dont create 1 man tags. click "join random alliance"

Crackhead Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2024, 4:23:38

Ya

Rasp Game profile

Jun 3rd 2024, 15:50:17

curious how "random" that is.

I've heard somewhere you don't need passwords to join a clan?

I should have tested that.
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

s Game profile

Jun 3rd 2024, 16:10:17

you can join passwordless clans only if that option is setup by the clan admin

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 3rd 2024, 16:58:34

It's not clear how to join a password-less clan. The Kings or whatever say they have no password but I don't see a button to join up. Do you put in the tag name and leave PW blank?

Or am I missing part of the UI to join without a password?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 4th 2024, 17:41:27

Originally posted by Requiem:
It's not clear how to join a password-less clan. The Kings or whatever say they have no password but I don't see a button to join up. Do you put in the tag name and leave PW blank?

You can put in the tag name and leave the password blank. You can also click "join random tag" while untagged and you'll be placed in a tag that allows for joining without the password.

Tag admins see this: 'You may also allow players to join your clan without knowing the password. This also means that players can join your clan by clicking on the "Join random clan" link within their countries.'

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 4th 2024, 20:16:56

You should have randomly placed people. lol

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Jun 9th 2024, 4:06:39

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Originally posted by Requiem:

You can put in the tag name and leave the password blank. You can also click "join random tag" while untagged and you'll be placed in a tag that allows for joining without the password.

Tag admins see this: 'You may also allow players to join your clan without knowing the password. This also means that players can join your clan by clicking on the "Join random clan" link within their countries.'

I think the issue is two fold:
1. Can untagged countries know what tag is passwordless? If not, this would be helpful
2. Shouldn't the UI have instruction on how to join a passwordless clan?
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 10th 2024, 16:10:33

The UI does have instructions. You can create a country on alpha coop to see for yourself.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 10th 2024, 16:37:50

You are not a member of any clan at this time. If you are interested, you may create your own clan. If you've been authorized to join another clan, simply type the Clan ID and Password, and you'll be all set! On this server, you cannot leave a clan after joining it.

If you're looking for a clan to join, try posting on the forums or taking a look at recruitment notices for this server. You can also immediately join a random clan.

Clan membership entitles you to access to a Clan Forum and officially tags your country in the scores listings.

It isn't clear based on these instructions, if you want to join a specific clan without a password, you can just put in the tag and leave PW blank. It would be the use-case in which a player wants to join an open tag but not at random.

Unless there is something that I am missing here?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 10th 2024, 17:38:05

I understand what you're saying in that maybe it would be nice to have a "join clan" link when looking at a clan profile that allows for joining without a password, but why would someone want to join a specific clan? I just checked all 17 clans and none of them have any information in their clan profiles about why a member would want to join. A few have links to third party hosting sites. So I don't view the workflow of someone carefully looking through all of the clans and trying to join a specific one to be that important.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 10th 2024, 17:50:41

For example, I believe KINGSMAN posted on the forums, saying that their tag was open to join, but when I went to the in-game clans page, it wasn't clear how to join them without a PW.

In my opinion, it is just an awkward user flow, which could confuse people trying to join a specific open tag. It would prob be nice to see a list of clans you can freely join with no PW instead of someone just knowing they can enter the tagId with no PW in the input box.

I wouldn't say it is game-breaking; however, it is confusing for a user.

EDIT: I think it was actually their Recruitment message that said it. They must have changed the message since then. Regardless, the user flow described is the same.

Edited By: Requiem on Jun 10th 2024, 17:53:35
See Original Post