Verified:

Hobo Game profile

Jul 27th 2010, 1:45:42

Frankly I don't like it. It's not only slower to load, but also is an eyesore. I try to read some of the numbers on the pages affected, but sometimes they make my eye strain.

Revert back to the original, kthxbai

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2010, 1:47:05

Old man get some reading glasses!

On a more serious note maybe it could be an optional skin to go back to the plain jane for old fogies who cannot read :p

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2010, 2:04:15

yup, text is uber small, graphics take a lot longer to load :(
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

swampy Game profile

Jul 27th 2010, 2:44:55

All good for me :P loads up quick

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 27th 2010, 5:06:29

I'm going to be putting a little time into a more simple mobile-style design which you'll be able to opt into :)
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Havoc Game profile

Jul 27th 2010, 5:09:19

Cool, thanks:)
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 27th 2010, 5:13:32

i think we need to all keep in mind that we're looking to appeal to a new generation with the public design, I've heard overwhelmingly positive responses, but there's always room for improvement :)

That being said, lots of other people just like simple designs, and that was a staple of earth! :p
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Hobo Game profile

Jul 27th 2010, 6:19:07

Implementing an option where you can choose between the two styles is the best choice.

iTavi

Jul 27th 2010, 14:00:30

myea, the design wasnt created for us old farts to enjoy, it was done to trick new people into playing. We could play this game even if it was text based with absolutely no graphics... oh wait, we did!

and yea, since the begining Pangaea said we will have 2 options to play it with.
~

CKHustler

Jul 29th 2010, 2:35:51

I was logging in from my phone today and with how the scrolling works, I couldn't really use the pages correctly. I would scroll down on the build screen and the menu and graphics would follow my scroll literally covering up some of the buildings and with a small screen, I couldn't do much. That happened for all, but thats an example. Doing something like clicking on the scores menu item was virtually impossible because I would scroll down and it would then move with me. So, though its nice to have the scrolling inset while on a monitor, on a phone or other small electronic device, not good.

With some quick fingers I could move around, but it was a hassle. So having the option to something simpler would be nice.

On a positive note, I like the new looks on my computer :)

Hobo Game profile

Jul 30th 2010, 8:58:52

The "tricking new people into signing up with new graphics" gimmick won't work unless they also throw in 2 beautiful women with each person who registers.

diez Game profile

Jul 30th 2010, 9:29:30

Honestly the site kinda sucks for mobile phones. a simple and plain design for mobile phones would do me (and some more guys) a lot of favor.

But perhaps thats asking too much eh? :D

Ozzite Game profile

Jul 30th 2010, 17:59:32

are you guys blind, dumb or both? they already said they will roll out a mobile design...that doesn't mean instantly. go complain about something they haven't already said they will fix or nothing :-P
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

GoodPeace Game profile

Jul 30th 2010, 19:33:30

Originally posted by Pangaea:
I'm going to be putting a little time into a more simple mobile-style design which you'll be able to opt into :)

- that sounds good, do you think it will be possible to make it appropriate for netbook-like screen sizes?

Apart from the poor functionality flaws on certain devices, I personally find the new design ugly, disturbing and unpleasing for the eyes, as well as simply out dated compared to the rest of modern web design.

It may or may not attract a new crowd, I don't know, but there you have it, some response on the look of it, that is not positive.
La Cosa Nostra

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jul 31st 2010, 12:22:45

guess i should give up trolling here, because i'm not going to be playing on that interface.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

GoodPeace Game profile

Aug 9th 2010, 20:21:16

I do get by without sore eyes with the help of FF plugin Stylish, but it's still a mess on some pages, and a pain to figure out what css styles to change to get rid of all the ugly design, so a clean cut template would be swell....maybe there are some real designers out there, maybe some with an actual idea about quality...

La Cosa Nostra