Verified:

AndrewMose Game profile

Jan 19th 2012, 21:24:26

I don't play this server because it is basically run by large alliances. One way to change things up is to create a team market. This is only available to the 4 other players in your team and units/tech can be bought or sold with 0% commission.

This would add a whole new level of teamwork and strategy. It would be hard to create an efficient market between 5 people, so there should still be access to the public market. But for those teams that could balance their internal market best, they will have a large advantage.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 19th 2012, 21:46:25

Probably wouldn't be too difficult to have all of the private markets be linked, or just allow you to click a link that takes you to any other team member's PM to buy at their prices. Could make for some pretty interesting TMBR team destocks, but make it very easy to shatter NW records to have one person destock last day on their teammates' PM.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 19th 2012, 21:49:56

so each would need to have 1 techer, 1 farmer, 1 oiler and 1 indy or 4 double strat countries.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

blid

EE Patron

Jan 19th 2012, 22:43:19

I'd kind of like to get into team server but I want it to be team oriented (ie not big alliance oriented). Any suggestion that works toward that would help.

There was a thread with suggestions before:
http://forums.earthempires.com/...&z=team-server-change

I would love going around trying to recruit a cool 5 person team and then to compete us 5 against other teams, that would be different and fun and not just another alliance server.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

diez Game profile

Jan 20th 2012, 2:28:50

It'll be very very easy to pump one member's NW...

AndrewMose Game profile

Jan 20th 2012, 4:02:37

Originally posted by diez:
It'll be very very easy to pump one member's NW...

It would be very easy, but the goal should be total team NW. Fixing the team market so that your techer is selling at 4k the whole set would just slow down the rest of the team.

Originally posted by Marshal:
so each would need to have 1 techer, 1 farmer, 1 oiler and 1 indy or 4 double strat countries.

I'm not sure that would be best. My instinct says there should be 2 cashers, 1 techers, 1 C/I, 1 Farmer. Another setup may put 3 techers, 2 cashers to maximize the research alliance. The techers would be able to sell techs, troops and tanks internally and everything else would be bought with the 6% comission

bertz Game profile

Jan 20th 2012, 10:02:29

that would attract more cheating

trainboy Game profile

Jan 20th 2012, 11:52:44

I like the idea, to stop pump and dumps just limit base prices end of day its about avg net in team, only thing a weak team or incomplete team would struggle

Could always trst it tho

AndrewMose Game profile

Jan 20th 2012, 12:14:10

Originally posted by bertz:
that would attract more cheating

What am I missing? How does this make it easier to cheat?

Marshal Game profile

Jan 20th 2012, 16:19:32

commy would have hard times to win and techer too.

General Earl Game profile

Jan 20th 2012, 16:24:10

a 5-person team, which had a market exclusive to themselves may not work with only 5 people, but perhaps if teams were increased to 7 or even 10 people, you may be able to create more of an 'ecosystem'.

I do like the idea of personal team markets though.
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

Marshal Game profile

Jan 20th 2012, 19:55:26

all in private team market would need to produce oil in that case there comes war (if only 1 or 2 producing oil then killing those 2 would mean win for attacker), team of 10 players would be better since some strats like farmer and techer are needed more than 1 and prolly indy too.

trainboy Game profile

Jan 20th 2012, 20:30:58

i do like this idea

and yeh oils like that would be useful or remove oil in team altogether as realistically who would go oiler to finance a 5 man team he would sell maybe 100k barrels a day unless there were retals or something but either way its quite easy to produce your own oil or surplus you will never sell to 4 others lol

Marshal Game profile

Jan 20th 2012, 21:42:15

if it would be 5 person tag then no room for dedicated oiler since better strats would fill those 5 slots.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 20th 2012, 21:55:59

Don't need a dedicated oiler, just need a guy willing to produce some oil.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 20th 2012, 22:36:48

Or produce buy from the public market? Just have a public/private/and internal to the team market.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 20th 2012, 22:37:17

The original post does mention access to the whole server market still, so there shouldn't be too much worry about a team not having a certain strat within it (unless you are changing the suggestion somehow).

crest23 Game profile

Jan 20th 2012, 23:10:47

You are right.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

diez Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 0:31:11

Andrew Mose, then you might as well remove the individual ranking, and make team server ranked by TNW only.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 2:09:59

That's the idea he is pitching.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

General Earl Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 2:33:13

even you had a situation that forced everyone to run rainbows.. its all about strategy. It would make people have to think about different ways of playing (think outside the box, not go with the grind as usual). Also, individual NW never really means much, it's about TNW/ANW anyways.

Edited By: General Earl on Jan 21st 2012, 2:35:14
See Original Post
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

diez Game profile

Jan 21st 2012, 6:34:36

not true GE. I haven't seen any posts congratulating ANW/TNW winner since a few mths ago... Don't think that really matters :p

Drinks Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 0:50:27

What is this TNW and ANW you talk of! Glory of first place!!!
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

AndrewMose Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 3:56:55

Originally posted by General Earl:
even you had a situation that forced everyone to run rainbows.. its all about strategy. It would make people have to think about different ways of playing (think outside the box, not go with the grind as usual). Also, individual NW never really means much, it's about TNW/ANW anyways.

I'm not sure if it forces rainbows. But the 6%/10% savings of the internal market make it much more attractive to netgain as a team.

You would absolutely still need the Public and Private markets as well. So oiler is still a valid strategy (as valid as it is now).

AndrewMose Game profile

Apr 3rd 2024, 20:03:07

I'm going to bump this up since there are currently some big ideas being floated around about entirely new servers. While I'm sure a "Team Market" isn't the quickest coding exercise, it's probably easier to do than other ideas being floated around. I've always liked this idea as a way to reward closer collaboration within the team. Currently a team can setup a techer to leach from and 4 FFOs and play the entire set without any communication. On the war side, there already is a need for collaboration, but it would be interesting to provide a better team dynamic for netting.

BROmanceNZ

Apr 3rd 2024, 21:54:15

I support this idea also.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 4th 2024, 6:07:18

Doing this change is more complicated on the backend then it appears.

As I understand it, the public market on Team isn't in a good state right now. Adding another clan market would make that problem even worse. So I'm very hesitant to make a change like this. The Team server also doesn't have a strong identity right now.

To make Team better, the only thing that popped into my mind is giving each team an exploring pool and making exploring subtract from that pool. So for example, there could be 50000 acres for each tag and the countries in that tag would have to cooperate in how they get allocated. Countries would explore for 0 acres a turn once the pool runs dry. The purpose of the change is to encourage players to landgrab each other. I suspect the outcome instead would be that everyone would just do tech starts.

AndrewMose Game profile

Apr 4th 2024, 11:18:08

The easiest way to add land grabbing to any server is to use the primary style GDI. I like that idea too.

What do you see in the team market to show that it's in a bad state?