Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 24th 2010, 14:15:51

So many people like 'Achievements' they can earn in games. It adds another level of game play. We could have a bunch of achievements where say for example you kill 100,000 civilians in a reset or grab 5,000 acres in a reset (obviously there could be thousands of achievements) that could be displayed under your previous countries and could be called 'Your Achievements' where you could view all the achievements you've earned. And furthermore you could link your game log in to your forum log in and have little .gif trophies that display under your name (this could also be a manual process if you cannot link the two accounts).

snawdog Game profile

Jun 24th 2010, 14:20:44

I think the FB crowd will actually expect some sort of achievement awards..
So Yea.
ICQ 364553524
msn

TAN Game profile

Jun 24th 2010, 15:18:59

what is this, Kongregate?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Detmer Game profile

Jun 24th 2010, 15:21:41

They have some great game where you send different military units across the screen to try and reach the other side. I find humans of the west are easiest and that the computer is way better at night elves than me.

Edited By: Detmer on Jun 24th 2010, 15:21:57

TAN Game profile

Jun 24th 2010, 15:29:20

you know, i think i've played that game as well.

is that the one where there's a big map, and you can conquer different towns and stuff?
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Detmer Game profile

Jun 24th 2010, 16:21:27

I think they are more like territories, but yes that sounds right. Each race starts with like three or four places or something and in the end you fight the demons.

TAN Game profile

Jun 24th 2010, 16:31:27

ahhh i was thinking of a different game, but i still know i've played the game you are talking about. have no idea what the name is though.

i wish Kong had more original games that are solid. instead, we have to wait for Armour to have their fun.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

llaar Game profile

Jun 24th 2010, 16:47:19

Achievements would definitely be cool for this game and attracting players and getting some to stay for sure

something that shows the effort from set to set on their profile when posting on the boards or something

Forgotten1

Jun 24th 2010, 17:03:24

Make a lot of total noob achievements.

You have created a Missile!(Any)
You have created a Chemical Missile!
You have created a Nuclear Missile!
You have created a Cruise Missile!
Then add an achievement for 10, 25, 50, 100, and so on, goes on forever. (This would be by each account)

People are Hungry!! (Activated when you run a turn with out sufficient food) [This would serve as a hint / advising pop up as well!]

Achievements for finishing a reset with out dying.
Top 500, 200, 100, 50, 25, 10, 5, 1.
Networth Total, 500k, 1m, 5m, 10m, 20m, and so on.

Achievement for joining GDI, Achievement for building a building type, achievement for building a % of buildings, say, 90% Farms Achievement. Help promote / teach while giving achievements.

Bushels production, income, oil, just set a ton of levels, give out achievement points.

Achievement point rankings, max for one reset, and max total.

Make a lot of Locked ones with neat titles but doesn't say what it actually takes, so discovering it would be neat.

Rare ones and hard ones u can give them ability to change their country display name, or add an icon to their name, or something like unlimited government change while in protection.

Literally, there's a lot can be done if wanted, but I think it would take a crap ton of coding.

I guess as the community, we can work on a list of achievements and hope it gets implemented
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

Detmer Game profile

Jun 24th 2010, 17:58:53

I like that.

Getting bioterrorismed!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 24th 2010, 18:24:34

just like xbox:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 24th 2010, 18:30:18

...and here's why I don't do Gaming development :P
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jun 24th 2010, 20:33:36

as silly as we all think this is even tho its a great idea for teh facebook crowd, I think even serious players would enjoy having achievements listed with profiles. I mean we all like discussing who the best players of all time are, but do we really know how many t 10's each of them have etc. etc. Being able to easily look that up could make such discussions and all much more fun

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 24th 2010, 22:01:50

TAN and Detmer you can make fun of the idea all you want but you too use (or used) achievements! *Cough* ES Medals, etc... *Cough*

This is the same concept except game level not 3rd party site level.

A lot of games have some sort of achievements! Battlefield for the PC is one that comes to mind (because that game rules!).

Forgotten1

Jun 24th 2010, 23:23:45

I really hope the dev team will at least take a peek at this,

Because this isn't for the crowd that is here right now, this is for the new players that will eventually show up.

Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 25th 2010, 15:25:29

i have been peeking at it ;)

i've been thinking about a limited set of what you've been talking about for a while, mainly to do with final rankings &or scoring based on war &etc
Finally did the signature thing.

Detmer Game profile

Jun 25th 2010, 15:28:34

... I stated I like it and came up with an idea I was legitimately excited about. I am sorry that you think *ALL* exclamation points are in jest =P

Forgotten1

Jun 25th 2010, 17:06:05

qz, i think most of the people here in this thread's take is that, not limit it, EXPAND it, to everything and anything, it'll annoy the fluff out of a veteran, but a new player or a player that is learning, this will be 'exciting' and 'new'.

So what it'll annoy the fluff out of most of us that are still here. Most of the achievements will be done by us in a few sets anyways, and the ones that do come later, are usually the ones we don't work on. Like missiles for a netter or a networth / land achievement for a warmonger.

