go into express looking to be the big bad killer, but when someone gives you a taste of your own medicine, you go nuts? You need some thicker skin, or maybe a touch less hypocrisy.
5. I guess we'd better add Rorschachs Journal Chapter One to the ban list ...

jjajajaja....
Im m0nz0
Trouble Maker

m0nz0

Jan 4th 2011, 5:22:00

Originally posted by NOW3P:
You guys are barking up the wrong tree trying to speak to hellrush using reason and hellrush. Try insulting his mom, it seems to catch his attention.

Show Time!
Im m0nz0
Trouble Maker