Verified:

DruncK Game profile

Jul 9th 2024, 1:02:52

Why not make a limit for total land?

Do we really need million acre countries??

I suggest 100,000a with upto like 10% extra through a new bonus.

Seems drastic I'm sure. What if your military losses or ghost acres were directly tied to your current land with an extra penalty focused on unbuilt acres?

This would help keep proper competition and help retain people that'd rather not devote every turn towards farming bots(less farmed bots=better market).

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 9th 2024, 5:01:42

Can you be more specific about the problem that you're looking to address? In what way does the server lack "proper competition"?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 9th 2024, 8:31:01

In 1a it's always been the opposite btw... less farmed bots= dysfunctional market.

That dynamic might not be the same with the new bot code. We will see I guess. Just pointing out that the only experience we got suggests the opposite.

I think we will see t10 countries between 100k and 300k acres this round with 4 different strategies. When was that the case in 1a? Arguably balance and competition right now is better than it's been on 1a last 10 years, tho we don't yet know how that might change over the next few rounds as a new meta is formed.
Clearly some strats are better than others and people would have played it completely differently had they known the pace and market beforehand.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2024, 13:30:42

It is unclear what this would fix other than leveling the playing field for people who do not want to spend as much time planning and farming bots.

Besides, if you can't farm, does that mean every player has one choice on what to use their turns on depending on their strat.
I financially support this game; what do you do?

VicRattlehead Game profile

Jul 9th 2024, 14:29:06

Why on earth would we make a land limit for the "all high scores all the time" server? That seems counterproductive to the spirit of what this server is. NW records and land records are both things that get talked about in the game, and people strive after breaking both. Putting an artificial cap on the land in one server would ruin that part of the competition.

DruncK Game profile

Jul 9th 2024, 16:02:47

Sounds like it's just not the server for me. I don't think you'll see any countries under 250,000 acres in the top ten unless they drop it all. I've never netted in alliance or any server since bots were added.

Adding a hard cap would focus more on turn optimization which would be more competitive imo

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 9th 2024, 16:55:05

Players who want to get a high NW with fewer days of grabbing and a lower overall acreage can play techer. There will be countries in the top ten with less than 250000 acres. Consider having someone in your clan do a regular spy and a market spy on some of the best techers if you don't believe us.

Edited By: Slagpit on Jul 9th 2024, 17:05:56
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2024, 17:46:44

Originally posted by DruncK:
Sounds like it's just not the server for me. I don't think you'll see any countries under 250,000 acres in the top ten unless they drop it all. I've never netted in alliance or any server since bots were added.

Adding a hard cap would focus more on turn optimization which would be more competitive imo

You can't drop land on this server.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

https://youtu.be/...pxFw4?si=mCDXT3t1vmFgn0qn

-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF~SKA=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

DruncK Game profile

Jul 9th 2024, 18:18:44

Next set imma all-x n top 10 =P

Jul 9th 2024, 19:24:52

Pretty sure Gerdler has the inside track at #1 right now, and I don't foresee him cracking 150k acres, never mind 250k.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2024, 19:30:12

Which one is Gerdler? I'ma suicide his swede ass!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Jul 9th 2024, 21:42:00

He's the LaF country that's going to win 🤣

Spy them, you'll figure it out.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2024, 22:32:12

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:
Pretty sure Gerdler has the inside track at #1 right now, and I don't foresee him cracking 150k acres, never mind 250k.

Considering he is allegedly running turns with 90b cash on hand and like 580m bushels on the market, LOL

Fkn Nerds!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2024, 22:35:28

Originally posted by DruncK:

A hard cap does nothing to make it more competitive other than reducing a player's choice on how to spend their turns. The SS loss % puts a cap on grabbing already and you have to be strategic about it.

I think you just need to think about it more and sleep on it.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2024, 23:05:51

No
(•_•)

Jul 9th 2024, 23:17:18

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

No

Who you got then? You gonna do it? I figure Slag and TC will be right there, nitelL is obviously in great shape so far. I haven't spied any of them, so I'm simply speculating based on what I know about the people involved. Gerd looks like the favorite to me at this point.

I have no chance, outside of extreme luck.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2024, 23:19:12

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

No

Who you got then? You gonna do it? I figure Slag and TC will be right there, nitelL is obviously in great shape so far. I haven't spied any of them, so I'm simply speculating based on what I know about the people involved. Gerd looks like the favorite to me at this point.

I have no chance, outside of extreme luck.

Cathankins, he's the self proclaimed best and brightest player of all time.
(•_•)

HH Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2024, 10:15:24

Touch me now
HeadHunter

Jul 10th 2024, 14:07:16