It'll definitely be something new, with achievement points, there's competition OVERALL, not just each set, which was what some people were asking for, a ranking system of finishes (which hurt warmongers). And cut off noobs because they lose out on points when they didn't even play.

But now an ACHIEVEMENT system, a new player would be able to catch up right away with non-point freaks in a few sets, and can work on different achievements.

We can have achievements for total land lost, amount of SS/PS defended, lots of weird things, and those can be for untag, give the untags a couple bones here and there.

I know it will be extremely hard to code, but it WILL be worth it. Achievements is the new thing in gaming.

From text based to graphic games like Diablo I, to games with stronger game play like WarCraft II, to expanded personal development in Diablo II, to introducing personal achievements in World of Warcraft. I mean, look at the biggest and most successful gaming company, Blizzard.

If you look at the GTA line, it's the same thing, even first person shooters is all about achievements now, look at Battle Field : Bad Company.

We're past the age of where graphic games can hold the crown, all of them are fighting for more ability to hold their gamers, and ACHIEVEMENTS is it. Literally will cause casual gamers into hard core games, I've seem moms in World of Warcraft doing casual leveling developing into a full blown 16 hour a day 'casual' gamer who works on achievements.

This could potentially turn Earth Empires from a text based browser based game into a Flash? or Silverlight based game. Maybe Java? I don't know, I don't program.

Non invasive pop up with Achievement title, points, short description and link to long description would be nice. Ability to close it with a simple ESC button would also be nice. So for Veterans who first start it, can just go through them right away.

Making them server based as well would mean multiple rankings on multiple servers, rankings would allow bragging rights, but not release of each person's country information.

Rankings with Alliance Tags would be even more bragging rights, top 10 all LaF members? BOOM! HEAD SHOT!

Alliance Rankings as well, Total Alliance achievement points and average alliance member achievement points.

potentially have a different set of achievements as well for each Alliance. Tags can then be registered with the Admins, and maybe have 5 tag holders and can be updated every reset.

Man, this can go far, seriously.
It's a lot of work, but I'm being totally honest, there are people out there that can help.
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

Forgotten1

Jun 25th 2010, 17:09:52

In short,

Gaming in the 85-95 was all about text based, or simple graphic games, or console.
95-2005 we saw a HUGE increase in graphics quality from Diablo to World of Warcraft, to some really nice FPS graphics.

Since 2006 there has been a push for achievements, every game out there is doing it.

It's time for EE to push on the new age.
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 25th 2010, 17:19:03

boo flash & sliverlight, HTML5 ftw ;)

I see what you mean though, you don't mean for every set like 7x T25 or something like that, just a "i have done this before" thing

Forgotten1

Jun 25th 2010, 17:30:54

Yup, and that's how achievements should be done.

But, we can always add super achievements. 5x T100 finishes. 5x Top10 finishes.

super achievements can give other benefits, forum avatar, title, country icon next to name, different colour country name (all optional, in game stuff can attract suiciders)

I mean, wouldn't a super title saying you have won Express 10 times be awsome? We have a Panda Express Medal in LaF for winning Express =p

Life time 1000 Kills in Alliance server, BLOODTHIRST title in forum.

This all would also mean that a super forum would be needed, which was LOOONG over due.

And super forums can have small flash games as well, separate page for those, addictive flash games, we all fight for high score, some achievements, but definitely lots of bragging rights.

those small flash games are all over the net, free to plug into, and definitely would help generate traffic.

Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

trainboy Game profile

Jul 6th 2010, 22:57:03

i like the idea to a certain degree but too make them too easy devalues it. if you want bragging rights you need to make sure that only a small number earn them.

we need new players to strive towards them not think they are awesome cause they done something fluffy and then shoot off at the mouth,

like xbox u need to feel u earn it

trainboy Game profile

Jul 6th 2010, 22:57:14

i like the idea to a certain degree but too make them too easy devalues it. if you want bragging rights you need to make sure that only a small number earn them.

we need new players to strive towards them not think they are awesome cause they done something fluffy and then shoot off at the mouth,

like xbox u need to feel u earn it

starstalker4

Jul 7th 2010, 17:28:13

gregg and the guy who ran earthstats both talked about this eight weeks ago for warring purposes

but then they got caught up in the multiple LaE scandals and then they both left so it kind of died out

if you can win a game without ever fighting a battle; it is not a war game

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 7th 2010, 18:25:29

Earthstats? Comwood hasn't been around at all practically =(

Edit: I thought you meant earthgraphs orginally; i don't remember the EG guys' name... but he hasn't relaly been around either.

we've been talking about these things for FB for a while, though I suppose not publically; though not quite the scope Forgotten was talking about.

Edited By: qzjul on Jul 7th 2010, 18:50:08
See Original Post

Havoc Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 18:46:25

heh what happened to Comwood?
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega